Pat Vegas
11-06-2019, 05:39 PM
:hehe:

Clowns

Rich
11-06-2019, 10:11 PM
:hehe:

Clowns

Funny how things got worse when Arsene left.

Pokster
11-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Funny how things got worse when Arsene left.

But they didn't, higher league finish and the final of the EL. Was never going to be easy replacing a legend, the first manager after is in an almost impossible position. He is likely to leave this season but we now have a better transfer policy as it has been taken out of the managers hands, so if we make the correct choice the future looks quite good to me

Rich
11-07-2019, 08:33 AM
But they didn't, higher league finish and the final of the EL. Was never going to be easy replacing a legend, the first manager after is in an almost impossible position. He is likely to leave this season but we now have a better transfer policy as it has been taken out of the managers hands, so if we make the correct choice the future looks quite good to me

If Arsene was here under the new regime we would be lightyears ahead of where we are with Unai.

- Players wouldn't be confused about the position/system they play.
- There would be some continuity around selection. Not random XIs every week.
- We would play a brand of football that is pleasant to watch.
- We would see better performances from our attacking talent.
- Have an eloquent Genius in charge.

Since He left, we have:

- Spent (a lot) more
- Played demonstrably awful football.
- Not improved defensively.
- Gone backwards offensively.
- Achieved a few points more last season but gone backwards this season.

Pokster
11-07-2019, 08:36 AM
If Arsene was here under the new regime we would be lightyears ahead of where we are with Unai.

- Players wouldn't be confused about the position/system they play.
- There would be some continuity around selection. Not random XIs every week.
- We would play a brand of football that is pleasant to watch.
- We would see better performances from our attacking talent.
- Have an eloquent Genius in charge.

Since He left, we have:

- Spent (a lot) more
- Played demonstrably awful football.
- Not improved defensively.
- Gone backwards offensively.
- Achieved a few points more last season but gone backwards this season.

If Arsene was here we wouldn't have the new regime, he wanted complete control, for a numbe rof years it worked, for the last few years it plainly didn't.

And have we spent a lot more in the last 18 months?

Rich
11-07-2019, 08:48 AM
If Arsene was here we wouldn't have the new regime, he wanted complete control, for a numbe rof years it worked, for the last few years it plainly didn't.

And have we spent a lot more in the last 18 months?

Perhaps a fair point on the regime change, though it has yet to be proven as a good thing. On the spending; I'm not sure of the exact numbers but below equates to over £160m and I don't think we spent anywhere near that under Arsene. Shame the board didn't back him but perhaps they now wish they had. Grass isn't always greener.

Pepe - 72m
Saliba - 30m
Tierney - 30m
Cabellos - 15m loan fee
Luiz - 8m
Martinelli - 6m

Pokster
11-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Perhaps a fair point on the regime change, though it has yet to be proven as a good thing. On the spending; I'm not sure of the exact numbers but below equates to over £160m and I don't think we spent anywhere near that under Arsene. Shame the board didn't back him but perhaps they now wish they had. Grass isn't always greener.

Pepe - 72m
Saliba - 30m
Tierney - 30m
Cabellos - 15m loan fee
Luiz - 8m
Martinelli - 6m

Couploe of points, you have fallen into the trap of saying a tfr fee is what we have paid, Pepe might be £72m but it is over a number of years so reduces how much we have spent since UE arrived. Under AW AL and PEA were both purchased and we also increased our wage bill with the AS HM swap and the over the top salary we paid MO, under AW we also lwt a number of high profile players run contracts down into their final year (AR being the most recent), which meant we lost money we could have received.

Pat Vegas
11-07-2019, 09:06 AM

Pepe - 72m
Saliba - 30m
Tierney - 30m
Cabellos - 15m loan fee
Luiz - 8m
Martinelli - 6m

Emery came in when Gazidis was still round so I am curious to see how this plays out.
Sanllehi from what I understand and heard him talk wants to take the club higher. I would hope we see more of a ruthless mentality when it comes to people not performing. we seem to have done that in the transfer market.

I do like Emery but something is very wrong.

Rich
11-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Emery came in when Gazidis was still round so I am curious to see how this plays out.
Sanllehi from what I understand and heard him talk wants to take the club higher. I would hope we see more of a ruthless mentality when it comes to people not performing. we seem to have done that in the transfer market.

I do like Emery but something is very wrong.

Can you please explain what there is to like about Emery? I really must be missing something.

Pat Vegas
11-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Can you please explain what there is to like about Emery? I really must be missing something.

I find him awkward and feel sorry for him. He's not endearing himself much lately though.

I liked this effort to speak english and starting all conversations with good afternon/ evening etc.

apart from that I didn't know anything about him before he joined.

Ash
11-07-2019, 09:35 AM
I find him awkward and feel sorry for him. He's not endearing himself much lately though.

I liked this effort to speak english and starting all conversations with good afternon/ evening etc.

apart from that I didn't know anything about him before he joined.

I share your compassion for the man. Perhaps for his own good he should be 'put to sleep'* to spare him the pain of watching his own failure. He will still get the same monies by sitting at home by the fire as if he was standing there in the pissing rain muttering to himself.

*phucked out the window

Pat Vegas
11-07-2019, 09:38 AM
I share your compassion for the man. Perhaps for his own good he should be 'put to sleep'* to spare him the pain of watching his own failure. He will still get the same monies by sitting at home by the fire as if he was standing there in the pissing rain muttering to himself.

*phucked out the window

:nod:
The club has got to decide if the cost of getting rid of him sooner than later will be a lot less than missing out CL once agian (possibly even Europa at this rate) and a mass exodus of our better players.

Emery is a Europa league expert and even that he's making difficult for himself. (on paper not really as we are doing fine)

Not that a new manager will gauratee CL football.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-07-2019, 09:50 AM

*phucked out the window

I'd forgotten about that. I must have blanked it out. He really has snapped, hasn't he? He's literally become a gibbering wreck.

Rich
11-07-2019, 09:58 AM

*phucked out the window

When was he muttering to himself?

I note that his pre and post match interviews were different to what we have become accustomed to.

'Why have you chosen to make Rob Holding captain and not one of your remaining four captains?'
'Because I have.'

Also - four/five captains :-(
Holding votes among the players for important decisions :-(

Ash
11-07-2019, 10:16 AM
When was he muttering to himself?

Last night. Look though, there's nothing wrong with "talking to god" if that is where one finds comfort in stressful situations.

Sir C
11-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Last night. Look though, there's nothing wrong with "talking to god" if that is where one finds comfort in stressful situations.

What do you think, a? Is he toast? Is his ass grass?

Is there a masterplan to get Erik in? :cloud9:

Tony C
11-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Oh
My
God

Bob Bradley was in the Kronke box with Josh at the Denver Nuggets win last night.

-

Said all along....this team needs Simeone but noooooo

All u cry babies want the fancy stuff with no end product. Ffs

You complain the team can’t defend but also w ank off every time Ozil walks around and does one of his sh itty passes

Hope u fkin enjoy Bob fkin Bradley

Ash
11-07-2019, 10:47 AM
What do you think, a? Is he toast? Is his ass grass?

Is there a masterplan to get Erik in? :cloud9:

I have no idea whether the suits plan to pull the trigger. I thought it said on the news though that yer man Erik is going nowhere for now.

Is George still alive?

Tony C
11-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Saliba...Broken foot

:clap:

Who is signing these players?

Tyranny is Scottish so will never be world class
Pepe is a BTEC Boa Morte
Ceballos is a Real Madrid reject...like Ozil
Saliba - broken foot

:banghead:

That small c Ock Raul has to go :nod: