PDA

View Full Version : Poor old John Hartson was struggling with all the new names on commentary last night

Just Trent
10-04-2019, 10:15 AM
‘Reiss Willock and ‘Joe Nelson’ both got several mentions. I did have some sympathy though. Up until early last season I was still confusing the Willock brothers Chris and Joe. I had no idea there were two of them. Just thought it was Chris Willock, taking ages to make the breakthrough :hide: :hide:

Sir C
10-04-2019, 10:21 AM
‘Reiss Willock and ‘Joe Nelson’ both got several mentions. I did have some sympathy though. Up until early last season I was still confusing the Willock brothers Chris and Joe. I had no idea there were two of them. Just thought it was Chris Willock, taking ages to make the breakthrough :hide: :hide:

Poor old John Hartson kept starting sentences which meandered off into the middle distance without any semblence of a point appearing, whilst Arsenal players were taking potshots at goal and all sorts. The poor commentator fellow kept trying to butt in but John wasn't having it. :hehe:

I hope his brain cancer hasn't returned :-(

Monty92
10-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Poor old John Hartson kept starting sentences which meandered off into the middle distance without any semblence of a point appearing, whilst Arsenal players were taking potshots at goal and all sorts. The poor commentator fellow kept trying to butt in but John wasn't having it. :hehe:

Harsh. It took Hartson about 20 minutes in (perhaps between his two goals) to point out that Martinelli looked like a lot more than just a goalscorer.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
10-04-2019, 02:24 PM
At least he was somewhat positive about us, unlike Merson, who seems to be an embittered man these days.

barrybueno
10-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Let's be honest, he only got the gig because of his illness. Which is a fair compensation imo

Not sure why they employ Smudger tho:-\