11-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Liverpool are going to win the league undefeated. :thumbup:

We can't compete with these rich Oil Baron owners :shout:

Oh.....

Sir C
11-11-2019, 10:07 AM
:-(

10 characters

When Liverpool win the league in 2020 it will be 30 years since their last league title.

Manchester United went 26 years without a leagure title.

We've only had 15 years. Just another 10 or 15 to wait. :thumbup:

Tony C
11-11-2019, 10:07 AM
First of all Good ebening

Tactically

Very good

Old Trafford

Unlucky going forward

We want to play with intensity

David Luiz

First of all good ebening

Burney
11-11-2019, 10:10 AM
When Liverpool win the league in 2020 it will be 30 years since their last league title.

Manchester United went 26 years without a leagure title.

We've only had 15 years. Just another 10 or 15 to wait. :thumbup:

A chap has reached an age where he starts to wonder if he'll ever see us win the league again. :-(

Mind you, most fans never get to see their teams win the league, so one mustn't grumble, really.

Sir C
11-11-2019, 10:15 AM
A chap has reached an age where he starts to wonder if he'll ever see us win the league again. :-(

Mind you, most fans never get to see their teams win the league, so one mustn't grumble, really.

Lord no. Until I was 25 or so it never even occurred to me that we might win the league one day. That was something other teams did...

It just used to be, you know... nice. Watching Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira playing such remarkably attractive football. It made a chap puff his chest out a bit and feel sort of special, if you will. Reflected glory, how very illogical! Still. It was good fun at the time.

Burney
11-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Lord no. Until I was 25 or so it never even occurred to me that we might win the league one day. That was something other teams did...

It just used to be, you know... nice. Watching Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira playing such remarkably attractive football. It made a chap puff his chest out a bit and feel sort of special, if you will. Reflected glory, how very illogical! Still. It was good fun at the time.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we won the league when you were 7. :rubchin:

Sir C
11-11-2019, 10:21 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we won the league when you were 7. :rubchin:

Yes, so by the time I was old enough to take an interest in football that was a historical event :shrug:

Are you suggesting that by the age of 6 you were standing on the Clock End in a butcher's coat and 13 hole oxblood DMs offering out opposing supporters or something?

Burney
11-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Yes, so by the time I was old enough to take an interest in football that was a historical event :shrug:

Are you suggesting that by the age of 6 you were standing on the Clock End in a butcher's coat and 13 hole oxblood DMs offering out opposing supporters or something?

Not at all. But I certainly identified as an Arsenal supporter at 7. Or a Palace supporter. I forget the chronology.

Sir C
11-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Not at all. But I certainly identified as an Arsenal supporter at 7. Or a Palace supporter. I forget the chronology.

And if, when you were 7, someone had told you that Crystal Palace had won the league the year before, you'd have thought of it as an event from pre-history. I reckon.

Burney
11-11-2019, 10:31 AM
And if, when you were 7, someone had told you that Crystal Palace had won the league the year before, you'd have thought of it as an event from pre-history. I reckon.

Possibly true. Mind you, at that time I would have been more concerned about Vince Hilaire, who at that time I was pretty sure was the greatest footballer in history. :hehe:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Vince Hilaire!
I remember him earning plenty of plaudits back in the day - a very exciting black pearl
Terry Neill tried to sign him one Transfer Deadline day...but ended up with Peter Nicholas instead :-\

Burney
11-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Vince Hilaire!
I remember him earning plenty of plaudits back in the day - a very exciting black pearl
Terry Neill tried to sign him one Transfer Deadline day...but ended up with Peter Nicholas instead :-\

Were there deadline days back then? Did the window slam shut?

Maravilloso Marvo
11-11-2019, 12:34 PM
So from this thread we have learnt that Sir C started supporting Arsenal because they were the champions at the time, basically the Man City of this moment in 1971 and that Berni was a Crystal Palace supporter before deciding to switch, presumably for the same reasons as Sir C

Viva Prat Vegas
11-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Yep
Always around mid March but, as with FA Cup draws heard on Radio 2, we didn't see any of it

IUFG
11-11-2019, 12:38 PM

I saw Dennis Bergkamp make a most exquisite pass to Ian Wright at Hillsborough; it made me glad to be alive.

Wrighty missed.

Burney
11-11-2019, 12:42 PM
So from this thread we have learnt that Sir C started supporting Arsenal because they were the champions at the time, basically the Man City of this moment in 1971 and that Berni was a Crystal Palace supporter before deciding to switch, presumably for the same reasons as Sir C

To be fair to my young self, I think someone deciding to follow the shítshow that was pre-Graham Arsenal would struggle to be called a gloryhunter :hehe:

IUFG
11-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Possibly true. Mind you, at that time I would have been more concerned about Vince Hilaire, who at that time I was pretty sure was the greatest footballer in history. :hehe:

Good player. Better kit.
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/images/archives/archive-1819/news-stories/vince-hiliare.jpg/Large

Burney
11-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Good player. Better kit.
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/images/archives/archive-1819/news-stories/vince-hiliare.jpg/Large

:nod: I have only ever been a full-kit wánker once in my life and it was with that kit. The shirt was just beautiful. :love:

I have no idea why Palace have ever worn any other kit, the lunatics.

IUFG
11-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I saw Dennis Bergkamp make a most exquisite pass to Ian Wright at Hillsborough; it made me glad to be alive.

Wrighty missed.

Correction - at Elland Road.

Wrighty scored earlier in the game and did a daft dance. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink equalised after some woeful, early Wenger-era defending.

barrybueno
11-11-2019, 01:00 PM
:nod: I have only ever been a full-kit wánker once in my life and it was with that kit. The shirt was just beautiful. :love:

I have no idea why Palace have ever worn any other kit, the lunatics.

'He's here, he's there, he's every fúcking where'

Team of the 80's :hehe: There's a BT Sports Film doc on that, it's classic stuff. Honestly :thumbup:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-11-2019, 01:08 PM
IUFG "Wrighty scored earlier in the game and did a daft dance. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink equalised after some woeful, early Wenger-era defending."

Opening day of our 2nd Double season
:Cloud9:
Typically boiling hot...sweat dripping off Wrighty's head
Goodness knows how Wesley would have coped :-)

Viva Prat Vegas
11-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Burney " I have only ever been a full-kit wánker once in my life and it was with that kit. The shirt was just beautiful.

I have no idea why Palace have ever worn any other kit, the lunatics."

:nod: I quite liked the striped number they wore in the Wrighty Cup Final (first game) but yes, their Thunderbirds number was the tops :thumbup:

Sir C
11-11-2019, 01:10 PM
IUFG "Wrighty scored earlier in the game and did a daft dance. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink equalised after some woeful, early Wenger-era defending."

Opening day of our 2nd Double season
:Cloud9:
Typically boiling hot...sweat dripping off Wrighty's head
Goodness knows how Wesley would have coped :-)

Was that one of those games where we went up norf and blew the opposition away inside 15 minutes? :cloud9:

I said at the time, I said, "We'll suffer for all this joy one day, mark my words."

Needless to say, I was right.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-11-2019, 01:12 PM
:cry: :cry:

IUFG
11-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Was that one of those games where we went up norf and blew the opposition away inside 15 minutes? :cloud9:

I said at the time, I said, "We'll suffer for all this joy one day, mark my words."

Needless to say, I was right.

we drew that one, I'm sure.

Sir C
11-11-2019, 01:20 PM
we drew that one, I'm sure.

:wengerout:

IUFG
11-11-2019, 01:23 PM
:wengerout:

Though I remember a couple of games at Leeds when we gubbed them. One of which was their first game at home after a couple of fans had been killed in Turkey.

The Arsenal players brought out flowers and gave them to the crowd. Then stuck 4 past their team :cloud9: