PDA

View Full Version : I think Xhaka can be forgiven for throwing the shirt off.

Pat Vegas
10-28-2019, 01:35 PM
after all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/890000/images/_891170_vieira300.jpg

Sir C
10-28-2019, 01:37 PM
after all

Granit Xhaka telling our crowd to 'fúck off' is the finest act by an Arsenal captain since Cesc scored with a broken leg.

IUFG
10-28-2019, 01:39 PM
after all

I don't think Xhaka actually threw the shirt, did he?

Pat Vegas
10-28-2019, 01:40 PM
I don't think Xhaka actually threw the shirt, did he?

I think he did. He ripped it too.

Ripping shirts and cupping ears who does he think he is Hulk Hogan?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 01:43 PM
I think the booze began when he tossed the Captain's Armband to the turf

Pat Vegas
10-28-2019, 01:44 PM
I think the booze began when he tossed the Captain's Armband to the turf

:nod: I do believe he made it a whole lot worse.

For a split second I thought he was trying to get the crowd pumped up.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 01:45 PM
:hehe:
Me too

Luis Anaconda
10-28-2019, 02:02 PM
after all

If he plays as well in his next game as Vieira did against Charlton after two red cards in two games, I'll forgive him

IUFG
10-28-2019, 02:07 PM
If he plays as well in his next game as Vieira did against Charlton after two red cards in two games, I'll forgive him

I seem to remember that shirt throw was at in protest of the reffing against him. At least I hoped it was.

Was it at the beginning of the season? I'm pretty sure I was in the south of France drinking my own bodyweight in wine at the time

Luis Anaconda
10-28-2019, 02:29 PM
I seem to remember that shirt throw was at in protest of the reffing against him. At least I hoped it was.

Was it at the beginning of the season? I'm pretty sure I was in the south of France drinking my own bodyweight in wine at the time

Yep - got red cards against Sunderland for elbowing the guy who had been pulling his shirt for five minutes, then Liverpool for a studs up challenge on Didi Hamman who also went in studs up and had got away with a much worse tackle in the game. It was 8 days or so before suspensions kicked in in those days so he played the next game at Highbury against Charlton and we won 5-3 - he scored twice. Then wasn't seen in the league again until the middle of October

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Granit Xhaka telling our crowd to 'fúck off' is the finest act by an Arsenal captain since Cesc scored with a broken leg.

It's no Sammy Nelson baring his arse to the North Bank, though.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 02:37 PM
I liked Captain Cesc stomping onto the pitch in his jeans and leather jacket looking for Brian Horton

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:39 PM
I liked Captain Cesc stomping onto the pitch in his jeans and leather jacket looking for Brian Horton

I remember thinking the leather jacket looked rather cheap. I'm sure it wasn't, but it definitely looked it.

Sir C
10-28-2019, 02:39 PM
It's no Sammy Nelson baring his arse to the North Bank, though.

He didn't even bare his arse, mind. I know, for I was there.

He kept his pants in situ.

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:42 PM

Photographic evidence supports your assertion. He'd probably be charged with a sex crime these days.

IUFG
10-28-2019, 02:42 PM

there has been no bigger arse in an Arsenal shirt than this...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/06/19/2E2F19D900000578-0-image-a-7_1446837671801.jpg

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Burney "He'd probably be charged with a sex crime these days."
He was charged with a sex crime not that long ago - molesting an OAP on a bus

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:45 PM
there has been no bigger arse in an Arsenal shirt than this...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/06/19/2E2F19D900000578-0-image-a-7_1446837671801.jpg

Kevin and Sol Campbell would compete for the literal biggest arses to appear in Arsenal kit imo. It would be a clash of titans.

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Burney "He'd probably be charged with a sex crime these days."
He was charged with a sex crime not that long ago - molesting an OAP on a bus

Lord, yes! I'd forgotten.

To use a phrase that is triply ambiguous in that context, did he get off?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
:nod:
Both on the bus and in the court

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
She said Nelson was “extremely smartly dressed  . . he had a trench coat on and really shiny shoes”.

The woman claimed Nelson groped her after they had been making small talk for a few minutes. The complainant said: “All of a sudden this hand came down between my legs with some force around my pubic and vaginal area.

“I was absolutely shocked and really angry and I said ‘If you do that again I will give you such a slap’.

“About 10 minutes later he did exactly the same thing again.”

The court was shown a clip of the bus ride during which Nelson apparently picks up the woman’s hand and either kisses it or presses it to his face.

Counsel for Nelson, Emily Baxter, said: “I suggest Mr Nelson is getting jokey and silly and some of that is physical horseplay.”

Neither of the complainant’s two companions had noticed the alleged assault, the court heard.

The complainant denied only reporting the incident to the police after googling Nelson and his former career.

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:51 PM
:nod:
Both on the bus and in the court

I'm actually saddened that an Arsenal legend was on a bus. :-(

Sir C
10-28-2019, 02:53 PM

Oh there's nothing wrong with the Uncle Gus, b. It allows a chap to return home from an evening repast without peering nervously into the rear view mirror. (I can speak with confidence only of the 51)

Pat Vegas
10-28-2019, 02:54 PM

I've seen Charlie George get on a bus at Finsbury Park before.
And come out the tube recently.

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
She said Nelson was “extremely smartly dressed  . . he had a trench coat on and really shiny shoes”.

The woman claimed Nelson groped her after they had been making small talk for a few minutes. The complainant said: “All of a sudden this hand came down between my legs with some force around my pubic and vaginal area.

“I was absolutely shocked and really angry and I said ‘If you do that again I will give you such a slap’.

“About 10 minutes later he did exactly the same thing again.”

The court was shown a clip of the bus ride during which Nelson apparently picks up the woman’s hand and either kisses it or presses it to his face.

Counsel for Nelson, Emily Baxter, said: “I suggest Mr Nelson is getting jokey and silly and some of that is physical horseplay.”

Neither of the complainant’s two companions had noticed the alleged assault, the court heard.

The complainant denied only reporting the incident to the police after googling Nelson and his former career.

Trench coat for wánking/flashing. Shiny shoes for looking up ladies' skirts. Classic 70s/80s pervery imo.

Burney
10-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Oh there's nothing wrong with the Uncle Gus, b. It allows a chap to return home from an evening repast without peering nervously into the rear view mirror. (I can speak with confidence only of the 51)

Yes, but you are a mere member of the public - a small part of hoi polloi. He is an Arsenal hero and thus not as other men.

Sir C
10-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Yes, but you are a mere member of the public - a small part of hoi polloi. He is an Arsenal hero and thus not as other men.

We have evidence that Her Majesty's Royal Traffic Constabulary takes a dim view of gentlemen driving motor vehicles whilst in a refreshed condition, Arsenal legend or no. For clarification drop a line to Mr T Adams, HMP Slade.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 03:01 PM
The only thing he flashed on this occasion was his bus-pass

Viva Prat Vegas
10-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Ray Parlour knows the way to avoid D&D
There's a social media video of him standing up fast asleep on the tube
The 'tiredness' can be put down to breakfast with Brazil

Sir C
10-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Ray Parlour knows the way to avoid D&D
There's a social media video of him standing up fast asleep on the tube
The 'tiredness' can be put down to breakfast with Brazil

Christ, I saw a snippet of him and Brazil being 'amusing' whilst out drinking together. It was pretty sad, really. Brazil is just a desperate old drunk.