'and a club that plays to win'

:-)

It would be nice to have some semblance of a defence though :hide:

Pat Vegas
10-31-2019, 10:14 AM

Also we do seem to be very unlucky.
'you make your own luck' etc.

But players always seem to score screamers against us. We give pens away on a weekly basis, we never save pens, Liverpool of course would not miss one, Mustafi own goals, I think we are just losers :-(

Even when we beat Chelsea in a shootout Cech didn't have to make a save :hehe:

Just Trent
10-31-2019, 12:05 PM

He’s not really what he was though. Years ago he’d setup to win at all costs, and do so quite often. His last outings at Chelsea and Utd were shambolic by the end. Players just downing tools on him right, left and centre. The other black mark against him is what he’d do to our promising youngsters. At least half of them would be out of contention the moment he walked in the door. If he didn’t rate Kevin De Bruyne at Chelsea, our lads won’t have a hope.

WES
10-31-2019, 12:21 PM
He’s not really what he was though. Years ago he’d setup to win at all costs, and do so quite often. His last outings at Chelsea and Utd were shambolic by the end. Players just downing tools on him right, left and centre. The other black mark against him is what he’d do to our promising youngsters. At least half of them would be out of contention the moment he walked in the door. If he didn’t rate Kevin De Bruyne at Chelsea, our lads won’t have a hope.

:nod: and you didn't mention the other young player sold at Chelsea during his tenure.

One Mo Salah. :hehe:

I wonder how many managers can say that they sold the two best players in the league as youngsters. :rubchin:

Pat Vegas
10-31-2019, 12:47 PM
:nod: and you didn't mention the other young player sold at Chelsea during his tenure.

One Mo Salah. :hehe:

I wonder how many managers can say that they sold the two best players in the league as youngsters. :rubchin:

Happens all the time you can't keep them all. I'd like to have kept hold of Gnabry.

WES
10-31-2019, 12:58 PM
Happens all the time you can't keep them all. I'd like to have kept hold of Gnabry.

Gnabry, I don't think is in the running for Bundesliga player of the year

Pat Vegas
10-31-2019, 01:47 PM

Not yet but Salah and De Bruyne are 27 and 28,
Let's see how Gnabry is in a few years time.

AFC East
11-01-2019, 03:09 PM

He's having a better year than anybody playing under Emery, which in fairness isn't much to crow about.