PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Rees Mogg

TheCurly
11-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Now I think we can all agree that the man is an utter fúcknugget of the highest calibre but I "sorta" get what he was saying about Grenfell.I know I would have left no matter what the advice was.
That is in no way defending the ****s that build these things out of petrol and wood

Burney
11-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Now I think we can all agree that the man is an utter fúcknugget of the highest calibre but I "sorta" get what he was saying about Grenfell.I know I would have left no matter what the advice was.
That is in no way defending the ****s that build these things out of petrol and wood

Indeed. Is he not, in fact, effectively reiterating the findings of the inquiry? Trying to turn that into 'Rees-Mogg slags off Grenfell victims as thick' is wildly cynical and dishonest.

Sir C
11-05-2019, 02:55 PM

He's an odd fellow and no mistake.

If he just took his suits back to his tailor, he could have them altered to fit him properly. That's what tailors are for, for all love.

His unfailing politeness, in the face of the likes of Owen Jones, is positively saintly. His comments about Grenfell were clumsy and politically naive.

A few more slips like that and we'll end up with Grandpa Semtex in charge. :-(

Burney
11-05-2019, 02:59 PM

If he just took his suits back to his tailor, he could have them altered to fit him properly. That's what tailors are for, for all love.

His unfailing politeness, in the face of the likes of Owen Jones, is positively saintly. His comments about Grenfell were clumsy and politically naive.

It is a bit odd, that. Also, his haircut.

Clumsy, certainly, but it will pass quickly. If the polling's anything to go by, Labour look to be haemorrhaging votes - even in London.

I'm much more worried about the Brexit Party mongs. :-(

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:02 PM

He will just quietly sit at the back while the elction campaign is on so he doesn't **** up....even teh Tory party can't **** this up shirley?

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:07 PM
He will just quietly sit at the back while the elction campaign is on so he doesn't **** up....even teh Tory party can't **** this up shirley?

You realise that despite all we know about Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, some 25% of the population are prepared to admit a willingness to vote for them? They only need another 10% or so. If that doesn't scare you shítless, you're either brave or stupid.

TheCurly
11-05-2019, 03:09 PM
It is a bit odd, that. Also, his haircut.

Clumsy, certainly, but it will pass quickly. If the polling's anything to go by, Labour look to be haemorrhaging votes - even in London.

It's all gone quite surreal over here :( This party pulling out of that constituency to give some other party a free whack at the DUP/Sinn Fein.

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:11 PM
You realise that despite all we know about Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, some 25% of the population are prepared to admit a willingness to vote for them? They only need another 10% or so. If that doesn't scare you shítless, you're either brave or stupid.

Some people will always vote Labour.... low paid and working class will support them as they will look after them, something that you couldn't really see Boris doing

Ash
11-05-2019, 03:14 PM

Time to Banish Boris's Brino and put the Exit back into Brexit imo :thumbup:.

How else are we going to renationalise the public utilities? :hehe:

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:14 PM

Oh, they might get in, but if they do it will be in alliance with the Lib Dems and not by gaining votes (not that that will be much consolation, of course).

No, if Boris has anything like a free run at the Leave vote in safe seats and marginals, he'll smash it. That's why the BP are what concerns me.

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Some people will always vote Labour.... low paid and working class will support them as they will look after them, something that you couldn't really see Boris doing

I'm not sure condemning their children and grandchildren to labour under decades of uncontrolled debt is really 'lloking after them'.

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:15 PM

That's not what polling among the low-paid and working class is currently saying.

That's not Labour's core vote anymore.

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Time to Banish Boris's Brino and put the Exit back into Brexit imo :thumbup:.

How else are we going to renationalise the public utilities? :hehe:

Psst, a. You realise that a vote for the BXP is a vote for Corbyn, followed by no Brexit?

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure condemning their children and grandchildren to labour under decades of uncontrolled debt is really 'lloking after them'.

Sorry, I've obviously missed the Topry party that Austerity is over " and are also pledging a huge increase in public spending....

Ash
11-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Psst, a. You realise that a vote for the BXP is a vote for Corbyn, followed by no Brexit?

I expect a fair few Labour seats will go to the BXP, in fact.

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Have a second public vote then if the General Election is now only a Brexit vote :shrug:

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:20 PM

It's no good trying to convince them with things like logic and facts. I've spent days trying. They won't listen.

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Have a second public vote then if the General Election is now only a Brexit vote :shrug:

We've already had a vote though p :thumbup:

By all means have a second vote after we've enacted the results of the first vote. But ignoring the first vote is a bit, you know... it's a bit like the act of a dictatorship :-(

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:21 PM
I expect a fair few Labour seats will go to the BXP, in fact.

:shakehead: As things stand, they're unlikely to win a single seat.

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:23 PM
We've already had a vote though p :thumbup:

By all means have a second vote after we've enacted the results of the first vote. But ignoring the first vote is a bit, you know... it's a bit like the act of a dictatorship :-(

Oh I agree 100%, but then you shouldn't complain if psople vote for a party that gives them what they want even if it means they end up with something else. A lot of people who wanted Brexit do not want the wattered down version that the Tory party are trying to give us, so why shouldn't they voye for the Brexit party in that case?

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I've obviously missed the Topry party that Austerity is over " and are also pledging a huge increase in public spending....

There is a matter of degree to consider, p. Considering Comrade Corbyn's plans for nationalisation and general free stuff, together with the inevitable capital flight and subsequent collapse in tax revenues, do you really thinka Tory government, any Tory government, will fúck the economy to a similar extent?

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:25 PM
:shakehead: As things stand, they're unlikely to win a single seat.

I don't get the complaining that the Brexit party vote will lessen the Tory chances, if it happens the other way round and the Lib Dems or Labour don't stand against each other in certain seats people would be up in arms about it.

It's called Democracy

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Oh I agree 100%, but then you shouldn't complain if psople vote for a party that gives them what they want even if it means they end up with something else. A lot of people who wanted Brexit do not want the wattered down version that the Tory party are trying to give us, so why shouldn't they voye for the Brexit party in that case?

Because the consequence of doing so in Tory safe seats and marginals will be a government that stops Brexit altogether. It's really quite simple.

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:26 PM
There is a matter of degree to consider, p. Considering Comrade Corbyn's plans for nationalisation and general free stuff, together with the inevitable capital flight and subsequent collapse in tax revenues, do you really thinka Tory government, any Tory government, will fúck the economy to a similar extent?

The Tory party are not averse to ****ing up the economy.

The longest run of economic growth over the last 100 yrs was under a Labour Govt

Pokster
11-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Because the consequence of doing so in Tory safe seats and marginals will be a government that stops Brexit altogether. It's really quite simple.

But the Govt have called the GE so they can't then call for the Brexit party to stand down and then complain if other party's try to do the same

Sir C
11-05-2019, 03:28 PM
The Tory party are not averse to ****ing up the economy.

The longest run of economic growth over the last 100 yrs was under a Labour Govt

That wasn't my question.

I will ask again: given Corbyn and McDonnell's widely touted plans for renationalisation, a bonanza give away for the feckless, and punitive taxation of the wealth creators, do you think the economy would do better or worse under a Tory government or under this gang of self-confessed Marxists?

Burney
11-05-2019, 03:29 PM
I don't get the complaining that the Brexit party vote will lessen the Tory chances, if it happens the other way round and the Lib Dems or Labour don't stand against each other in certain seats people would be up in arms about it.

It's called Democracy

No they wouldn't. Indeed, there are plenty of people advocating exactly this.

And our democracy is very much a first-past-the-post democracy, which is what makes such strategic considerations necessary.

Ash
11-05-2019, 03:34 PM
That wasn't my question.

I will ask again: given Corbyn and McDonnell's widely touted plans for renationalisation, a bonanza give away for the feckless, and punitive taxation of the wealth creators, do you think the economy would do better or worse under a Tory government or under this gang of self-confessed Marxists?

Don't worry. I don't think the EU would allow them to do that sort of thing. Against the rules, I think. Italy is not even allowed to set a Keynesian budget.

PSRB
11-05-2019, 03:45 PM

We said that last time and made a damn good fist of ****ing it up