PDA

View Full Version : Emery out!

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Shsgshdhdhhd

Sir C
10-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Shsgshdhdhhd

I was happy to reserve judgment until he’d had a full season to show us his philosophy. I was happy to give him a couple of seasons without worrying overly about results, so long as we could see what he is trying to achieve.

The answer appears to be that he has no philosophy or vision beyond ‘don’t under any circumstances play a midfield with any creativity’.

In short, it is with some regret that I must join the vulgar hordes on the bandwagon and declare myself and Emeryouter. :-(

I hate him for doing this to me.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2019, 07:38 AM
I was happy to reserve judgment until he’d had a full season to show us his philosophy. I was happy to give him a couple of seasons without worrying overly about results, so long as we could see what he is trying to achieve.

The answer appears to be that he has no philosophy or vision beyond ‘don’t under any circumstances play a midfield with any creativity’.

In short, it is with some regret that I must join the vulgar hordes on the bandwagon and declare myself and Emeryouter. :-(

Playing Torreira as a no.8/10 is the final straw. Get this **** out of my club.

Sir C
10-01-2019, 07:41 AM

If only we had a talented 10 in the squad...

WES
10-01-2019, 07:42 AM

So you want to sack the manager because he played a midfielder in a position you don't think he is most suited to?

Yup, can't argue with that logic. :nod:

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2019, 07:47 AM
So you want to sack the manager because he played a midfielder in a position you don't think he is most suited to?

No I said that was the final straw. There’s a number of reasons he should be sacked. His choice of captain being one. His inability to find a settled and balanced midfield. A lack of any kind of philosophy in our approach. A defense as bad (if not worse) than the one Wenger left him with. His negative approach in general.

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:06 AM

we set up wrong from the kick off. We are not in the position to allow the opposition to attack and shut up shop. we'll always conceed. and at the same time no service for our attack.

That being said looking back if we had taken our chances we should have had 4 goals. but we never seem to. The only one who can take their chances is Auba,

Pepe is unfortuantley proving to be rather useless

7sisters
10-01-2019, 08:10 AM
No I said that was the final straw. There’s a number of reasons he should be sacked. His choice of captain being one. His inability to find a settled and balanced midfield. A lack of any kind of philosophy in our approach. A defense as bad (if not worse) than the one Wenger left him with. His negative approach in general.

Fair points bgm. I’ve seen more direction and control from a Leicester chairman’s helicopter than being shown by Emery over the past few months.
I’m as relieved as many to see the back of Wenger but there are so many of those hangover issues unaddressed.

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:11 AM

Pfffft. Reserving judgment is for homos and commies.

barrybueno
10-01-2019, 08:13 AM

How about an Olé Emery swap :rubchin:

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:21 AM

tbf, you and Berni were Outers before he'd even arrived at the club.

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:23 AM
I’ve seen more direction and control from a Leicester chairman’s helicopter

:hehe: that made me laugh.

for shame...

:hehe:

Pokster
10-01-2019, 08:23 AM
we set up wrong from the kick off. We are not in the position to allow the opposition to attack and shut up shop. we'll always conceed. and at the same time no service for our attack.

That being said looking back if we had taken our chances we should have had 4 goals. but we never seem to. The only one who can take their chances is Auba,

Pepe is unfortuantley proving to be rather useless

I just don't get the Pepe criticism, he's played less than 7 games for us and yet people are on his back from about 3 games in. Using that great logic, Pires was ****e and Henry couldn't hit a cows arse

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:24 AM

I was. Sir C wasn't. He was doing his oh-so-reasonable 'give him time' bit.

Look where that's got us. :-(

Pokster
10-01-2019, 08:25 AM
I was. Sir C wasn't. He was doing his oh-so-reasonable 'give him time' bit.

Look where that's got us. :-(

4th imho....

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:25 AM
I just don't get the Pepe criticism, he's played less than 7 games for us and yet people are on his back from about 3 games in. Using that great logic, Pires was ****e and Henry couldn't hit a cows arse

Pires and Henry didn't look like they were blind and had legs like broken candles.

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:26 AM

No-one's expecting him to be scoring and making hatfuls of goals. It's more the way he's displayed absolutely nothing that suggests he might even be better than bang average that's the worry.

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:27 AM
4th imho....

It's the 1st of October.

WES
10-01-2019, 08:27 AM

He had a clear philosophy when he arrived, we were going to play a high line and press to get the ball back as quickly as possible. And as I recall it resulted in a 20 some game undefeated run, not sure I remember very many people calling for his head then and all of the Unai haters were strangely quiet. You couldn't find AFC East for the life of you back then. :hehe:

I'm guessing that the back four injuries put that to rest and he tried 3 at the back etc etc and it all went a bit wrong after that. He still doesn't have his first choice back four (I would argue he has only one of them) and he's trying to play younger players as the dross he was left by Wenger simply isn't good enough and as a result there are going to be issues with continuity, team selection etc as he tries to get it right.

But the main point is that I don't want to be Chelsea, we should be bigger than a club that chops and changes every time it starts to go wrong. All Arsenal managers deserve 2-3 years at least to prove themselves and then if it doesn't work we move on. I strongly expect that people like AFC East were calling for Wenger's head in 2001 and lambasted him for fielding a team without any English players because it went against the traditions blah, blah, blah.

Ferguson was almost sacked early on at Man Utd, Wenger received no shortage of criticism in 2000/2001 - and as I said, let's remember we improved marginally last year and are currently fourth, ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:28 AM
No-one's expecting him to be scoring and making hatfuls of goals. It's more the way he's displayed absolutely nothing that suggests he might even be better than bang average that's the worry.

he belted a lovely pelanty straight down the middle versus Villa :shrug:

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:30 AM
How about an Olé Emery swap :rubchin:

It's sad that last time we beat them in the league there Ole was playing for United :-(

WES
10-01-2019, 08:31 AM
he belted a lovely pelanty straight down the middle versus Villa :shrug:

And was the best player on the pitch first half at Liverpool. And his record at Lille was quite exceptional.

Still, let's hate him and give up on him after 6 matches. :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:33 AM
And was the best player on the pitch first half at Liverpool. And his record at Lille was quite exceptional.

he's gonna be the new Ozil as in half the fans won't critise him ever as we don't appreciate his footballing genius.

Also this Ozil situation is a farce.

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:33 AM

I think he shows glimpses, tbf to him. He looked decent against Liverpool and van Dick looked scared of him. We haven't seen it since.

We are in a world of instant gratification, w. If the delivery of the goods ain't right now ... on the scrapheap

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:35 AM
I think he shows glimpses, tbf to him. He looked decent against Liverpool and van Dick looked scared of him. We haven't seen it since.

We are in a world of instant gratification, w. If the delivery of the goods ain't right now ... on the scrapheap

it doesn't take long for them to figure him out.
he was new and had a reputaiton so people are scared of him. Now not so much. In fact this is a bigger issue. Teams used to be scared to play us. Now they are not and will really go for it.

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Teams used to be scared to play us. Now they are not and will really go for it.

same applies to Manchester United and Chelsea tbf

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:37 AM
same applies to Manchester United and Chelsea tbf

Yeah but we shouldn't worry about them.
Thank god they are all pretty **** too.

Nobody scared of them but us :hehe:

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:37 AM

Well a £78 million price tag will tend to do that. How long do you think it reasonable to wait when you pay that kind of money?

Sir C
10-01-2019, 08:38 AM

I most certainly was not.

I am a reasoned, reasoning adult human being.

I have completed my reasoning.

Pat Vegas
10-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Well a £78 million price tag will tend to do that. How long do you think it reasonable to wait when you pay that kind of money?

It's in installments so we can increase our impatientness incrementally

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:40 AM
I most certainly was not.

I am a reasoned, reasoning adult human being.

I have completed my reasoning.

I'm not sure I appreciate the implication of your post :rubchin:

Just Trent
10-01-2019, 08:40 AM

Every time I watch Arsenal, i’m left wondering what his actual style/vision actually is. The players seem unconvinced as well. It’s as if Emery is forever managing his first game at a new club. All rather odd.

I do like that he’s giving some of the youngsters a genuine opportunity though. Not just the odd league cup game and then put them back in the cupboard for a year. Saka, Willock and co are getting starts in the prem. On the evidence so far, both look a fair bit better than Pepe.

Sir C
10-01-2019, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure I appreciate the implication of your post :rubchin:

I'd say the implication is that I am unlikely instantly to jump to an extreme conclusion on the basis of little or no evidence.

What you infer from that is entirely a matter for you, of course.

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:44 AM

it is one thing I'm with Arsene on. Transfer fees are fúcking ridicules high.

Lets not forget that an £80m centre-half played Auba (eventually) onside because he was so far out of line with the rest of his defence. I don't see Maguire justifying his price tag either.

barrybueno
10-01-2019, 08:45 AM
It's sad that last time we beat them in the league there Ole was playing for United :-(

Jebus wept, by the law of averages alone that should be impossible, even Palace have done it :hehe:

IUFG
10-01-2019, 08:46 AM
Jebus wept, by the law of averages alone that should be impossible, even Palace have done it :hehe:

one whiff of Mancunian air, b, and we shít ourselves.

Burney
10-01-2019, 08:49 AM
It's in installments so we can increase our impatientness incrementally

:hehe: I like the idea of rationing my rage.

Sir C
10-01-2019, 08:51 AM
4th imho....

Wait, are you playing devil's advocate or are you really suggesting that the way we play is acceptable?

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Wait, are you playing devil's advocate or are you really suggesting that the way we play is acceptable?

They're all on the defensive about forcing poor old Arsene out.

Have you seen the rumours about United fans wanting him? :hehe: I'm sure he'd love to go to a club whose fans spent 20 years calling him a pedrophile.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 09:03 AM
It's the 1st of October.

So he took us to within 1 point of 4th last season and a European final... i would say that is better than the last 2 seasons under AW

Sir C
10-01-2019, 09:06 AM
So he took us to within 1 point of 4th last season and a European final... i would say that is better than the last 2 seasons under AW

Arsene's gone, p. Arsene's failings are irrelevant. We're discussing Emery's failings.

Do you think our football is acceptable? Put it another way: is this what you want to see from an Arsenal team?

Pokster
10-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Bit of both..... we have 2, possibly 3 of our first choice defenders not yet playing, I am happy to give him to the end of this season and see where we are.

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:09 AM

So...fifth (despite having every opportunity to secure fourth but failing due to shítness) and we got humiliated in the final of the European equivalent of the League Cup Final by the team that finished 7th.

This isn't quite the stellar record you think it is, p.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 09:14 AM
So...fifth (despite having every opportunity to secure fourth but failing due to shítness) and we got humiliated in the final of the European equivalent of the League Cup Final by the team that finished 7th.

This isn't quite the stellar record you think it is, p.

So it isn't better than AW had in the last 2 years...and since when did Chelsea finish 7th??? Or is just making things up your way or trying to prove a point???

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:21 AM
So it isn't better than AW had in the last 2 years...and since when did Chelsea finish 7th??? Or is just making things up your way or trying to prove a point???

Apologies, no. I did get the Chelsea thing wrong. However, we were humiliated by them, won nothing and finished outside the CL places. None of which is a substantive improvement on Wenger's last few seasons, when we did actually win a few FA Cups if you remember.

So yes. The last few seasons under Wenger were substantively better than the era you people have ushered in by clamouring for his departure. Own it.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Apologies, no. I did get the Chelsea thing wrong. However, we were humiliated by them, won nothing and finished outside the CL places. None of which is a substantive improvement on Wenger's last few seasons, when we did actually win a few FA Cups if you remember.

So yes. The last few seasons under Wenger were substantively better than the era you people have ushered in by clamouring for his departure. Own it.

So our league places were going backwards, we had an ageing team.... we finished higher last season, got to a major final and have got rid of a lot of the deadwood AW seemed to inflict on us. That is why I'm very happy to give him to the end of this season.

We should have our first choice defence available in a week or so, who knows where we will be then.

You wanted him out within a few weeks of him turning up

Ash
10-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Sky showed a comparison of Unai's first 44 games v Arsene's last 44. Quite similar, overall. Emery has a few more points and better record against top six but has conceded more goals. Scored about the same.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2019, 09:40 AM

the charge for his head the moment of his first mispronunciation.*

*He pronounced struggled last night as stroog-led - We struggled became "we 'ave a stroog led".

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:40 AM
So our league places were going backwards, we had an ageing team.... we finished higher last season, got to a major final and have got rid of a lot of the deadwood AW seemed to inflict on us. That is why I'm very happy to give him to the end of this season.

We should have our first choice defence available in a week or so, who knows where we will be then.

You wanted him out within a few weeks of him turning up

We appear to have replaced the 'dead wood' with worse players, though. And we look even worse this season than we did last. And our league placing only declined over two years. The season before that we finished 2nd - plus 3 FA Cups in AW's last five seasons.
Face facts: there's no way Emery will ever get us near a record as good as AW could achieve even in his latter years.

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:42 AM

*He pronounced struggled last night as stroog-led - We struggled became "we 'ave a stroog led".

He really didn't, you know? That was me, I'm happy to say.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 09:42 AM
We appear to have replaced the 'dead wood' with worse players, though. And we look even worse this season than we did last. And our league placing only declined over two years. The season before that we finished 2nd - plus 3 FA Cups in AW's last five seasons.
Face facts: there's no way Emery will ever get us near a record as good as AW could achieve even in his latter years.

And you base that fact on what exactly? Aw's later years was 3 FA cups and a team that was declining in the league. Well UE has beaten the last part within 1 season

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2019, 09:43 AM
He really didn't, you know? That was me, I'm happy to say.

Oh I don't feckin know - all you swivel eyed right wing lunatics look the same.

Ash
10-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Imagine being the sort of dark-hearted, vicious bully who would mock non-natives for stroogling a little bit with the wild inconsistencies of our pronunciation. I'm sure Sir C wouldn't stoop to that. :-(

Sir C
10-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Imagine being the sort of dark-hearted, vicious bully who would mock non-natives for stroogling a little bit with the wild inconsistencies of our pronunciation. I'm sure Sir C wouldn't stoop to that. :-(

Emery's English is far superior to my Spanish, so mocking his linguistic capabilities would be a bit ironic, wouldn't it?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2019, 09:51 AM

He would wouldn't pronounce it stroogling a - it would be something like stroog-ah-HAY-leeng. i noticed rather sadly last night that his English is not progressing whatsoever. It means he isn't actually speaking it on a daily basis.

I cannot love him. God knows I have tried but I cannot love him. I wanted Jurgen :cry:

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:52 AM
And you base that fact on what exactly? Aw's later years was 3 FA cups and a team that was declining in the league. Well UE has beaten the last part within 1 season

I'm basing it on the fact that we're total fúcking shít and are actually by some miracle a worse defensive unit now than we were under AW.

Getting from 6th to 5th means nothing, since anything below 4th is nowhere. Emery hasn't won anything or achieved anything at all, meaning that he remains demonstrably inferior to even latter-day AW.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Emery's English is far superior to my Spanish, so mocking his linguistic capabilities would be a bit ironic, wouldn't it?

You don't share his appalling choice of hair products and his aversion to dentistry though c?

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:54 AM

You are not pursuing your career in Spain, though. If you were and had been for the last 12-18 months, I'm willing to bet you'd speak better Spanish than he does English.

Burney
10-01-2019, 09:55 AM

Most of Europe manages to speak excellent English, though, a. What went wrong with him?

I can't help it if he's backwards. :shrug:

Sir C
10-01-2019, 09:57 AM
You are not pursuing your career in Spain, though. If you were and had been for the last two 12-18 months, I'm willing to bet you'd speak better Spanish than he does English.

Certainly I would have hoped for some discernible improvement by now... but I'm naturally inclined to shy away from that most appalling of British traits - monoglots mocking polyglots. It just doesn't sit well.

Sir C
10-01-2019, 09:59 AM
You don't share his appalling choice of hair products and his aversion to dentistry though c?

A man's hair choices are a matter for himself, his conscience and his God, h. As for his teeth, the poor chap is Spanish. This is a country where the leading leisure activity is throwing donkeys off high buildings. It is a savage, backwards nation - just how advanced do you think their dentists are?

Sir C
10-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Most of Europe manages to speak excellent English, though, a. What went wrong with him?

I can't help it if he's backwards. :shrug:

Have you ever visited France, Spain or Italy? :hehe:

Pokster
10-01-2019, 10:02 AM
I'm basing it on the fact that we're total fúcking shít and are actually by some miracle a worse defensive unit now than we were under AW.

Getting from 6th to 5th means nothing, since anything below 4th is nowhere. Emery hasn't won anything or achieved anything at all, meaning that he remains demonstrably inferior to even latter-day AW.

Using thta great(?) reasoning, you can only compare AW's last season with UE's first season. Higher league finish and the final (v semi final) of the Europa league. Seems like progress to me

Sir C
10-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Using thta great(?) reasoning, you can only compare AW's last season with UE's first season. Higher league finish and the final (v semi final) of the Europa league. Seems like progress to me

This arguing over statistics is all well and good, but have you actually watched us play?

If not, don't bother. It's a depressing shítshow.

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Certainly I would have hoped for some discernible improvement by now... but I'm naturally inclined to shy away from that most appalling of British traits - monoglots mocking polyglots. It just doesn't sit well.

:nono: It is every freeborn Englishman's God-given right to mock the way foreigners speak English.

Why you no risten? This chicken is rubbery? Ay know narthing? Velly good, etc. Marvellous comedic stuff imo.

And if they don't like it, they should have won more wars, shouldn't they?

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Have you ever visited France, Spain or Italy? :hehe:

Obviously southern Europe is a bit backwards in this regard, but that supports my argument if anything.

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Really? It doesn't to me. No CL place and no silverware. Yet AW's last season got him sacked and UE's first didn't? Double standard imo.

Sir C
10-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Obviously southern Europe is a bit backwards in this regard, but that supports my argument if anything.

I have recently met a number of Swissers who speak no English at all. One of them a couple in their 40s, she a doctor and him a lawyer. Of English, not a word. This surprises me. Surely a working knowledge of English is going to be useful for hiding jewgold?

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:09 AM
I have recently met a number of Swissers who speak no English at all. One of them a couple in their 40s, she a doctor and him a lawyer. Of English, not a word. This surprises me. Surely a working knowledge of English is going to be useful for hiding jewgold?

Really? Do they dwell in some mountain fastness? Any time I've ever been in Swissland they've always spoken perfect English with a fine note of contempt and condescension.

Awful people imo.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Really? It doesn't to me. No CL place and no silverware. Yet AW's last season got him sacked and UE's first didn't? Double standard imo.

No, Aw's last 2 seasons saw him sacked, the general getting worse thing that you don't seem to grasp. UE will not have his contract extended if we don't get top 4 imo, and that will show he has started to turn around what was happening towards then end of AW's reign

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:15 AM
No, Aw's last 2 seasons saw him sacked, the general getting worse thing that you don't seem to grasp. UE will not have his contract extended if we don't get top 4 imo, and that will show he has started to turn around what was happening towards then end of AW's reign

The last two seasons in which he won an FA Cup, you mean?

Pokster
10-01-2019, 10:25 AM

Yes, and our league placing dropped lower each season..... if UE gets us back into the top 4 he deserves at least 1 more season.

Ash
10-01-2019, 10:33 AM

How do you rate the FA Cup, btw, and how did you rate it at the time? I'm not suggesting you are one of those who see it as no more than a day out, but I don't recall too many enthusiasms about it overall.

I really liked it, and drank bubbly all summer to celebrate. :-)

Burney
10-01-2019, 10:42 AM
How do you rate the FA Cup, btw, and how did you rate it at the time? I'm not suggesting you are one of those who see it as no more than a day out, but I don't recall too many enthusiasms about it overall.

I really liked it, and drank bubbly all summer to celebrate. :-)

Did I care about it? Yes.
Would I have swapped it for fourth place? Maybe.
Did I enjoy beating Chelsea? Absolutely.
Do I regard it as a far more significant achievement than an improvement from 6th to 5th in the League, plus getting stuffed by Chelsea in the EL Final? Absolutely.

Rich
10-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Saw Erik ten Hag being linked with us from next season :cloud9:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-01-2019, 12:47 PM
He had a clear philosophy when he arrived, we were going to play a high line and press to get the ball back as quickly as possible. And as I recall it resulted in a 20 some game undefeated run, not sure I remember very many people calling for his head then and all of the Unai haters were strangely quiet. You couldn't find AFC East for the life of you back then. :hehe:

I'm guessing that the back four injuries put that to rest and he tried 3 at the back etc etc and it all went a bit wrong after that. He still doesn't have his first choice back four (I would argue he has only one of them) and he's trying to play younger players as the dross he was left by Wenger simply isn't good enough and as a result there are going to be issues with continuity, team selection etc as he tries to get it right.

But the main point is that I don't want to be Chelsea, we should be bigger than a club that chops and changes every time it starts to go wrong. All Arsenal managers deserve 2-3 years at least to prove themselves and then if it doesn't work we move on. I strongly expect that people like AFC East were calling for Wenger's head in 2001 and lambasted him for fielding a team without any English players because it went against the traditions blah, blah, blah.

Ferguson was almost sacked early on at Man Utd, Wenger received no shortage of criticism in 2000/2001 - and as I said, let's remember we improved marginally last year and are currently fourth, ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

Bruce Rioch got us back up to 4th. He'd left the back 5/6 alone, and been happy to work with the added creativity that DB10 and Platt brought, while having a top form IWWW, Parlour and Merse.

We were basically a top CM and goal-scoring winger away from a title challenge. But we fücked him out the door so we could get AW.

Luiz is a carthorse who has made Papa Sok worse. Torreira would have been fine for AW, esp with Rambo and Ozil, but Dick doesn't like him cos he's too small.

Pepe's taking up a space which, had he not cost a fortune, would be to Saka or Nelson. If Xhaka can't defend, why play him not Ozil?

Ceballos's spot could go to Willock or AMN. What worries me most is that if we had a better manager, he'd get more out of what looks like a great generation of kids.

Pokster
10-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Bruce Rioch got us back up to 4th. He'd left the back 5/6 alone, and been happy to work with the added creativity that DB10 and Platt brought, while having a top form IWWW, Parlour and Merse.

We were basically a top CM and goal-scoring winger away from a title challenge. But we fücked him out the door so we could get AW.

Luiz is a carthorse who has made Papa Sok worse. Torreira would have been fine for AW, esp with Rambo and Ozil, but Dick doesn't like him cos he's too small.

Pepe's taking up a space which, had he not cost a fortune, would be to Saka or Nelson. If Xhaka can't defend, why play him not Ozil?

Ceballos's spot could go to Willock or AMN. What worries me most is that if we had a better manager, he'd get more out of what looks like a great generation of kids.

A different manager might not even play the kids.... especially if he thought he would get the sack after 1 season. teh only reason chelsea are playing kids is because they have to and Lampard isn't under any pressure

10-01-2019, 01:25 PM
A different manager might not even play the kids.... especially if he thought he would get the sack after 1 season. teh only reason chelsea are playing kids is because they have to and Lampard isn't under any pressure

I'm just saying that Saka, Nelson, Willock, Smith-Rowe and AMN given a chance in MF (now we've HB coming back, Chambers showing he can play there and AMN having learnt the skills to beat a man and make goals out wide after his experience at FB) would learn to play better football under a better coach.

If we'd been playing Torreira at DM with Willock further forward, Willock would have scored that one Torreira put over. He's got a bit of the Rambos/Freddies about him in the way he arrives late into space in the box.

We need MF creativity, but Xhaka can't play defensively, Torreira's not an 8/10, we let Rambo leave and dropped Ozil despite the fact he's no worse defensively than Xhaka, who we've made captain.

Pepe so far doesn't look any better than Saka or Nelson and Willock could be a top level MF. But I'm biased. I just don't like Dick for replacing AW.

WES
10-01-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm just saying that Saka, Nelson, Willock, Smith-Rowe and AMN given a chance in MF (now we've HB coming back, Chambers showing he can play there and AMN having learnt the skills to beat a man and make goals out wide after his experience at FB) would learn to play better football under a better coach.

If we'd been playing Torreira at DM with Willock further forward, Willock would have scored that one Torreira put over. He's got a bit of the Rambos/Freddies about him in the way he arrives late into space in the box.

We need MF creativity, but Xhaka can't play defensively, Torreira's not an 8/10, we let Rambo leave and dropped Ozil despite the fact he's no worse defensively than Xhaka, who we've made captain.

Pepe so far doesn't look any better than Saka or Nelson and Willock could be a top level MF. But I'm biased. I just don't like Dick for replacing AW.

Yes, exactly. This is the subtext in virtually every criticism of Unai. And it is not only unfair on Unai it is stupid, sentimental and revisionism of the highest order.

Nothing that has happened since Wenger left indicates that it was the wrong move. Neville was spot on last night; we aren't playing well but at least the players are trying which is more than you could say about the latter years of Wenger's tenure. Watching Ramsey try a stupid flick and then stroll back after giving it away is not something I miss. Nor the 8-2 and 6-0 pastings.

Unai may or may not work out, but either way the club has moved forward.

10-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Yes, exactly. This is the subtext in virtually every criticism of Unai. And it is not only unfair on Unai it is stupid, sentimental and revisionism of the highest order.

Nothing that has happened since Wenger left indicates that it was the wrong move. Neville was spot on last night; we aren't playing well but at least the players are trying which is more than you could say about the latter years of Wenger's tenure. Watching Ramsey try a stupid flick and then stroll back after giving it away is not something I miss. Nor the 8-2 and 6-0 pastings.

Unai may or may not work out, but either way the club has moved forward.

What about the fact that we're giving away needless goals because we try to play the ball out from the box after goal kicks?

What about the fact that we're not seeing those great team goals finished off with a Rambo backheel or kung-fu lob over the 'keeper?

What about the fact that we don't do the sexy in MF? That the only creativity we have is when Auba and Laca pass to each other?

I don't mind being a EL-level side as long as we score some sexy goals. Auba's on fire, but where's the sexy MF Wengerball?

WES
10-01-2019, 02:11 PM
What about the fact that we're giving away needless goals because we try to play the ball out from the box after goal kicks?

What about the fact that we're not seeing those great team goals finished off with a Rambo backheel or kung-fu lob over the 'keeper?

What about the fact that we don't do the sexy in MF? That the only creativity we have is when Auba and Laca pass to each other?

I don't mind being a EL-level side as long as we score some sexy goals. Auba's on fire, but where's the sexy MF Wengerball?

Firstly, you are slightly missing the point that we had to move on from Wenger, what has happened so far under Unai is irrelevant.

Secondly, if you think we didn't score sexy goals last year or this year you haven't been watching. Did you watch the 4-2 win over Spurs? Was it Leicester that we scored as good a goal as this club or the PL has ever seen?

Again, more revisionism. We played some great stuff last year and went on a great 20 plus game run until we had injuries at the back. Since then it has been poor but Unai deserves time to turn it around. He's trying to integrate young players, he's trying to work with a dysfunctional back four which has been missing players, he's trying to figure out how best to use his new players - these things take time and we should be patient rather than undermining him and whining like little bitches.

We should be bigger than that. We should be the Arsenal.

John Bunnell
10-01-2019, 02:19 PM
WES stop banging on about that 20 game run you sound like a massive retard.

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2019, 02:21 PM

And if anyone should know what a massive retard sounds like ...

John Bunnell
10-01-2019, 02:25 PM
And if anyone should know what a massive retard sounds like ...

You wish you was as cool as me, cűnt. :)

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2019, 02:31 PM
You wish you was as cool as me, cűnt. :)
I wish I was as young as you definitely ;)

WES
10-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Let it be noted for those who want Emery out that John Bunnell is with you. He has consulted his intellect, provided it with the facts available to him and come to the conclusion that Emery should leave.

You, all of you, are as one with John Bunnell.

Just saying like.

Luis Anaconda
10-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Let it be noted for those who want Emery out that John Bunnell is with you. He has consulted his intellect, provided it with the facts available to him and come to the conclusion that Emery should leave.

You, all of you, are as one with John Bunnell.

Just saying like.

Trouble is I agree with you - bad times ;)

Burney
10-01-2019, 03:38 PM

:hehe: We really need a 'Like' button on here.

eastgermanautos
10-01-2019, 03:40 PM

Who would you have made captain?

Burney
10-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Who would you have made captain?

Ozil for the lols imo.

10-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Firstly, you are slightly missing the point that we had to move on from Wenger, what has happened so far under Unai is irrelevant.

Secondly, if you think we didn't score sexy goals last year or this year you haven't been watching. Did you watch the 4-2 win over Spurs? Was it Leicester that we scored as good a goal as this club or the PL has ever seen?

Again, more revisionism. We played some great stuff last year and went on a great 20 plus game run until we had injuries at the back. Since then it has been poor but Unai deserves time to turn it around. He's trying to integrate young players, he's trying to work with a dysfunctional back four which has been missing players, he's trying to figure out how best to use his new players - these things take time and we should be patient rather than undermining him and whining like little bitches.

We should be bigger than that. We should be the Arsenal.

You're trolling now. That Leicester game was in October when we were still playing Wengerball and Ozil played a major role in all 3. Take out the genius of Mesut and we'd have lost 1-0.

The change between that game and this season shows what we've lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyE3cP27VoY

IUFG
10-01-2019, 04:10 PM
You're trolling now. That Leicester game was in October when we were still playing Wengerball and Ozil played a major role in all 3. Take out the genius of Mesut and we'd have lost 1-0.

that touch by Ozil to take the ball on the run for the first :cloud9:

WES
10-01-2019, 04:15 PM

No, I'm pointing out that your statement that we have played boring football under Emery is demonstrably untrue.

And if you ignore the football played with Ozil in the team (no idea why you would given you didn't make that distinction in your post) there are still many examples of us playing attractive, exciting football under Emery.

But more importantly, the real point is that he deserves time to resolve the current issues, one season and 6 games is not enough to judge a manager. I really fail to see how anyone who is both mature and has an active brain pattern could disagree with that. :shrug:

John Bunnell
10-01-2019, 05:51 PM
WES we have played crap football for pretty much ALL of 2019. You keep banging on about the football at the beginning of Emery's tenure. The team was still accustomed to Wengerball back then and the fact that teams often play better under a new manager as players look to impress. It happened with Ole at United now look how crap they are. Fact is, Emery has started to mould the team now and what we are seeing is a truer reflection of Emery. What we see is clueless tactics, awful man management, rubbish football, piss poor accolades not to be proud of (something like the most amount of shots by the opposition this season out of the top 5 leagues - what the flying fùck). Its clear to anyone with a brain that Emery is taking Arsenal nowhere... Clear to everyone but you. Stop sticking your finger up your ass as you cum on your tits whilst screaming "20 games unbeaten" and get real.

10-01-2019, 10:50 PM
WES we have played crap football for pretty much ALL of 2019. You keep banging on about the football at the beginning of Emery's tenure. The team was still accustomed to Wengerball back then and the fact that teams often play better under a new manager as players look to impress. It happened with Ole at United now look how crap they are. Fact is, Emery has started to mould the team now and what we are seeing is a truer reflection of Emery. What we see is clueless tactics, awful man management, rubbish football, piss poor accolades not to be proud of (something like the most amount of shots by the opposition this season out of the top 5 leagues - what the flying fùck). Its clear to anyone with a brain that Emery is taking Arsenal nowhere... Clear to everyone but you. Stop sticking your finger up your ass as you cum on your tits whilst screaming "20 games unbeaten" and get real.

Bang on. Need more characters. SGx4.