PDA

View Full Version : Proper rain, this.

Ash
09-24-2019, 08:32 AM
Another 39 days and nights and the world will be flushed clean of all it sins, to be sure.

PSRB
09-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Another 39 days and nights and the world will be flushed clean of all it sins, to be sure.

Global warming, innit

Sir C
09-24-2019, 08:35 AM

St Greta of Aspergers warned us, and we failed to listen. :-(

IUFG
09-24-2019, 08:51 AM

She'll never forgive you, and so on and so forth

Whilst her message carries some validity how the fúck did she get ramped up onto a world stage?

Ash
09-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Greta is working for the 0.01% who are intending to plunder our pensions to pay for 'green' projects which they will massively profit from. Nature itself is going to be privatised and we'll have to pay for the air, or something.

I'll show you the full working out when I've read up on the theory. Just seen the executive summary so far.

Sir C

Whilst her message carries some validity how the fúck did she get ramped up onto a world stage?

It's a Marxist conspiracy, i. :shrug:

Pat Vegas

I actually don't mind it this morning. It's a bit of a novelty.
i don't recall it raining very often on my way to work this year.

I am sure the novelty will wear off by tomorrow.

Ash
09-24-2019, 08:53 AM

Corporate sponsors intending to profit from enforced austerity.

IUFG
09-24-2019, 08:53 AM

talking of washing away sins, when did the grotty shíthole that is The Arsenal Tavern close?

Just Trent
09-24-2019, 08:54 AM

Trump upstaging her big entrance at the Climate summit :hehe: :clap: WD the Donald imo

Sir C
09-24-2019, 08:55 AM
talking of washing away sins, when did the grotty shíthole that is The Arsenal Tavern close?

The Arsenal Tavern's closed? :yikes: Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners :-(

IUFG
09-24-2019, 08:58 AM
The Arsenal Tavern's closed? :yikes: Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners :-(

:nod: Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.

Pat Vegas
09-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Global warming, innit

I blame the Emirates Stadium for it.

Cold winter nights at Highbury were 1000% colder than the Emirates. (I am ignoring stadium design)
I seem to recall freezing my *******s off watching a 0-0 against Valencia or someone. perhaps ajax, or perhaps both

IUFG
09-24-2019, 09:00 AM

either that or the Earth's eccentric orbital patterns

Tony C
09-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Twitter bans commencing....

https://youtu.be/pgGkmntVgzM

Keep saying it but if the world is coming to an end surely you would spend it doing something else?

Sir C
09-24-2019, 09:03 AM

Cold winter nights at Highbury were 1000% colder than the Emirates. (I am ignoring stadium design)
I seem to recall freezing my *******s off watching a 0-0 against Valencia or someone. perhaps ajax, or perhaps both

:nono: At Highbury one was standing on a cold-soaked concrete terrace.

I can still feel the pain in my toes. :-(

Tony C
09-24-2019, 09:07 AM
More importantly...just wondering if the slicker underfoot conditions might mean we don’t see Holding, Bellend and Tierney tonight.

I know we have an excellent team looking after the pitch but do you take the chance?

Sir C
09-24-2019, 09:09 AM
:nod: Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.

The Woodbine's still OK, is it?

I suppose more drinking happens over on the Holloway Road side these days.

Pat Vegas
09-24-2019, 09:11 AM
:nono: At Highbury one was standing on a cold-soaked concrete terrace.

I can still feel the pain in my toes. :-(

I went to the first emirates cup. and I had a pain in the bottom of my spine for months afterwards.
:-(

Pokster
09-24-2019, 09:14 AM
More importantly...just wondering if the slicker underfoot conditions might mean we don’t see Holding, Bellend and Tierney tonight.

I know we have an excellent team looking after the pitch but do you take the chance?

i think 2 of them will start, have Bellerin on the bench and he can come on when we are 3 down with 15 to go

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-24-2019, 09:20 AM

You would mock a young girls affliction c? For shame.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Trump upstaging her big entrance at the Climate summit :hehe: :clap: WD the Donald imo

Did he march over and grab her fanny?

IUFG
09-24-2019, 09:25 AM
The Woodbine's still OK, is it?

I suppose more drinking happens over on the Holloway Road side these days.

I went to The Woodbine for the first time in ages. That is when I walked past The Arsenal Tavern.
I've been going to the Pins or Tollington recently, fancied a change.

I remember drinking outside The Arsenal Tavern on a sunny day, years and years ago, and an old boy with a zimmer shuffled by. He could barely walk and was wearing a Spurs shirt under his jacket. He got absolute dogs abuse for the age it seemed to take him to pass. When he got past the crowd he turned around and shouted "Fúck off, you Arsenal ****s". He got a loud cheer :hehe:

Ash
09-24-2019, 09:26 AM

During the off-season, I think. I did actually use it last season as the Woodbine became too crowded, hot and oppressive for me. I'm struggling with busy pubs in my dotage. :-( A bit of space to breath, and maybe even somewhere to sit or at least put the pint down. In fact now they serve Hells in the ground I'll have a couple in there. Also saves 20 minutes+ in the damned queue.

Sir C
09-24-2019, 09:30 AM
I went to The Woodbine for the first time in ages. That is when I walked past The Arsenal Tavern.
I've been going to the Pins or Tollington recently, fancied a change.

I remember drinking outside The Arsenal Tavern on a sunny day, years and years ago, and an old boy with a zimmer shuffled by. He could barely walk and was wearing a Spurs shirt under his jacket. He got absolute dogs abuse for the age it seemed to take him to pass. When he got past the crowd he turned around and shouted "Fúck off, you Arsenal ****s". He got a loud cheer :hehe:

:clap: Epic bantz, i.

I remember driving past it after the game on the day we beat Leicester in 2004. The suitably refreshed patrons were blocking the road having an impromptu football match.

I was driving a convertible :-(

IUFG
09-24-2019, 09:34 AM

In that case, I'm afraid you deserved everything, sc...

PSRB
09-24-2019, 09:37 AM

I remember driving past it after the game on the day we beat Leicester in 2004. The suitably refreshed patrons were blocking the road having an impromptu football match.

I was involved in that

Sir C
09-24-2019, 09:38 AM
I was involved in that

I expect you laughed at me you ******* :-(

Rich
09-24-2019, 09:38 AM

Nice thundery band incoming on the back edge now. May have to pop outside to see.

PSRB
09-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Probably, everything was good that day

Rich
09-24-2019, 09:44 AM

A Bentley, perhaps?

Billy Goat Sverige
09-24-2019, 09:44 AM

PR. Her mum released a book just after this all started and in the days prior she had Greta sit outside parliament. The papers and some bloke from a climate change awareness organisation (he used to work in PR) were tipped off and that’s how it all blew up originally. Now there’s no stopping it.

Sir C
09-24-2019, 09:50 AM
You would mock a young girls affliction c? For shame.

I rather think it's her parents' exploitation of her that's the shameful thing, h.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Pat Vegas "I actually don't mind it this morning. It's a bit of a novelty.

I am sure the novelty will wear off by tomorrow."

I think the novelty might wear off in an hours time and shortly before you arrive back home looking like a drowned rat

IUFG
09-24-2019, 03:16 PM
Pat Vegas "I actually don't mind it this morning. It's a bit of a novelty.

I am sure the novelty will wear off by tomorrow."

I think the novelty might wear off in an hours time and shortly before you arrive back home looking like a drowned rat

Lovely and sunny here now ...

eastgermanautos
09-24-2019, 04:57 PM

Ah, a subscriber to the Trump Genius theory. Wunderbar.

Sir C
09-24-2019, 05:06 PM
A Bentley, perhaps?

Good God no. I’m not a second division footballer with a perm.

IUFG
10-24-2019, 01:39 PM

it is fúcking at it again.

Started off as fine drizzle ( :wave: psrb) and fog this morning. Now bucketing it down for the last 2 hours.

PSRB
10-24-2019, 01:46 PM

Started off as fine drizzle ( :wave: psrb) and fog this morning. Now bucketing it down for the last 2 hours.

Quite a nice day here, will bucket it when I'm driving to Surrey tomorrow :-(

Ash
10-24-2019, 01:51 PM

Hopefully it will ease off before the game. I'd rather not sit there soaked and catching pneumonia.

Though we would of course see how the portugeezers like it on a wet windy night in, erm, Islington.

Sir C
10-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Hopefully it will ease off before the game. I'd rather not sit there soaked and catching pneumonia.

Though we would of course see how the portugeezers like it on a wet windy night in, erm, Islington.

We're going to smash those pseudo-Spaniards and everyone will think Emery is great again.

PSRB
10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
We're going to smash those pseudo-Spaniards and everyone will think Emery is great again.

Possibly but we'll lose to Palace and that will be that

IUFG
10-24-2019, 02:27 PM

If we lose to Palace...I suspect he'll get the bullet.

Apparently Edu was speaking to fans for 15-20 mins outside Bramall Lane after the match on Monday. I'm pretty sure the board have a good idea how the fans feel about Unai.

Let's hope Edu didn't speak to any of the AFTV muppets.

Sir C
10-24-2019, 02:32 PM
If we lose to Palace...I suspect he'll get the bullet.

Apparently Edu was speaking to fans for 15-20 mins outside Bramall Lane after the match on Monday. I'm pretty sure the board have a good idea how the fans feel about Unai.

Let's hope Edu didn't speak to any of the AFTV muppets.

Surely they wouldn't fire him without having a replacement ready?

Or are we going to have Freddie at the wheel?

Ash
10-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Everyone'll be singing "Sacked in the morning ..."

PSRB
10-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Everyone'll be singing "Sacked in the morning ..."

Go get Allegri, imo

Who we should have got in the 1st place

IUFG
12-20-2019, 08:20 AM

it is at it again. FFS