PDA

View Full Version : You know that bit where they go fishing and catch a fish

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:09 PM
and cook it over a fire and then they go to sleep? I suspect they did a sexytime.

That chapter is probably the crowning glory in the western literary canon.

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:11 PM
and cook it over a fire and then they go to sleep? I suspect they did a sexytime.

That chapter is probably the crowning glory in the western literary canon.

No, the best fishing scene ever written in English is 'Big Two-Hearted River' by Hemingway. It shows you what a wonderful writer he might have been if he hadn't got obsessed with bullfighting and impotence.

barrybueno
11-05-2019, 03:17 PM
No, the best fishing scene ever written in English is 'Big Two-Hearted River' by Hemingway. It shows you what a wonderful writer he might have been if he hadn't got obsessed with bullfighting and impotence.

I'm going for any scene in Peter Benchley's Jaws*

*I've never read it, I really think I should tbh

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm going for any scene in Peter Benchley's Jaws*

*I've never read it, I really think I should tbh

There was a sexytime scene in that book. It got handed round my school for weeks.

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:23 PM
There was a sexytime scene in that book. It got handed round my school for weeks.

:nod: It was when Hooper banged Chief Brody's missus, wasn't it? That's why Brody ended up leaving Hooper to get ate up by the shark.

Fair to say it was a bit different to the film.

barrybueno
11-05-2019, 03:29 PM
:nod: It was when Hooper banged Chief Brody's missus, wasn't it? That's why Brody ended up leaving Hooper to get ate up by the shark.

Fair to say it was a bit different to the film.

Oh well there's no point in me buying it now :-(