PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd say this

Pat Vegas
11-12-2019, 01:11 PM
but I actually like my job :hide:

I am sure that will change by the end of the day.

IUFG
11-12-2019, 01:19 PM

The HR team will beat that out of you, f

:thumbup:

Ash
11-12-2019, 01:31 PM

Well done, Pat.

We are going to be getting a new kitchen chez-moi. Any tips?

Pat Vegas
11-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Well done, Pat.

We are going to be getting a new kitchen chez-moi. Any tips?

If you don't gave gas Induction is good. The Neff ovens with the door that slides in is a nice touch.
Slow closing doors are nice, find a good kitchen fitter they'll give you ideas you didn't think of or put cabinets where you may have thought it's not possible. I have this weird arch in the kitchen that was probably once a hatch that had been filled in. he boxed that all in and put more cupboards.

whilst it's going on shove a microwave in the living room and get microwave meals from Waitrose or marks and spencers. some are quite nice actually.

redgunamo
11-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Sad bastárd. The Man wins again :-(

Pat Vegas
11-13-2019, 09:14 AM

My other idea of winning the lotto hasn't worked so I thought I'd plough on with the 'career' stuff

PSRB
11-13-2019, 10:06 AM
If you don't gave gas Induction is good. The Neff ovens with the door that slides in is a nice touch.
Slow closing doors are nice, find a good kitchen fitter they'll give you ideas you didn't think of or put cabinets where you may have thought it's not possible. I have this weird arch in the kitchen that was probably once a hatch that had been filled in. he boxed that all in and put more cupboards.

whilst it's going on shove a microwave in the living room and get microwave meals from Waitrose or marks and spencers. some are quite nice actually.

All good advice, get a couple of quotes at least, then also take the best bits from each design and get whoever you go with to the incorporate that.
This induction is a beaut and means I have no hood as it's all downdrafted and out through floor :-) https://www.cookersandovens.co.uk/blog/introducing-the-neff-venting-hob/

IUFG
11-13-2019, 10:10 AM
All good advice, get a couple of quotes at least, then also take the best bits from each design and get whoever you go with to the incorporate that.
This induction is a beaut and means I have no hood as it's all downdrafted and out through floor :-) https://www.cookersandovens.co.uk/blog/introducing-the-neff-venting-hob/

I had an induction hob in our last house. I was impressed as had never used one previously.
It did give off a leeeetle bit of a high pitched 'electrical' noise when in use. Is this a common thing with them all?

PSRB
11-13-2019, 10:14 AM
I had an induction hob in our last house. I was impressed as had never used one previously.
It did give off a leeeetle bit of a high pitched 'electrical' noise when in use. Is this a common thing with them all?

Mine doesn't, or at least not that I've noticed but then I also have TV on when I'm in the kitchen

Pat Vegas
11-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Also on a negative note. Once you have a shiny new kitchen you'll notice how other rooms in the house are not as nice and will need to be redone.

Bathroom remodel starts 2nd week of Jan :-(
Neither room wasn't bad but whoever did them done them up to sell the place and they were rushed.

Pat Vegas
11-13-2019, 10:18 AM

my last one used to click a bit and make a whirring noise. or it would boil in a weird pulsey way.

Luis Anaconda
11-13-2019, 10:20 AM
No stamina these youngsters

PSRB
11-13-2019, 10:23 AM
Also on a negative note. Once you have a shiny new kitchen you'll notice how other rooms in the house are not as nice and will need to be redone.

Bathroom remodel starts 2nd week of Jan :-(
Neither room wasn't bad but whoever did them done them up to sell the place and they were rushed.

Haha, not wrong there. Also, don't get white quartz, the glw and I spend every waking hour wiping down the ******* thing!!

Pat Vegas
11-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Haha, not wrong there. Also, don't get white quartz, the glw and I spend every waking hour wiping down the ******* thing!!

:hehe: I got wooden counter tops. Whislt they look lovely oiling them and worried about staining them isn't fun.

PSRB
11-13-2019, 10:41 AM
:hehe: I got wooden counter tops. Whislt they look lovely oiling them and worried about staining them isn't fun.

Same issue with the wooden bar top and table, I've banned the kids from using them

redgunamo
11-14-2019, 09:55 AM
There you are then. It's not about money, is it. It's about having enough time; enough time to do what you want to do, as the man said.

My other idea of winning the lotto hasn't worked so I thought I'd plough on with the 'career' stuff