PDA

View Full Version : Serge, Chesney and Le Coq - who is next?

The Insider
10-02-2019, 07:25 AM
Before you know it Jenks will be partnering De Ligt at Barca or maybe Mustafi thrives as Ramos's replacement at Real.

IUFG
10-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Before you know it Jenks will be partnering De Ligt at Barca or maybe Mustafi thrives as Ramos's replacement at Real.

Serge - done well

Chesney is being kept out of teh team by a 41 year old...

Le Coq - an also ran at an also ran club

Hayden - a liability at a Newcastle

Toral - can't get in Hull City's team

WES
10-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Serge - done well

Thanks for the update but I'm afraid you have just admitted to deviancy of the highest order.

Off you go and no back chat son :redcard:

Luis Anaconda
10-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the update but I'm afraid you have just admitted to deviancy of the highest order.

Off you go and no back chat son :redcard:
Not really accurate though - Szczesny has started 6 out of Juve's 8 games this season so hardly being kept out of the team

Monty92
10-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Not really accurate though - Szczesny has started 6 out of Juve's 8 games this season so hardly being kept out of the team

It is *slightly* annoying that we sacked off a goalie now deemed good enough to play regularly for Juve.

Luis Anaconda
10-02-2019, 08:49 AM
It is *slightly* annoying that we sacked off a goalie now deemed good enough to play regularly for Juve.

and also another one frequently referred to as one of the Premier League's top keepers in Fabianski. But the fans thought they were a bit ****, m.

Monty92
10-02-2019, 08:57 AM
and also another one frequently referred to as one of the Premier League's top keepers in Fabianski. But the fans thought they were a bit ****, m.

Yes, I thought Fabianski was quite obviously an excellent goalie by the time he left us, but after that farcical incident against Porto with Sol Campbell our fans got it stuck in their heads that he was a joke.

Luis Anaconda
10-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Yes, I thought Fabianski was quite obviously an excellent goalie by the time he left us, but after that farcical incident against Porto with Sol Campbell our fans got it stuck in their heads that he was a joke.

Like Szczesny and the League Cup incident - which I had actually forgotten about until now. Thanks :(

Monty92
10-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Like Szczesny and the League Cup incident - which I had actually forgotten about until now. Thanks :(

Given that it was only the Rumbelows Cup, that defeat really f*cking hurt :-(

Van Persie's goal, though :-O

Sir C
10-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Given that it was only the Rumbelows Cup, that defeat really f*cking hurt :-(

Van Persie's goal, though :-O

How did we lose that game? HOW?

No, I mean it, how did we lose? I was chemically refreshed and have no recollection of the game at all.

IUFG
10-02-2019, 09:11 AM

hang on, hang on, hang on....

How could any of us think that those two were shít when Manuel Almunia.

John Bunnell
10-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Serge - done well

Coq played 41 games for the team that finished 4th in La Liga last season.

IUFG
10-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Coq played 41 games for the team that finished 4th in La Liga last season.

You'd have him back, eh JB?

Luis Anaconda
10-02-2019, 09:20 AM
hang on, hang on, hang on....

How could any of us think that those two were shít when Manuel Almunia.

Weird times, i, weird times

Ash
10-02-2019, 09:21 AM

Then we stood in the rain waiting for a train, and drowned our sorrows at McGlynn's, and possibly a meal at The Duke ISTR.

Ash
10-02-2019, 09:23 AM
How did we lose that game? HOW?

No, I mean it, how did we lose? I was chemically refreshed and have no recollection of the game at all.

I think we went a goal down, then equalised through RvP, were all over them and were clearly going to win in extra time when Kosh and Shez did an exploding clown car moment and gave them the winner.

I think it was all Cesc's fault, in some way.

IUFG
10-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Djourou imo. Badly misjudged a clearing header

well, him and Chesney and Kos.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Ash has summed it up perfectly
And just to rub it in, an Ex Spurs lifted the cup for them...and Birmingham ended up getting relegated :-(

Did van Persie get 'done' when scoring the equaliser or am I thinking of that late FA Cup Semi-Final goal he netted against Blackburn where he received a shoulder barge fro his troubles (which went unpunished )

Monty92
10-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Ash has summed it up perfectly
And just to rub it in, an Ex Spurs lifted the cup for them...and Birmingham ended up getting relegated :-(

Did van Persie get 'done' when scoring the equaliser or am I thinking of that late FA Cup Semi-Final goal he netted against Blackburn where he received a shoulder barge fro his troubles (which went unpunished )

He scored a beautiful whipped goal not dissimilar to Wrighty's vs Man Utd in the Charity Shield and got caught by the defender's foot. Entirely accidental.

Sir C
10-02-2019, 09:37 AM
I think we went a goal down, then equalised through RvP, were all over them and were clearly going to win in extra time when Kosh and Shez did an exploding clown car moment and gave them the winner.

ty, a. I believe that b and I cooked a rib of beef and served it rare, avec son jus, some thickly buttered sourdough, horseradish and watercress. A memorable meal.

IUFG
10-02-2019, 09:40 AM
He scored a beautiful whipped goal not dissimilar to Wrighty's vs Man Utd in the Charity Shield and got caught by the defender's foot. Entirely accidental.

lovely finish...

https://media.giphy.com/media/huzAxF2dmAplgvzj4R/giphy.gif

Viva Prat Vegas
10-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Thanks Monty92 and IUFG

Luis Anaconda
10-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Then we stood in the rain waiting for a train, and drowned our sorrows at McGlynn's, and possibly a meal at The Duke ISTR.

That rings a bell. We tied with India as well when it looked like we might win it in the cricket World Cup - christ that means it was 8 years ago

IUFG
10-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks Monty92 and IUFG

Gertcha....

https://media.giphy.com/media/SqAwpHVC8RRshZWEJ9/giphy.gif

Burney
10-02-2019, 10:01 AM
ty, a. I believe that b and I cooked a rib of beef and served it rare, avec son jus, some thickly buttered sourdough, horseradish and watercress. A memorable meal.

No, that was the evening of a crushing defeat by United in either a FA Cup semi final or some other competition.

The Birmingham Cup Final was when RTFP was over and I think we consumed a fair quantity of beak.

Sir C
10-02-2019, 10:02 AM
No, that was the evening of a crushing defeat by United in either a FA Cup semi final or some other competition.

The Birmingham Cup Final was when RTFP was over and I think we consumed a fair quantity of beak.

RTFP came over for a football match? How bizarre.

I'm seeing him tonight as it happens. Dinner at Xian. I intend to travel by means of the Uncle Gus.

Burney
10-02-2019, 10:04 AM
RTFP came over for a football match? How bizarre.

I'm seeing him tonight as it happens. Dinner at Xian. I intend to travel by means of the Uncle Gus.

Good Lord. The 51, is it? Mongol Lamb in lettuce with the brown gloop? Lovely.

Is he allowed back behind the wheel yet?

Sir C
10-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Good Lord. The 51, is it? Mongol Lamb in lettuce with the brown gloop? Lovely.

Is he allowed back behind the wheel yet?

I'll probably walk there and bus it back, to be honest.

I don't think you can call them 'mongols' any more, b. 'Differently-abled lamb', perhaps. 'Asperger's lamb', maybe.

:hehe: The driving ban was finished ages ago. Must be a couple of years. Time flies. He's still wedded to the Uncle Gus, mind. He loves it. It was he who turned me on to the joys of the 51.

John Bunnell
10-03-2019, 10:17 AM
You'd have him back, eh JB?

I thought he was decent.