PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ramsey watch - look away Ganpati

WES
10-23-2019, 08:45 AM
He's played four games for Juve so far and scored one goal, on a deflection.

Last three games:
Inter Milan - on the bench, did not play
Bologna - not in the squad
Lokomotiv - not in the squad

400k a week :hehe:

IUFG
10-23-2019, 08:47 AM

Last three games:

See also:- Mesut Özil

Tony C
10-23-2019, 08:47 AM
and they have 12 substitutes in Serie A :clap:

WES
10-23-2019, 08:53 AM
See also:- Mesut Özil

Whilst the jury is very much out on our new manager, it really does feel like we are moving in the right direction on the player acquisition front. Getting rid of Ramsey and that potential salary was clearly the right move and while I would like to see Ozil in the team, the message that under-performing, overpaid players aren't acceptable is the right one.

And Tierney, Pepe have a lot of promise - just read a glowing review of Saliba as well.

Pokster
10-23-2019, 08:59 AM

Last three games:

:hehe: and we signed a £25m left back who has played 0 league games yet...strange how that works when you sign a player who is injured :rolleyes:

IUFG
10-23-2019, 09:00 AM
Whilst the jury is very much out on our new manager, it really does feel like we are moving in the right direction on the player acquisition front.

listened to a podcast the other day. In Spain Emery was known as "The Coward" due to his defensive approach to games and apprently the PSG lot revolted against this approach. More suited to an "underdog team" apparently.

past performance predicts future performance. and all that.

He'll be gone come the summer.

Pokster
10-23-2019, 09:02 AM
listened to a podcast the other day. In Spain Emery was known as "The Coward" due to his defensive approach to games and apprently the PSG lot revolted against this approach. More suited to an "underdog team" apparently.

I agree, he was the right appointment for where the team were at in 2017, the next manager will take over a far better squad than he did

WES
10-23-2019, 09:14 AM

Yet when he arrived he was pitched as supporting a high press and fast counter attacking football as I recall. And we seemed to play that way for quite some time, especially during his good run at the start of the season.

Now we press very sporadically and rarely away from home. Strange, but as you say, if it doesn't improve he won't be here next year.

But managers are all a bit meh nowadays, I think. Getting one in that lasts 20 years just doesn't happen anymore. It's all about continuity at the top and we seem to be well placed with the new regime.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-23-2019, 11:16 AM

Last three games:

Great news. Perhaps we can tempt them with a swap for Xhaka?

Tbf, Ian Rush failed in Italy and was still a top player. All you've done, Wes, is proved he's a Welsher.

Pokster
10-23-2019, 11:35 AM

Tbf, Ian Rush failed in Italy and was still a top player. All you've done, Wes, is proved he's a Welsher.

Hardly surprising he hasn't been in the squad seeing as he couldn't play for Wales during the International break as he was injured

WES
10-23-2019, 11:59 AM

Fair point, G, however I would point out that there is simply no excuse for being Welsh :shrug:

Pokster
10-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Fair point, G, however I would point out that there is simply no excuse for being Welsh :shrug:

:hehe: Says a CANADIAN

10-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Hardly surprising he hasn't been in the squad seeing as he couldn't play for Wales during the International break as he was injured

Which one? Rush or Rambo. If the latter, WES's stats about Rambo not playig are meaningless.

10-23-2019, 01:58 PM

Agreed. Look at that chimp the Sperz had a few years back. And that cünt Giggs.

Still, as there's a decent chance that after this weekend they'll be in a RWC final and we won't, I'd better not get too jinxy.

WES
10-23-2019, 02:02 PM
Which one? Rush or Rambo. If the latter, WES's stats about Rambo not playig are meaningless.

No they aren't, because the fact that he had so many injury problems was one of the reasons not to pay him the salary he wanted.

He was also on the bench for the first game then not in the squad so if he was injured it was during training. Again.

Bottom line is he is off to a terrible start there.

barrybueno
10-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Agreed. Look at that chimp the Sperz had a few years back. And that cünt Giggs.

Still, as there's a decent chance that after this weekend they'll be in a RWC final and we won't, I'd better not get too jinxy.

Imagine the unlikely scenario where we meet Wales in the final and lose? :shudder:

I couldn't handle that which is why a little bit of me will be cheering on the AB :hide:

10-23-2019, 03:37 PM
No they aren't, because the fact that he had so many injury problems was one of the reasons not to pay him the salary he wanted.

He was also on the bench for the first game then not in the squad so if he was injured it was during training. Again.

Bottom line is he is off to a terrible start there.

Oh, I don't care about injuries and wages and things like that.

He scored us the winner in two cup finals.

We always wanted a goal-scoring box-to-box MF like Gerrad and Lampard, and given he didn't take pens, at his best he was close.

He scored some really sexy goals - in the Jack vs Norwich game, the kung-fu kick against the ruskies, the left foot 30 yard half volley from the wing, the back heels.

I can guarantee you that Xhaka, Gwendo, Torreira, Willock and Ceballos combined won't score one uber-sexy goal this season.

Our MF is shîte. Welshers can't play in Italy. This is another Alexis-Mhikki - terrible for both parties.