PDA

View Full Version : Dog and Duck 0 Royal Arsenal 3

Sir C
09-19-2019, 06:47 PM
We’re a pub team playing against pub teams, boys.

How did it come to this?

barrybueno
09-19-2019, 06:56 PM

How did it come to this?

:sigh: You joyless old ******* C :-(

Sir C
09-19-2019, 06:58 PM

Just realistic, b. 22 lads chasing a ball around like junior school kids? We’re supposed to be The Arsenal, for all love.

Just Trent
09-19-2019, 07:01 PM

:nod: That was good fun. Booyakasaka and Martinez were great. Obviously Emery hasn’t got much of a clue. But, that’ll soon be fixed with a quick sacking. Plenty of handy young talent for another coach to work with.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Just realistic, b. 22 lads chasing a ball around like junior school kids? We’re supposed to be The Arsenal, for all love.

I quite like it, C. None of those beastly Britishers putting our back 4 under pressure. A young black winger doing the biz coming from the yoof team, not costing 70 millions. And Auba showing he's about 3 or 4 divisions above everyone else on the pitch.

Maybe we should move to Germany after Brexit. Come 2nd to Bayern and make the CL most years.

Basically, I'd rather beat the Dog and Duck instead of drop points at Watford.

I mean, even Mustafi found this level to his liking.

Sir C
09-19-2019, 07:06 PM
I quite like it, C. None of those beastly Britishers putting our back 4 under pressure. A young black winger doing the biz coming from the yoof team, not costing 70 millions. And Auba showing he's about 3 or 4 divisions above everyone else on the pitch.

Maybe we should move to Germany after Brexit. Come 2nd to Bayern and make the CL most years.

Basically, I'd rather beat the Dog and Duck instead of drop points at Watford.

I mean, even Mustafi found this level to his liking.

Consider the dignity of The Arsenal, g. This is making me depressed.

09-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Consider the dignity of The Arsenal, g. This is making me depressed.

The dignity left when we got owned by the Septic. It had been going since we left Highbury and got that green dinosaur.

But how can we even pretend to be dignified with the Septic appointing Dick to manage us?

Let's embrace it, C. Let's move to Germany, come 2nd to Bayern and play in the CL.

No more Sperz, Chavs, Scousers, Mancs and beastly Watford to worry about.

Sir C
09-19-2019, 07:28 PM
The dignity left when we got owned by the Septic. It had been going since we left Highbury and got that green dinosaur.

But how can we even pretend to be dignified with the Septic appointing Dick to manage us?

Let's embrace it, C. Let's move to Germany, come 2nd to Bayern and play in the CL.

I might move to the Andaman Islands. Not the dry one. Or the one with the homicidal savages though. A nice beach, a bamboo shack, no WiFi and no football. That’s what I need.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-19-2019, 08:25 PM

How did it come to this?

time at Real is nearly over - you see where I'm going with this c?

Sir C
09-19-2019, 08:32 PM
time at Real is nearly over - you see where I'm going with this c?

Arsène to come home, you mean?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
Arsène to come home, you mean?

No c. Zizou is how the french refer to Zidane. They refer to Arséne as Le senile Old Çunt

Burney
09-20-2019, 11:37 AM

I do like the way everyone's now starting to see that I've been right all along. That big, green, choker-wearing, Jurassic Park cash-in, theropod **** has been an embarrassment since day one and his appearance was always the thin end of the wedge.

For me, he bears far more responsibility for the current state of our club than Kroenke, Gazidis and Emery put together.

Sir C
09-20-2019, 11:47 AM
I do like the way everyone's now starting to see that I've been right all along. That big, green, choker-wearing, Jurassic Park cash-in, theropod **** has been an embarrassment since day one and his appearance was always the thin end of the wedge.

For me, he bears far more responsibility for the current state of our club than Kroenke, Gazidis and Emery put together.

You only feel that ways because you’re too young to remember the real North Bank, whence he came.

He’s one of us, the great green slipper wearing galoot.

Burney
09-20-2019, 11:55 AM
You only feel that ways because you’re too young to remember the real North Bank, whence he came.

He’s one of us, the great green slipper wearing galoot.

I remember the North Bank. I don't remember seeing a 7 foot animal on there. Well, not a green one, anyway.

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:01 PM
I remember the North Bank. I don't remember seeing a 7 foot animal on there. Well, not a green one, anyway.

Don't be mean - as a kid I used to dream about being inside Gunnersaurus.

Ash
09-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Don't be mean - as a kid I used to dream about being inside Gunnersaurus.

Is that because Gunnersaurus has been inside you?

And why has that not already been tapped home? Is it too obvious? Already implied in the assist?

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Is that because Gunnersaurus has been inside you?

And why has that not already been tapped home? Is it too obvious? Already implied in the assist?

I knew the bloke who used to wear the outfit. He worked for the Junior Gunners.

Nice bloke, although I never dreamt of being inside him.

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:24 PM
I knew the bloke who used to wear the outfit. He worked for the Junior Gunners.

Nice bloke, although I never dreamt of being inside him.

His involvement with the Junior Gunners tells me he's a nonce. :judge:

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 12:26 PM
It's a man named Rex

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:28 PM
His involvement with the Junior Gunners tells me he's a nonce. :judge:

I served as a ballboy at Highbury for 4 games and travelled with the JG's to dozens of away games and I didn't get f*cked by anyone :-(

Sir C
09-20-2019, 12:30 PM

That's because he was buried underneath it. For millions of years. He was killed in a fight with Raquel Welch in a fur bikini.

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
I served as a ballboy at Highbury for 4 games and travelled with the JG's to dozens of away games and I didn't get f*cked by anyone :-(

:shrug: I said he was a nonce, not that he was desperate.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Acshurely, builders working on the North Bank sanitation/renovation to make it all-seater discovered an egg of gigantic proportions which subsequently hatched to reveal Gunnersaurus
It's in the history s it must be true

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 12:44 PM
I would like to ask Monty when he was a ballboy and if he can remember the games
(Guessing late 80s)

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:44 PM
:shrug: I said he was a nonce, not that he was desperate.

:nono: By all accounts*, I was quite the cutey until I hit puberty.

*According to my grandma

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:48 PM
I would like to ask Monty when he was a ballboy and if he can remember the games
(Guessing late 80s)

Austria Vienna (6-1)
Sheff Utd (4-1 possibly?)
Chelsea (3-2 possible?)

Can't remember the 4th game.

If you can find a video of the full Austria Vienna game, you'll see me leaning over the advertising boards to get the ball back for Kevin Campbell. Except I couldn't reach, so he had to get it himself.

I had literally one job :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 12:50 PM
:thumbip:

I've got the Vienna game of VHS somewhere so will look out one day for your starring moment

5-2 the Sheff Utd match
George was mad about us conceding two :hehe:

You were quite the lucky charm as far as goals were concerned, Monty

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Acshurely, builders working on the North Bank sanitation/renovation to make it all-seater discovered an egg of gigantic proportions which subsequently hatched to reveal Gunnersaurus

So he's an actual carniverous dinosaur, right? So presumably that means that away from the public gaze, he's regularly devouring heaps of bloody meat. Doesn't seem quite so cute now, does he?

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:52 PM

I've got the Vienna game of VHS somewhere so will look out one day for your starring moment

5-2 the Sheff Utd match

That Vienna game was our first one back in Europe after the ban, wasn't it? I remember being entirely confident that we'd stroll the European Cup after that.

Fúcking Benfica. :-(

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:53 PM
:nono: By all accounts*, I was quite the cutey until I hit puberty.

*According to my grandma

The grandma who wanted to bang you? :-(

Monty92
09-20-2019, 12:54 PM

5-2 the Sheff Utd match

If you can find footage of the warm up for the Sheff Utd game you might see my sister (who was standing next to the goal to collect loose balls) taking one directly in the tits from a Vinny Jones humdinger.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 12:55 PM
:nod: All that solemn bowing he undertakes whenever there's a minute's silence is folly
He's thinking of all that human flesh laid out on the slap

Burney
09-20-2019, 12:55 PM
If you can find footage of the warm up for the Sheff Utd game you might see my sister (who was standing next to the goal to collect loose balls) taking one directly in the tits from a Vinny Jones humdinger.

If I wanted to see your sister handling balls I'd be on PorhHub, mate.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Burney "That Vienna game was our first one back in Europe after the ban, wasn't it? I remember being entirely confident that we'd stroll the European Cup after that. Fúcking Benfica. "

Yep
I shared your confidence yet 2 rounds and we were out
Such a disappointment
Bearing in mind the qualification criteria I thought it'd be such a tough competition to get back into and that we'd badly blown our chance

Monty92
09-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Burney "That Vienna game was our first one back in Europe after the ban, wasn't it? I remember being entirely confident that we'd stroll the European Cup after that. Fúcking Benfica. "

Yep
I shared your confidence yet 2 rounds and we were out
Such a disappointment
Bearing in mind the qualification criteria I thought it'd be such a tough competition to get back into and that we'd badly blown our chance

Lovely goal from Souper Kev at the Stadium of Light, though.

Beautiful assist from Rocky, I think?

Ash
09-20-2019, 01:09 PM

Seriously, though. Did they find the remains of the horse?

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 01:20 PM
They found nothing then but when excavating Highbury in 2006 :cry: I'm certain they unearthed one of his shoes

Luis Anaconda
09-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Lovely goal from Souper Kev at the Stadium of Light, though.

Beautiful assist from Rocky, I think?

https://twitter.com/90sarsenal/status/682887929119830016

1-0 in a difficult away tie and Michael Thomas refused to come on as sub - or played silly buggers warming up behind the goal - and we concede the equaliser. Legend, my arse

09-20-2019, 01:46 PM
https://twitter.com/90sarsenal/status/682887929119830016

1-0 in a difficult away tie and Michael Thomas refused to come on as sub - or played silly buggers warming up behind the goal - and we concede the equaliser. Legend, my arse

I loved Souper Kev.

At the end of the '91-2 season, I honestly thought he'd be what we'd later call a cross between DB10 and TH14. Having been too young to watch Chippy much, I really believed he was gonna be the best Arsenal born and bred player of that era. Even better than Merse.

When Merse and Limpar switched flanks and we had Kev and IWWW up top, that was my fave front 4 of all time, barring the Invincibles.

Why did it all go wrong?

Viva Prat Vegas
09-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Souper Kev fell in awe of Wrighty and would look towards him with deference so much so that he'd pass up on goalscoring chances which any greedy striker would have taken in preference to passing to a more obstructed IWWW
Became a bit punchy too

09-20-2019, 02:10 PM
Souper Kev fell in awe of Wrighty and would look towards him with deference so much so that he'd pass up on goalscoring chances which any greedy striker would have taken in preference to passing to a more obstructed IWWW
Became a bit punchy too

Is that really what happened?

I started travelling around then, so never saw poor Kev's decline and fall. Gutted.

Pokster
09-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Is that really what happened?

I started travelling around then, so never saw poor Kev's decline and fall. Gutted.

In levels of deviency that makes me look like LA, I actually went ot Leicester City to watch them play Leeds when Super Kev went on oan there at the start of his career...THINK Leicester won 4-3 and he scored

09-20-2019, 02:27 PM
In levels of deviency that makes me look like LA, I actually went ot Leicester City to watch them play Leeds when Super Kev went on oan there at the start of his career...THINK Leicester won 4-3 and he scored

I was following how Andy Cole was doing for Bristol City. Didn't go there, obv. But we really should have kept him. We didn't have big squads and lots of subs back then. And we end up buying Hartson and Kiwomya.

My first game after I'd been travelling India the first time for 8-9 months was the day GG got sacked. Glenn Helder made his debut and had one lovely touch of skill. Kiwomya scored. 1-0 to the Arsenal.

I wonder if young Eddie could succeed for us as an Arsenal born and bred striker?