PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on last night......

PSRB
10-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Officials were terrible
Rashford, 2 footed tackle and out of control
Lingard should have been booked for exactly the same that Chambers got booked for
Pepe was poor
Saka and Guenduzi were both superb
Our players need lessons on how to finish crosses
Our players need lessons on taking set pieces
Xhaka did not duck

Oh and Emery still needs to go

Ash
10-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Was Jorge there?

Pokster
10-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Officials were terrible
Lingard should have been booked for exactly the same that Chambers got booked for
Pepe was poor
Xhaka did not duck

On the set peices, Xhaaka has always taken decent free kicks from out wide, can stick them in with pace, so why he didn't take the free kick at the end was beyond me

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2019, 02:01 PM
On the set peices, Xhaaka has always taken decent free kicks from out wide, can stick them in with pace, so why he didn't take the free kick at the end was beyond me

AAAAGH - I was screaming this at the telly last night (I may have had a few). I'm not against the short corner routine but not ever ****ing time

Pokster
10-01-2019, 02:22 PM
AAAAGH - I was screaming this at the telly last night (I may have had a few). I'm not against the short corner routine but not ever ****ing time

Perhaps that was the plan as we gave them their goal after a corner that actually beat the first man

Viva Prat Vegas
10-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Was that the comedy free kick which floated out of harms way to the befuddlement of men, women and gender-confuseds alike?

John Bunnell
10-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Pepe really is a turd. It's amazing how so many of us on Awimb singles him out as a new Gervinho before he kicked a ball for us.

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Was that the comedy free kick which floated out of harms way to the befuddlement of men, women and gender-confuseds alike?

More the corners after Ceballos came on - might have been one before - but as P says at least we didn't conceded goals from them

eastgermanautos
10-01-2019, 02:52 PM
I agree with all this except the need to get rid of Emery. My God man, get a grip!

IUFG
10-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Officials were terrible
Pepe was poor
Xhaka did not duck

agree with most of that bar the Xhaka thing.
If I was Leno (who was also excellent) I'd be fúcking furious with Xhaka.

PSRB
10-01-2019, 03:02 PM
agree with most of that bar the Xhaka thing.
If I was Leno (who was also excellent) I'd be fúcking furious with Xhaka.

No deflection and it hits him, as sc says, you instinctively turn away. Slo-mo also makes it look far worse

IUFG
10-01-2019, 03:11 PM
No deflection and it hits him, as sc says, you instinctively turn away. Slo-mo also makes it look far worse

and tbh both Xhaka and Torreira should have been moving towards the ball for the block, the lad took a (relative) age to take a touch before the shot. At least Sokratis didn't stand still.

All round, píss poor defending.

Tony C
10-01-2019, 03:19 PM
maybe Cricket Australia will take him...can coach the Aussies on how to avoid Archer’s deliveries imo

-

You got to admit...it’s not a good look. One week saying we’re scared, next week getting mugged off by Grealish and now Quackgate.

It’s NEVER his fault.

Burney
10-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Pepe really is a turd. It's amazing how so many of us on Awimb singles him out as a new Gervinho before he kicked a ball for us.

He even looked shít on YouTube. :-(

Burney
10-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Brian Close wouldn't have turned away. Mind you, I'm not sure what he'd have been doing playing for the Arsenal, but still.

Monty92
10-01-2019, 03:49 PM

There's an Awimb Singles board? :-O

Link? :hide: