Title race if we win tonight.

:hide:

Nope.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Sir C
10-21-2019, 12:46 PM

I don't know about controversial, but it's certainly an intersting question.

The answer, of course, is 'absolutely not', but what is remarkable is that the question isn't statistically ridiculous. Given how deeply mediocre we are, and how Liverpool are apparently the best team, like, evs, it's amazing that we're only a few points behind them.

Pokster
10-21-2019, 12:51 PM

Well at the moment it is a 1 horse race...if we win we are 7 points behind the leaders, if we lose we are 7 points off relegation

PSRB
10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
I don't know about controversial, but it's certainly an intersting question.

The answer, of course, is 'absolutely not', but what is remarkable is that the question isn't statistically ridiculous. Given how deeply mediocre we are, and how Liverpool are apparently the best team, like, evs, it's amazing that we're only a few points behind them.

I am enjoying the scum's utter collapse, something has definitely gone on there

Sir C
10-21-2019, 12:59 PM
I am enjoying the scum's utter collapse, something has definitely gone on there

They're only 3 points behind us though. :-(

Pat Vegas
10-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Nope.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

I read the last time Liverpool had this exact record and drew on the 20th of October we won the league. 1991

I haven't fact checked this. but it's on.

Get your dancing shoes ready for May.

PSRB
10-21-2019, 01:01 PM

Yes, we're very average though and this is still supposedly the bestest scum team ever

Pat Vegas
10-21-2019, 01:02 PM

Chelsea are quietly getting results too

PSRB
10-21-2019, 01:03 PM
Chelsea are quietly getting results too

Newcastle were very unlucky to not get at least a point and they're not really very good.

I'm more concerned about Leicester

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-21-2019, 01:04 PM
I read the last time Liverpool had this exact record and drew on the 20th of October we won the league. 1991

I haven't fact checked this. but it's on.

Get your dancing shoes ready for May.

Hmm .. I'm withholding my gambling pocket money until I see what WES and Monty have to say. Our other clairvoyant, Berni, appears to have deserted us :-(

Sir C
10-21-2019, 01:08 PM
Yes, we're very average though and this is still supposedly the bestest scum team ever

Fair one p, fair one.

WES
10-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Hmm .. I'm withholding my gambling pocket money until I see what WES and Monty have to say. Our other clairvoyant, Berni, appears to have deserted us :-(

No, Liverpool are too good, too far ahead and we have yet to see the consistency of performance we need to think we might be in with a chance.

Having said that, if we win tonight we are in 3rd place, one point behind City and six points ahead of the scum.

Yet, despite this, and despite the fact that our manager is a mere one season and 10 games into his tenure, some of the cretinous filth that claim to support our great club want him sacked.

You couldn't make it up, Herbie.

Pat Vegas
10-21-2019, 01:17 PM
No, Liverpool are too good, too far ahead and we have yet to see the consistency of performance we need to think we might be in with a chance.

Having said that, if we win tonight we are in 3rd place, one point behind City and six points ahead of the scum.

Yet, despite this, and despite the fact that our manager is a mere one season and 10 games into his tenure, some of the cretinous filth that claim to support our great club want him sacked.

Normally i'd agree but I checked them stats. It's on.

oh and Toronto Maple leafs will most definitely win the Stanley cup :rolleyes:

WES
10-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Normally i'd agree but I checked them stats. It's on.

oh and Toronto Maple leafs will most definitely win the Stanley cup :rolleyes:

I just returned from TO, Pat. There is much optimism in town about the Leafs :-)

And it's only been 52 years :-(

Pokster
10-21-2019, 01:36 PM
I just returned from TO, Pat. There is much optimism in town about the Leafs :-)

And it's only been 52 years :-(

Fancy not winning the major trophy for over 50 years.... BCMA

Viva Prat Vegas
10-21-2019, 01:43 PM
'Story' in the Sun today
"ARS-KING FOR IT Arsenal won the league the last time Liverpool’s start to season mirrored this year – and fans joke it’ll happen again"

That fan presumably being Ty from AFTV

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-21-2019, 01:52 PM

WES old fellow. I really cannot sanction calling Sir C cretinous filth. He may be a barmy old Tory tosser but he is a long standing elder of this borad and I am sure that, once he regains his sense of humour and perspective, he will again be one our most amusing and engaging contributors.

Now I must insist you apologize and give a pledge that there'll no further caustic name calling from you. :nono:

Sir C
10-21-2019, 06:16 PM
WES old fellow. I really cannot sanction calling Sir C cretinous filth. He may be a barmy old Tory tosser but he is a long standing elder of this borad and I am sure that, once he regains his sense of humour and perspective, he will again be one our most amusing and engaging contributors.

Now I must insist you apologize and give a pledge that there'll no further caustic name calling from you. :nono:

The thing is, h, the issues surrounding this freak really aren’t funny. They are actually quite disturbing. If you knew the full story you’d probably advise me to involve the police or social services, but in all honesty I’ve spent a lifetime picking up oddballs because I’m a soft, gentle creature, but I’ve reached an age where I don’t have the time or patience to give to some random mental patient.

I made a stupid decision 15 years ago to offer a hand of friendship to a social inadequate and the **** has haunted me ever since.

The question is: 1. Actually psychotic? 2. Just ****ing stupid? 3. Canadian?