PDA

View Full Version : Evra

IUFG
10-22-2019, 07:42 AM
was spot on...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11841677/patrice-evra-labels-arsenal-weak-and-babies-following-sheffield-united-defeat

Summed up the last few Wenger years and Unai's time perfectly - "my babies" :hehe:

WES
10-22-2019, 08:54 AM
was spot on...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11841677/patrice-evra-labels-arsenal-weak-and-babies-following-sheffield-united-defeat

Summed up the last few Wenger years and Unai's time perfectly - "my babies" :hehe:

Hmmm - I'm always dubious about these claims that we or other teams lack leadership or are not mentally strong enough etc etc

That certainly wasn't the case when we were winning trophies under Wenger with Vieira, Henry, Bobby, Campbell, Gilberto etc etc. I think what he really means is that we weren't good enough anymore. If your players are good enough you'll win games and be given credit for leadership, fight, mental strength etc etc etc

Wenger didn't magically lose the ability to develop these traits in his players or to pick those that had them and not pick those that did not. He lost the ability to find players who were good enough.

IUFG
10-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Hmmm - I'm always dubious about these claims that we or other teams lack leadership or are not mentally strong enough etc etc

That certainly wasn't the case when we were winning trophies under Wenger with Vieira, Henry, Bobby, Campbell, Gilberto etc etc. I think what he really means is that we weren't good enough anymore. If your players are good enough you'll win games and be given credit for leadership, fight, mental strength etc etc etc

Wenger didn't magically lose the ability to develop these traits in his players or to pick those that had them and not pick those that did not. He lost the ability to find players who were good enough.

Certainly during the Cesc and Van Persie years we lacked a backbone. How many times did we truly believe we'd go away to a top team and beat them?

WES
10-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Certainly during the Cesc and Van Persie years we lacked a backbone. How many times did we truly believe we'd go away to a top team and beat them?

With Almunia in goal, no defensive midfielder worth his weight in salt and an awful back four?

Yeah that could be seen as a lack of a backbone, I suppose.

IUFG
10-22-2019, 09:03 AM
With Almunia in goal, no defensive midfielder worth his weight in salt and an awful back four?

Yeah that could be seen as a lack of a backbone, I suppose.

You could have stopped at the Almunia bit, tbh W

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-22-2019, 09:03 AM
What's he on about? We got Xhaka...........

IUFG
10-22-2019, 09:09 AM
What's he on about? We got Xhaka...........

I'm beginning to believe that Xhaka is a large part of the problem.

Tony C
10-22-2019, 09:13 AM
He would not have called any of previous teams that.

I suspect if he did he would’ve left the pitch kicked to pieces.

-

The guy is basically one of these two faced SJW retards.

One hand - he plays the mighty whitey I’m Mr Manchester United role and Carragher must apologise to him on behalf of Liverpool...on the other hand no issue whatsoever about disrespecting fellow professionals.

He’s fked in the head...he’s playing so many angles he’s nuts.

Really disappointed with Carragher.

Suarez did something wrong and he was punished. But that punishment shouldn’t extend to everyone else.

What Liverpool did with the shirts is basically the same as sticking by someone whose doing time ie writing them letters, visits, sending them money etc etc

Should never have apologised.

Tony C
10-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Also...he should p iss off back to Burger King

barrybueno
10-22-2019, 09:48 AM
Also...he should p iss off back to Burger King

:clap: 'tis a classic

barrybueno
10-22-2019, 09:49 AM
You could have stopped at the Almunia bit, tbh W

This is true, Christ I hated that **** but then again if Wenger asks you to play for Arsenal you're not gonna say no I suppose

WES
10-22-2019, 09:51 AM

Yup :nod:

Although it should be pointed out that both Wenger and Emery do not see it that way. Boggles the mind, IUFG.

Last night was always going to be very difficult, they really are quite good and very, very good defensively. 7 goals conceded in 9 games now? And both Willock and Saka looked young and somewhat lightweight last night. Pepe is still finding his way. Xhaka is sloooooow. When four of your six midfielders/strikers aren't that good than neither are you :shrug:

IUFG
10-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Yup :nod:

Although it should be pointed out that both Wenger and Emery do not see it that way. Boggles the mind, IUFG.

Last night was always going to be very difficult, they really are quite good and very, very good defensively. 7 goals conceded in 9 games now? And both Willock and Saka looked young and somewhat lightweight last night. Pepe is still finding his way. Xhaka is sloooooow. When four of your six midfielders/strikers aren't that good than neither are you :shrug:

To give Xhaka some credit. He was the only player near their two when one scuffed it in from 3 yards out and he had the only shot on target in the first half. 2 minutes into added time!

Other than that, I'll say he has a decent range of passing, usually sideways, but he cannot tackle, always gives away needless freekicks (the new Billong Song?) and, crucially, he slows our attacking progress to a a near halt.

Picking kids like Saka and Willock against a big, defensive minded team ahead of the likes of Ozil and Ceballos was a mistake. Thing is, Emery keeps repeating it.

Pokster
10-22-2019, 10:41 AM
To give Xhaka some credit. He was the only player near their two when one scuffed it in from 3 yards out and he had the only shot on target in the first half. 2 minutes into added time!

Other than that, I'll say he has a decent range of passing, usually sideways, but he cannot tackle, always gives away needless freekicks (the new Billong Song?) and, crucially, he slows our attacking progress to a a near halt.

Picking kids like Saka and Willock against a big, defensive minded team ahead of the likes of Ozil and Ceballos was a mistake. Thing is, Emery keeps repeating it.

Then we will go and batter the team on thursday by playing 3 defenders that should be starting , and every chance we play a better midfield combination as well

Pat Vegas
10-22-2019, 11:29 AM

Unfortunatley Emery made a big error making him captain.

he's gonna play him every game.

I get the feeling some of these players think they have 'made it' as they play for Arsenal.