PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Express

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:00 PM
almost gone.

Debts of £1.12bn, which equates to £1.79m per restaurant. That's a poorly run company

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:03 PM
almost gone.

Debts of £1.12bn, which equates to £1.79m per restaurant. That's a poorly run company

I noticed yesterday that Karen Millen's gone. Austin Reed's gone. Maplins' gone. Where will it all end, I ask you? :-(

WES
10-07-2019, 01:04 PM
almost gone.

Bugger :-(

Still the best pizza in the UK for me. I really don't want to have to order Dominos :puke:

Ash
10-07-2019, 01:06 PM
I noticed yesterday that Karen Millen's gone. Austin Reed's gone. Maplins' gone. Where will it all end, I ask you? :-(

Jeff Bezos has killed the high street, in his quest to rule the world.

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Bugger :-(

Still the best pizza in the UK for me. I really don't want to have to order Dominos :puke:

Over-priced though, innit.

Went to the one on Euston Road the other week.
The missus had a chicken salad and a water, I had a diavolo(?) pizza and a bottle of Peroni. £40ish.

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:18 PM

The missus had a chicken salad and a water, I had a diavolo(?) pizza and a bottle of Peroni. £40ish.

That's the thing, why go to the restaurant for one of their pizzas, when I can pick up one in the supermarket for 1/4 the price :shrug:

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:22 PM

25 years ago Pizza Express (and Pizza Piazza) was the nearest you could find to 'real' pizza in this country. Now there are plenty of options for actual proper pizza - from the likes of Rossopomodoro to any number of independents with wood-fired ovens and a burning passion for 00 flour. So scumbag council tenants will continue to favour Pizza Hut and Dominos and those with an IQ bigger than their shoe size will seek out a propoer pizza, sp Pizza Express don't have a market any more :-(

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:23 PM
That's the thing, why go to the restaurant for one of their pizzas, when I can pick up one in the supermarket for 1/4 the price :shrug:

Does your new kitchen include a wood-fired oven which can cook your pizza at 400 degrees, p?

That's why you need to go to the restaurant tbh.

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:24 PM

:nod: I'm not having it that the restaurant pizzas are prepared on site

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Of course you will eventually learn to cook your own pizza at 400 degrees on your Kamado Joe :cloud9:

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:25 PM
25 years ago Pizza Express (and Pizza Piazza) was the nearest you could find to 'real' pizza in this country. Now there are plenty of options for actual proper pizza - from the likes of Rossopomodoro to any number of independents with wood-fired ovens and a burning passion for 00 flour. So scumbag council tenants will continue to favour Pizza Hut and Dominos and those with an IQ bigger than their shoe size will seek out a propoer pizza, sp Pizza Express don't have a market any more :-(

Have you tried Dominos Cheeseburger pizza?

Strangely ok, as it happens

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:26 PM

He's different to the electric car bloke, isn't he? They're all fúcking weirdos if you ask me.

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Have you tried Dominos Cheeseburger pizza?

Strangely ok, as it happens

Hmm, it sounds OK - but would it kill them to throw a little doner meat on that bad boy?

WES
10-07-2019, 01:28 PM
:nod: I'm not having it that the restaurant pizzas are prepared on site

They are at Pizza Express - you can watch them do it :shrug:

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Hmm, it sounds OK - but would it kill them to throw a little doner meat on that bad boy?

The kebab pizza?

That is the domain of the housing estate takeaways innit :cloud9:

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
They are at Pizza Express - you can watch them do it :shrug:

The bases?

And who the fúck goes into a PE and watches the [ahem] chefs?

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Does your new kitchen include a wood-fired oven which can cook your pizza at 400 degrees, p?

That's why you need to go to the restaurant tbh.

No, my Kamado Joe can though.....

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:30 PM

you can then use your pizza wheel on your walnut worktop

Sir C
10-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Do you have the pizza stone?

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:32 PM
He's different to the electric car bloke, isn't he? They're all fúcking weirdos if you ask me.

Elon Musk, at least he's funding space exploration, as is Bezos.....but yes, they're weirdos

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Do you have the pizza stone?

Yes I do :-)

PSRB
10-07-2019, 01:34 PM
you can then use your pizza wheel on your walnut worktop

It's being sanded and oiled as I type. Fingers crossed that should make it slightly more usable!

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
It's being sanded and oiled as I type. Fingers crossed that should make it slightly more usable!

Good luck with it, p :thumbup:

I'd have been furious too.

WES
10-07-2019, 01:46 PM
The bases?

And who the fúck goes into a PE and watches the [ahem] chefs?

Yes, you can see them taking the dough and stretching it out in the thingy they cook it in. Always possible the dough was not made onsite.

And if a chap is picking up his takeaway pizzas there isn’t much else to do but watch them make them :shrug:

Sir C
10-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Yes I do :-)

I've put mine to bed for the winter. :-( All disassembled and stored indoors.

PSRB
10-07-2019, 02:16 PM
I've put mine to bed for the winter. :-( All disassembled and stored indoors.

Sod that, it's all covered up. We are going to build a storage pagoda for it next year though

Pat Vegas
10-07-2019, 02:45 PM
almost gone.

crap pizza too

Tony C
10-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Serves them right... I get mine from a little neighbour joint called Do Me Noes

https://youtu.be/CLYtpQqHTPE

AFC East
10-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Amazon pizza delivery? Does it come in packaging as big as a telephone box?

High rent and rates is doing more to kill the (food) high street than young Jeff.

Ash
10-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Amazon pizza delivery? Does it come in packaging as big as a telephone box?

High rent and rates is doing more to kill the (food) high street than young Jeff.

I wasn't referring to the food high street. I just wanted to take a pop at the plutocratic, CIA-affiliated pr1ck.

AFC East
10-09-2019, 01:26 PM
I wasn't referring to the food high street. I just wanted to take a pop at the plutocratic, CIA-affiliated pr1ck.

Fair enough :-)