PDA

View Full Version : Watching a documentary on the Airbus A380. Not impressed. Ugly ****. There are only

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 11:42 AM
two planes (soz C couldn't help myself) worth a toss.

Concord and the 747. Everything else can get to fúck

Sir C
10-30-2019, 11:50 AM
two aeroplanes (soz C couldn't help myself) worth a toss.

I have some sympathy for this point of view, b. But what of the dolphin-faced Viscount, what of the elegant VC10, what of the majestic Tristar? The Dreamliner cuts quite a dash as well.

Rich
10-30-2019, 11:55 AM

I'm flying (upstairs, naturally) on a BA 747 to Miami next week. I bet it will be rubbish :cloud9:

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 11:58 AM
I have some sympathy for this point of view, b. But what of the dolphin-faced Viscount, what of the elegant VC10, what of the majestic Tristar? The Dreamliner cuts quite a dash as well.

They just said Concord had the first fly by wire system, I feel like going down the pub off the back of that!

Rich
10-30-2019, 12:12 PM

I rather like the BAC One-Eleven, too. Mainly because I did work experience on one of the last flying airframes before they were deemed too noisy.

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 12:19 PM
oh nice Shaney I want pics like my cheeky little mate here>

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2019, 12:20 PM

Was the dolphin-faced Viscount not a book by Dumas?

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 12:25 PM
I rather like the BAC One-Eleven, too. Mainly because I did work experience on one of the last flying airframes before they were deemed too noisy.

'too noisy', it's a jet engine plane ffs! I despise mankind I really really do!!!

The day we binned Concord was the day humanity went backwards. We've never recovered and never will.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2019, 12:31 PM
I'm flying (upstairs, naturally) on a BA 747 to Miami next week. I bet it will be rubbish :cloud9:

Miami probably will be - of you can afford to go there, why didn't you pick somewhere nice

Rich
10-30-2019, 12:32 PM
'too noisy', it's a jet engine plane ffs! I despise mankind I really really do!!!

The day we binned Concord was the day humanity went backwards. We've never recovered and never will.

You can just imagine disgruntled folk with their noise meters shaking their heads and tutting as one flies overhead.

Rich
10-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Miami probably will be - of you can afford to go there, why didn't you pick somewhere nice

1. I paid with Avios.
2. I am driving down to the Keys for a week, then back to Miami for a cruise around the Caribbean - my first ever cruise, as it happens.

PSRB
10-30-2019, 12:40 PM
1. I paid with Avios.
2. I am driving down to the Keys for a week, then back to Miami for a cruise around the Caribbean - my first ever cruise, as it happens.

Love the Keys, there's a cracking titty bar in Key West that I ended up in. Sunsets are quite nice too

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 12:41 PM
1. I paid with Avios.

Now you see I'd love that but Awimb frowns on cruises R, I fear for you:-(

Rich
10-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Now you see I'd love that but Awimb frowns on cruises R, I fear for you:-(

I've always turned my nose up at them too. But my Fiancee was insistent that I try one & if I dislike it then need never go on another.

So I will approach it with an open mind. We have a stateroom with an outside balcony and as much Laurent Perrier as I can drink. So worst case scenario, I will lock myself in my room with a bottle of it on days at sea.

Rich
10-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Love the Keys, there's a cracking titty bar in Key West that I ended up in. Sunsets are quite nice too

I have a 5.0 V8 Mustang to drive down in too :cloud9:

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 12:46 PM
You can just imagine disgruntled folk with their noise meters shaking their heads and tutting as one flies overhead.

Indeed, I'm imagine hypocritical hippies right now

Edit: I said that like a black bloke :hehe: Or a white yoot :-\

PSRB
10-30-2019, 12:49 PM
I have a 5.0 V8 Mustang to drive down in too :cloud9:

Did that as well......just a word to the wise, lots of speed cops on that route

IUFG
10-30-2019, 12:53 PM

Not making them anymore, are they?

From a passenger point of view, they're great imo

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 01:02 PM
I've always turned my nose up at them too. But my Fiancee was insistent that I try one & if I dislike it then need never go on another.

So I will approach it with an open mind. We have a stateroom with an outside balcony and as much Laurent Perrier as I can drink. So worst case scenario, I will lock myself in my room with a bottle of it on days at sea.

If you do venture outside your 1st class cabin don't forget to spit on the Irish steerage scum :thumbup:

WES
10-30-2019, 01:41 PM
I have flown in both the A380 business class (Air Emirates) and the Concorde and there is simply no comparison.

Could give a toss what it looks like on the outside, inside the A380 is flying heaven. Wonderful bar serving top class booze, big tellys and good food. The Concorde in contrast was cramped and ****, even if it did hit 58,000 feet and Mach 2.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2019, 01:49 PM
1. I paid with Avios.
Doesn't sound too bad - do so much stuff on Miami but it never really seemed appealing. Might be due to bad incidents at Miami airport as I was flying to Panama once

Sir C
10-30-2019, 01:51 PM
Doesn't sound too bad - do so much stuff on Miami but it never really seemed appealing. Might be due to bad incidents at Miami airport as I was flying to Panama once

I spent a pleasant enough week in South Beach once. It was a work do though, so mainly involved drinking and leering at half naked women. :pluscachange:

bbrian
10-30-2019, 02:43 PM
If you do venture outside your 1st class cabin don't forget to spit on the Irish steerage scum :thumbup:

:rubchin: :rubchin:

barrybueno
10-30-2019, 03:43 PM
:rubchin: :rubchin:

oops soz boz :hide: