PDA

View Full Version : Rugby has become a game of one

Sir C
11-04-2019, 12:42 PM
inexplicable penalty after another.

Does anyone understand the rules any more?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-04-2019, 12:47 PM

I just can't watch it. Brick shíthouses trying to run through each other and usually failing has a dissonance about it. It's ugly whereas football is, indeed, a beautiful game.

Burney
11-04-2019, 12:50 PM

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that if you held on too long in the tackle and prevented the player from releasing it, it was you that got pinged. Now it's the other way about, which seems unfair.

As for the scrums, I've no idea these days.

Luis Anaconda
11-04-2019, 12:59 PM
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that if you held on too long in the tackle and prevented the player from releasing it, it was you that got pinged. Now it's the other way about, which seems unfair.

Neither did Garces unfortunately - not that South Africa didn't full deserve to win

PSRB
11-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Inconsistent as to how long a player holds on to it for, England got pinged for it and then 5 means later a Saffa had it for twice as long and no penalty.

We didn't deserve to win but the French ref was an arse

Luis Anaconda
11-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Not in the scrum tbf. No one ever did

PSRB
11-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Do you think if Sinckler had stayed on it would have made a difference? (Obviously not after being knocked out)

Luis Anaconda
11-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Do you think if Sinckler had stayed on it would have made a difference? (Obviously not after being knocked out)

Not really - think Gatland called it right tbf. We weren't at the races - beating the three Southern Hempisphere teams in three weekends is nearly impossible and it showed

Sir C
11-04-2019, 01:24 PM

Nah. England simply weren't at it.

barrybueno
11-04-2019, 01:25 PM

It seemed that all SA had to do was rotate the scrum and that was a pelanty, ridicules imo but then again wtf do I know*

*About 1% more than C I reckon.

Billy Goat Sverige
11-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Not really - think Gatland called it right tbf. We weren't at the races - beating the three Southern Hempisphere teams in three weekends is nearly impossible and it showed

We showed them the formula against New Zealand and they did it against us. Interesting to see what happens with Eddie now. I have a feeling he’ll go back and manage Australia. Hopefully whoever is in charge for the Six Nations realises Daly isn’t good enough to play at 15.

Rich
11-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Neither did Garces unfortunately - not that South Africa didn't full deserve to win

Go Bokke :cloud9: