PDA

View Full Version : Oh no 'Emery Out' is actually a real thing :-(

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 08:16 AM
I like the fella but he needs to sort it out quickly.

Oh and one day Mourinho will be the boss.

PSRB
09-17-2019, 08:19 AM

and then I will stop watching......on TV

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 08:26 AM

I have no facts or evidence to suggest why he may be our manager but just have a feeling.

It might be sooner or later depending on how we go up to Xmas. Who's raul sanllehi matey with?

Ash
09-17-2019, 08:38 AM

He could probably do a job for us this season, tbf. Or Puliso. Or Allerdicce.

Rich
09-17-2019, 08:44 AM

I've hated him since day 1, tbh. Was clearly destined to be a failure and if we don't get top 4 (and it looks like we are a long way short, on current evidence), then there is no way that we will take out the option for a third year on his contract.

Who could we get to replace him?

Hassenhutl - quite like him and would make him the favourite.
Howe - Don't think he'll ever leave AFCB.
Ajax manager - must fancy a pay rise and there is the Bergkamp connection.
Wenger - why not? If the board had backed him like they did Emery then who knows how we'd be doing now.

Sir C
09-17-2019, 08:46 AM

His team would probably be more exciting to watch than the current faceless beigeness we serve up.

Pokster
09-17-2019, 08:47 AM
I've hated him since day 1, tbh. Was clearly destined to be a failure and if we don't get top 4 (and it looks like we are a long way short, on current evidence), then there is no way that we will take out the option for a third year on his contract.

Wenger - why not? If the board had backed him like they did Emery then who knows how we'd be doing now.

Oh do **** off

Sir C
09-17-2019, 08:52 AM
Oh do **** off

A beautifully argued riposte there, old chap.

Erudite as ever.

Pokster
09-17-2019, 09:17 AM
A beautifully argued riposte there, old chap.

Erudite as ever.

I try my best, I find straight talking is the key with R

Tony C
09-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Sol23 incoming :clap:

:banterclubfc

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:24 AM

Not sure about Howe, he is one mentioned quite a lot but whilst he has done a good job where he is I think there is the romantic idea of having another manager for a long time like Mr Wenger but think that day and age is over.

I quite expect us to go through quite a few over the next 10 years.

IUFG
09-17-2019, 09:29 AM

only one man for the job, f

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClassicSoupyAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1mb.gif

Viva Prat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Just as he's finally mastering the English language as well...
:-(

IUFG
09-17-2019, 09:35 AM

Good ebening..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVOFueg7qI

Just Trent
09-17-2019, 09:41 AM

It all seems quite confused. Like he’s trying to do too many things at once. The players seem a bit bewildered by it all. The gaps that keep appearing across the pitch are alarming. I suppose Gary Neville and co would say ‘Emery isn’t projecting his vision onto the squad’.

Players making daft mistakes doesn’t help either. But, if you sign David Luiz and also attempt a strategy that involves Sokratis passing out from defence. Then on your own head be it.

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:41 AM

Who Tony Adams?

Viva Prat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:43 AM
I like his 8-)

IUFG
09-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Players making daft mistakes doesn’t help either. But, if you sign David Luiz and also attempt a strategy that involves Sokratis passing out from defence. Then on your own head be it.

Well. Apparently Holding will be back next week.

Who would you drop out of Sokratis and Luiz?

Holding and Chambers it is...

Just Trent
09-17-2019, 09:47 AM
Good ebening..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVOFueg7qI

He seems to be doing a lot of evening press conferences. AW always used to go for a jaunty mid-morning time slot.

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:47 AM

I'd honestly bring back Mustafi. he's not that bad.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Just Trent "He seems to be doing a lot of evening press conferences. AW always used to go for a jaunty mid-morning time slot."

Unai can't pronounce "Morning" yet so the Press Officer shifts them all to a PM slot to save face

Just Trent
09-17-2019, 09:59 AM

Holding was doing quite well before the injury. Starting to look dominant in the air and becoming a leader at the back. Not sure passing is a particular strength of his either though. Chambers has to be worth another look. Maybe put them both in with Bellerin and Tierney at FB. Might be better balanced?

Just Trent
09-17-2019, 10:00 AM
I'd honestly bring back Mustafi. he's not that bad.

I’d rather have a blindfolded Mustafi, than give Luiz another go.

Tony C
09-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Or even a back 3 / wingbacks

Bellend

Chambers
Holding
Tierney

Kolasinac

But no chance of that because he won’t drop certain midfielders.

Need a guy who isn’t afraid...Vieira would be interesting.

IUFG
09-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Just Trent "He seems to be doing a lot of evening press conferences. AW always used to go for a jaunty mid-morning time slot."

Unai can't pronounce "Morning" yet so the Press Officer shifts them all to a PM slot to save face

Bloody furriners, coming over here, taking our jobs, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2kfbXKbnjM

IUFG
09-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Need a guy who isn’t afraid...Vieira would be interesting.

Henry and Adams combo imo.

A fúcking disaster waiting to happen, of course, but there would be plenty of passion and speeeerit, no doubt.

Ash
09-17-2019, 10:22 AM
I’d rather have a blindfolded Mustafi, than give Luiz another go.

Quite the achievement from Louise, to have raised Mustafi's stock within a couple of games.

7sisters
09-17-2019, 10:26 AM

Emery would have lost a sizeable chunk of the fans over the weekend. His recent record, including the back end of last season, doesn’t really show progress.
He badly needs Bellerin, Tierney and Holding back in the squad to shore up that creaking defence.
One gets the feeling that the board won’t hang around, if we fail to make top 4, following the recent outlay.

Tony C
09-17-2019, 10:29 AM
2 year contract too so not like they have to pay a huge amount to get him out in January...or sooner.

Freddie caretaker, wins a few games, gets the job (where have I seen this before lol)

Sir C
09-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Emery would have lost a sizeable chunk of the fans over the weekend. His recent record, including the back end of last season, doesn’t really show progress.
He badly needs Bellerin, Tierney and Holding back in the squad to shore up that creaking defence.
One gets the feeling that the board won’t hang around, if we fail to make top 4, following the recent outlay.

You mean they'll wait until May? :yikes:

Ash
09-17-2019, 10:33 AM
2 year contract too so not like they have to pay a huge amount to get him out in January...or sooner.

Freddie caretaker, wins a few games, gets the job (where have I seen this before lol)

If it looks like the wheels have really come off they might pull the trigger before top four is lost. Quite some time before.

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 10:42 AM
You mean they'll wait until May? :yikes:

I don't like this judge people in May Business.
Far too late now.

How many wasted seasons we gonna have to go through? It can only get to a point where what good players we actually have will want to leave.

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 10:43 AM
If it looks like the wheels have really come off they might pull the trigger before top four is lost. Quite some time before.

On the other hand we've only lost one game. but I am also thinking about the end of last season.
It's a shame we've reached this doom and gloom point already. I was actually very excited for this season.

I also think Pepe isn't going to be very good :-(

Sir C
09-17-2019, 10:44 AM
I don't like this judge people in May Business.
Far too late now.

How many wasted seasons we gonna have to go through? It can only get to a point where what good players we actually have will want to leave.

I was unwilling to make any sort of judgement last season. Give him 12 months so that we can see what he's trying to do was my view.

I've seen what he's trying to do, and quite clearly what he's trying to do is to suck all the vitality and joy out of our football club, like some sort of Iberian vampyre.

Enough, as Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand told us, is enough. I want him out. I want him out that door now.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-17-2019, 10:48 AM
He wasn't jumping around much on Sunday
Whenever the camera showed him, the man was just standing there grimacing
A Peseta for his thoughts

Sir C
09-17-2019, 10:49 AM
He wasn't jumping around much on Sunday
Whenever the camera showed him, the man was just standing there grimacing
A Peseta for his thoughts

You pay him a peseta. He tells you his thoughts.

Are you going to be any the wiser?

Pat Vegas
I was unwilling to make any sort of judgement last season. Give him 12 months so that we can see what he's trying to do was my view.

I've seen what he's trying to do, and quite clearly what he's trying to do is to suck all the vitality and joy out of our football club, like some sort of Iberian vampyre.

Enough, as Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand told us, is enough. I want him out. I want him out that door now.

You mean you do not enjoy our way of stuggling to get out of our own area with risky and needless passes? and the only points we ever get is because Aubamayeng or Lacazette score?

Sir C
You mean you do not enjoy our way of stuggling to get out of our own area with risky and needless passes? and the only points we ever get is because Aubamayeng or Lacazette score?

I know, I'm completely unreasonable, aren't I?

Pat Vegas
09-17-2019, 10:58 AM
I know, I'm completely unreasonable, aren't I?

Emery is going to insist on it isn't he :-( he's doomed. it may work occasionally at the Emirates but better to drop it now. or at least drop it when you are 2-0 up

Just Trent
09-17-2019, 11:03 AM
Quite the achievement from Louise, to have raised Mustafi's stock within a couple of games.

:nod: We feared he was bad, we’d hoped we might be wrong. But no, he’s embarrassingly awful. Being a massive Chelsea **** means he’s missed out on the usual trial period and gone straight to judgement.

Verdict: get rid. :judge:

barrybueno
09-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Henry and Adams combo imo.

A fúcking disaster waiting to happen, of course, but there would be plenty of passion and speeeerit, no doubt.

I'd go Sol and Adams, proper lunatic asylum double act right there.

Also Sol could quite easily sort out Brexit in his spare time and Adams is a genius at boardroom level, this needs to happen!

barrybueno
09-17-2019, 11:59 AM

Was that a bit of Gloria Gaynor thrown in as well there? :clap:

Ash
09-17-2019, 12:45 PM
I also think Pepe isn't going to be very good :-(

At first he looked like the £72m Iwobi. Now he's the £72m Gervinho. :-(

Monty92
09-17-2019, 12:48 PM
At first he looked like the £72m Iwobi. Now he's the £72m Gervinho. :-(

You thought I was joking, didn't you :(

Ash
09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
You thought I was joking, didn't you :(

We'll still be paying his mortage off after we've paid off the stadium.