Extrapolated over 38 games we would finish on 56 points
In previous seasons this would’ve been good enough for:

2018-19: 8th
2017-18: 7th
2016-17: 8th
2015-16: 9th
2014-15 : tied with Swansea for 8th.

He’s got to turn this around :clap:

He could start by playing our best full backs and our best playmaker...

Pokster
10-23-2019, 09:16 AM
He could start by playing our best full backs and our best playmaker...

HB I can understand the softly softly approach, Tierney has looked excellent when he has played and it will seem very odd if he ends up playing most of tomorrow evenings game and then gets left out for Sunday

Sir C
10-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Arsene’s last 47 games vs Unai’s first 47

Wins 26 vs 25
Goals 90 vs 86
Conceded 59 vs 63
Clean Sheets 17 vs 10

——

Since April in the League
Played 17
Win 7
Drew 4
Lost 6
25 out of 51 points

Extrapolated over 38 games we would finish on 56 points
In previous seasons this would’ve been good enough for:

2018-19: 8th
2017-18: 7th
2016-17: 8th
2015-16: 9th
2014-15 : tied with Swansea for 8th.

He’s got to turn this around :clap:

It's not even the stats that are the main issue, imo. It's the utter lack of direction, soul or personality in the team.

This looks like a collection of 11 players wandering aimlessly around the pitch hoping something happens.

PSRB
10-23-2019, 10:07 AM
It's not even the stats that are the main issue, imo. It's the utter lack of direction, soul or personality in the team.

This looks like a collection of 11 players wandering aimlessly around the pitch hoping something happens.

:nod: We're relying on certain players to consistently bail us out, rather than playing as a team

Tony C
10-23-2019, 11:17 AM
There’s something here but he’s just not unlocking it...

A good start would be to stop this playing out the back none sense...Martinez has been refreshing with his old skool Seaman / Schmicheal approach of quickly throwing the ball away.

The youth have complicated whatever ideas / designs / plans he’s had for the midfield too...needs to sort this out. What I mean is - I’m pretty sure Saka wasn’t the first choice for his midfield when the season started...that sort of thing.

By the way...what’s going with Torreira? People going on and on about Ozil but this guy has done f all this season too.

And then there’s the strikers...are we playing both Laca and Aboomerang

Kind of want to see him figure it all out but the results ain’t helping...

IUFG
10-23-2019, 11:38 AM
There’s something here but he’s just not unlocking it...

A good start would be to stop this playing out the back none sense...Martinez has been refreshing with his old skool Seaman / Schmicheal approach of quickly throwing the ball away.

Interesting point. In the EL games, we do seem to have some sense of urgency and pace about our attacking.

In the PL it is turgid, sedate, benign shíte.

PSRB
10-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Interesting point. In the EL games, we do seem to have some sense of urgency and pace about our attacking.

In the PL it is turgid, sedate, benign shíte.

I think we have a totally different attitude between the competitions. We expect to win in EL and play accordingly, whereas in PL we don't seem convinced that we are actually loads better than most of the opposition (on paper)

WES
10-23-2019, 12:03 PM
I think we have a totally different attitude between the competitions. We expect to win in EL and play accordingly, whereas in PL we don't seem convinced that we are actually loads better than most of the opposition (on paper)

Yes, I agree, however there was a point when he was playing as though we could beat most anyone in the PL. That seemed to change around the time Hector and Holding (and then Monreal I think) went down and we started leaking goals everywhere.

Either way, he has to change it around and you would have thought that those two being back and the arrival of the wee Jockie chap would be the time to do it.

John Bunnell
10-23-2019, 06:29 PM
Yes, I agree, however there was a point when he was playing as though we could beat most anyone in the PL. That seemed to change around the time Hector and Holding (and then Monreal I think) went down and we started leaking goals everywhere.

Either way, he has to change it around and you would have thought that those two being back and the arrival of the wee Jockie chap would be the time to do it.

FFS LET THAT RUN GO! It means sh*t all.

WES
10-24-2019, 08:32 AM
FFS LET THAT RUN GO! It means sh*t all.

No, it doesn't mean sh*t all, John. It doesn't mean sh*t all because it actually happened. This is not an opinion, this is fact, and facts are important.

When taking a view on something one should consider all facts, not just those that happen to confirm the view that you wish to hold. Only an intellectual halfwit would do that.

You aren't an intellectual halfwit, are you John? :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-24-2019, 09:25 AM
No, it doesn't mean sh*t all, John. It doesn't mean sh*t all because it actually happened. This is not an opinion, this is fact, and facts are important.

When taking a view on something one should consider all facts, not just those that happen to confirm the view that you wish to hold. Only an intellectual halfwit would do that.

You aren't an intellectual halfwit, are you John? :-(

. . . . . . .

Ash
10-24-2019, 10:30 AM

Results are facts. Performances are opinions.

IUFG
10-24-2019, 10:35 AM

Indeed.

Who wasn't happy with our results under George Graham when we used to bore teams to bits?

Despite having Limpar, Rocky, Merse, etc

Sir C
10-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Indeed.

Who wasn't happy with our results under George Graham when we used to bore teams to bits?

Despite having Limpar, Rocky, Merse, etc

Me. I was disgusted. Indeed, I stopped watching football entirely.

I was brought back to the game one Sunday afternoon at Manchester airport, when I happened upon a TV showing the Utd game. The sight of Giggs flying up one wing and Kanchelskis flying up the other reminded me that football could life the soul.

So George Graham caused me to be indebted to Sir Alex Ferguson. :-(

WES
10-24-2019, 11:55 AM

Um yes, and I referred to results not performances. :rolleyes: