PDA

View Full Version : That was a terribly disappointing chinese.

Sir C
10-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Didn't stick to my guns, see? Others wanted to order the proper stuff. 'Sea-Spiced Szechuan Pork', that sort of nonsense.

No ribs. No balls. No gloop. No party. :-(

Burney
10-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Didn't stick to my guns, see? Others wanted to order the proper stuff. 'Sea-Spiced Szechuan Pork', that sort of nonsense.

'Sea-spiced'? So...salt and MSG, then?

Sir C
10-03-2019, 08:37 AM
'Sea-spiced'? So...salt and MSG, then?

I've no idea, to be fair. By the time the food arrived I was several beers and a bottle and a half of Fleurie in. :-(

I need a pint and some food.

Burney
10-03-2019, 08:42 AM
I've no idea, to be fair. By the time the food arrived I was several beers and a bottle and a half of Fleurie in. :-(

I need a pint and some food.

Happily, I'm sure The Pied Bull will be able to answer these needs. Would sir care for the Philly Cheese Steak (I think this is a steak sandwich)? The roast beef ploughmans? Or the ham, double and and chips?

Sir C
10-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Happily, I'm sure The Pied Bull will be able to answer these needs. Would sir care for the Philly Cheese Steak (I think this is a steak sandwich)? The roast beef ploughmans? Or the ham, double and and chips?

Dear God, ham egg and chips? That might save my bacon, as it were.

A pint of Guinness is also definitely required.

Burney
10-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Dear God, ham egg and chips? That might save my bacon, as it were.

A pint of Guinness is also definitely required.

Don't choose too soon. They also offer a 'Barley risotto' with fresh thyme, kale and roasted baby carrots.

God, being a vegetarian must suck. No wonder they're all such miserable ****s. :-(

Sir C
10-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Don't choose too soon. They also offer a 'Barley risotto' with fresh thyme, kale and roasted baby carrots.

God, being a vegetarian must suck. No wonder they're all such miserable ****s. :-(

Barley is one thing - but barley risotto? How can it be risotto when it's entirely lacking in ris?

I'd eat it with a rare steak on the side, mind.

PSRB
10-03-2019, 08:53 AM

Chinese can piss off. Wife left some salt & pepper rib on the new (as yet untreated) walnut bar (which I specifically told her not to go near) and it's stained.

I blaming the Chinese otherwise I'll get a divorce!!! :furious:

Sir C
10-03-2019, 08:57 AM
Chinese can piss off. Wife left some salt & pepper rib on the new (as yet untreated) walnut bar (which I specifically told her not to go near) and it's stained.

It'll add character, p.

Burney
10-03-2019, 08:57 AM

You know you'll never be able to look at it agains without seeing the stain, don't you? It'll irk you basically until you either move or die. From now on, you'll always hate that walnut bar.

She's basically ruined your life.

PSRB
10-03-2019, 08:59 AM
You know you'll never be able to look at it agains without seeing the stain, don't you? It'll irk you basically until you either move or die. From now on, you'll always hate that walnut bar.

She's basically ruined your life.

:nod: I tried to explain exactly that, already looking at sourcing a new one........bar, not wife

Burney
10-03-2019, 09:04 AM
:nod: I tried to explain exactly that, already looking at sourcing a new one........bar, not wife

Yes. After all, you don't want to spend that much money. :nod:

In my experience, women don't understand the way these things can eat away at a chap's peace of mind and allow resentment to fester.

PSRB
10-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Yes. After all, you don't want to spend that much money. :nod:

In my experience, women don't understand the way these things can eat away at a chap's peace of mind and allow resentment to fester.

:nod: "It adds character"........no, It's a ****ing stain!!!!!

IUFG
10-03-2019, 09:16 AM
:nod: "It adds character"........no, It's a ****ing stain!!!!!

stain the whole thing in a darker tone..?

then remind her for years and years why it doesn't match the rest of the kitchen ;-)

PSRB
10-03-2019, 09:19 AM
stain the whole thing in a darker tone..?

then remind her for years and years why it doesn't match the rest of the kitchen ;-)

That's the point, it won't match the table. I'm so pissed off

Sir C
10-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Wait, what was she doing putting spare ribs on the kitchen worktop? Don't you have plates up there?

Sir C
10-03-2019, 09:20 AM

Stain the table as well then :shrug:

IUFG
10-03-2019, 09:21 AM

get her this for Christmas...

https://cdn.aws.toolstation.com/images/141020-UK/800/90645.jpg

PSRB
10-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Wait, what was she doing putting spare ribs on the kitchen worktop? Don't you have plates up there?

Oh, don't get me started!! I gave her a ****ing plate, she ignored that and "rested" it on a piece of kitchen towel, which it clearly soaked through

PSRB
10-03-2019, 09:28 AM
get her this for Christmas...

https://cdn.aws.toolstation.com/images/141020-UK/800/90645.jpg

That was my BiL's suggestion as well

Sir C
10-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Oh, don't get me started!! I gave her a ****ing plate, she ignored that and "rested" it on a piece of kitchen towel, which it clearly soaked through

You're on the verge of dishing out a few dry slaps, aren't you? :-(

PSRB
10-03-2019, 09:33 AM
You're on the verge of dishing out a few dry slaps, aren't you? :-(

I'm just venting, will be okay by lunchtime.......hopefully

WES
10-03-2019, 10:10 AM
I'm just venting, will be okay by lunchtime.......hopefully

If you did do you think it would make the papers?

‘BIL of former England player charged with...’ etc

barrybueno
10-03-2019, 12:13 PM

You gave her a ****ing plate eh :rubchin:

:music: tell me more, tell me more :music: