PDA

View Full Version : What's your eco-friendly/save the planet pet peeve, AWIMB?

WES
10-07-2019, 12:03 PM
I hate those wooden forks/spoons you get when you buy your lunch or dinner at a takeaway place.

Plastic spoons and forks have the right shape and pleasingly slip out of your mouth as you eat. Woodens wons are too flat a shape and stick to your tongue and lips a bit. It's like licking paper towel.

Yuk :-(

PSRB
10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
I hate those wooden forks/spoons you get when you buy your lunch or dinner at a takeaway place.

Plastic spoons and forks have the right shape and pleasingly slip out of your mouth as you eat. Woodens wons are too flat a shape and stick to your tongue and lips a bit. It's like licking paper towel.

Paper straws, ****ing useless

IUFG
10-07-2019, 12:18 PM

those new McDonalds wons are fúcking awful

IUFG
10-07-2019, 12:29 PM

Ineffective flushes on new toilets. 3 ****ing litres of water?

Sir C
10-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Ineffective flushes on new toilets. 3 ****ing litres of water?

Do you do massive jobbies requiring a tsunami to flush them away, i?

Herb can help you out with any blockings.

WES
10-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Yes, good spot. They also possess the sticky feeling.

I am currently eating an M&S Asian noodles thingy with a wooden fork and I find myself trying to make sure only my teeth touch the f*cking thing such is its unpleasantness. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-07-2019, 12:37 PM

. . . . . . .

IUFG
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM

From lead logs to flakey floaters, sc.

the full range...

Ash
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Yes, good spot. They also possess the sticky feeling.

I am currently eating an M&S Asian noodles thingy with a wooden fork and I find myself trying to make sure only my teeth touch the f*cking thing such is its unpleasantness. :-(

Does your employer not provide real cutlery and crockery for your luncheon requirements? Or even better, sit down in a cafe with a proper knife and fork, support local independent businesses at the same time, while wasting no disposable packaging. :thumbup:

WES
10-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Does your employer not provide real cutlery and crockery for your luncheon requirements? Or even better, sit down in a cafe with a proper knife and fork, support local independent businesses at the same time, while wasting no disposable packaging. :thumbup:

This bank of mine's cafeteria is only rarely good and I hate having to sit in the allotted area, prefer eating in my office.

And I eat out once a week; Friday at 12pm at the place below. The rest of my lunches are post workout jobbies at my desk, sadly.

www.goodmanrestaurants.com/location/canary-wharf

Ash
10-07-2019, 12:51 PM
This bank of mine's cafeteria is only rarely good and I hate having to sit in the allotted area, prefer eating in my office.

And I eat out once a week; Friday at 12pm at the place below. The rest of my lunches are post workout jobbies at my desk, sadly.

www.goodmanrestaurants.com/location/canary-wharf

Do you get stuck into the 400g fillet as a reward for all that joyless grind in the jim?

WES
10-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Do you get stuck into the 400g fillet as a reward for all that joyless grind in the jim?

Nope.

400g Goodmans USDA corn fed rib-eye - medium rare. I alternate between the mushrooms and creamed spinach on the side.

Typically with 3 pints of their finest lager and then a Negroni to finish up. Although I was introduced to Caipirinhas last Friday by the Brazilian bartender who goes by the name of Romario.

Tony C
10-07-2019, 01:57 PM
What the f—k is up with those wooden quartz watches

Ghastly

Like those cr appy Vincero and MVMT way yes that plague my Facebook.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Nope.

400g Goodmans USDA corn fed rib-eye - medium rare. I alternate between the mushrooms and creamed spinach on the side.

Typically with 3 pints of their finest lager and then a Negroni to finish up. Although I was introduced to Caipirinhas last Friday by the Brazilian bartender who goes by the name of Romario.

Cor listen to you! Amazing how well companies treat their security wallahs these days w.

IUFG
10-07-2019, 01:59 PM
What the f—k is up with those wooden quartz watches

Ghastly

Like those cr appy Vincero and MVMT way yes that plague my Facebook.

This cropped up on my timeline today

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ckwu5u2uL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How?
But also . . . :hehe:

Maravilloso Marvo
10-07-2019, 02:19 PM
those new McDonalds wons are fúcking awful

Of course the "ironic" thing about that won is that the new paper straws are not recyclable and the restaurants are instructed to add them to the general waste refuse. The old plastic wons were absolutely recyclable, even if they rarely were.

Ash
10-07-2019, 02:20 PM
This cropped up on my timeline today

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ckwu5u2uL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How?
But also . . . :hehe:

Is that real?

Anyway, they'll always have the "First Billion Pound Stadium" Trophy.

IUFG
10-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Is that real?

Anyway, they'll always have the "First Billion Pound Stadium" Trophy.

oh, it's real alright.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Step-Glory-Tottenhams-Champions/dp/1785315986

I think a few Gooners may have left some reviews...

[edit]"An epic tale of the continued underachievement of one of London's smaller clubs" :hehe: