PDA

View Full Version : Going to take the Mrs away for her Birthday in March. Just a long weekend somewhere.

Rich
09-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Any tips for that time of year? Was thinking the Scottish Highlands, potentially.

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Any tips for that time of year? Was thinking the Scottish Highlands, potentially.

Will that not be awfully cold and wet?

I find Southern Europe is perfect for that time of year. A nice bit of warmth and sunshine a good month or so before we get it in our northern climes.

Sir C
09-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Faversham's nice.

Rich
09-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Will that not be awfully cold and wet?

I find Southern Europe is perfect for that time of year. A nice bit of warmth and sunshine a good month or so before we get it in our northern climes.

Hmm, went cycling in Mallorca last March. The weather was awful. Perhaps the Canary Islands would offer more promise & I have never been there before.

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Faversham's nice.

Risk of bumping into Monty knocking one out in his local butcher, though. :-(

Also, Shepherd Neame :-(

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Hmm, went cycling in Mallorca last March. The weather was awful. Perhaps the Canary Islands would offer more promise & I have never been there before.

The Canaries? Are they not crawling with our more chavular brethren?

IUFG
09-02-2019, 10:49 AM

Yes.

Shame really.

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote used to be a lovely little port with a couple of beaches. You could get the ferry to Fuerteventura for the day...

Now it's been Tomas Cooked :-(

Sir C
09-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Risk of bumping into Monty knocking one out in his local butcher, though. :-(

Also, Shepherd Neame :-(

I'm off down the souith of France for a long weekend and bástard BA have cancelled my bástard flights, haven't they?

My option was to re-book with Easyjet. Fúck that. I'm going to drive instead :cloud9:

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:52 AM
I'm off down the souith of France for a long weekend and bástard BA have cancelled my bástard flights, haven't they?

My option was to re-book with Easyjet. Fúck that. I'm going to drive instead :cloud9:

Does that not mean building in a couple more days?

IUFG
09-02-2019, 10:52 AM
I'm going to drive instead :cloud9:

Fúck that.

Was there not an alternative from Schiphol?

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Loads of russian fellas in Tenerife when I was there.

Sir C
09-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Fúck that.

Was there not an alternative from Schiphol?

Fúck that, that would take forever.

An hour to the tunnel, 30 minutes to Calais, 9 hours from Calais, bosh. Almost as quick as flying, door to door. And no Easyjet!

Sir C
09-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Does that not mean building in a couple more days?

No, it's only 700 miles. Knock it off overnight.

IUFG
09-02-2019, 10:57 AM
And no Easyjet!

I'll grant you that.

Some decent scenery when driving, I suppose

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:58 AM
No, it's only 700 miles. Knock it off overnight.

You have to remember that you are no longer in your 20s, don't take drugs anymore and are customarily tucked up in bo-bo by 9pm.

Sir C
09-02-2019, 11:02 AM
You have to remember that you are no longer in your 20s, don't take drugs anymore and are customarily tucked up in bo-bo by 9pm.

Meh. Driving is still my natural condition.

Audiobook until Lyon, then once through the city and safely onto the Autoroute du Soleil, start blasting some music for the final 3 hour push.

Burney
09-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Audiobook until Lyon, then once through the city and safely onto the Autoroute du Soleil, start blasting some music for the final 3 hour push.

What about doing wee-wees?

Burney
09-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Anyway, this is my next audiobook purchase. Quite excited for it. Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, though.

https://www.audible.co.uk/search?keywords=dominion+tom+holland&ref=

IUFG
09-02-2019, 11:08 AM
... start blasting some music for the final 3 hour push.

oh god, it's going to be that dreary, dull Bruce Springsteen, isn't it?

Burney
09-02-2019, 11:19 AM
oh god, it's going to be that dreary, dull Bruce Springsteen, isn't it?

I can't believe people have bankrolled and made a film about an Indian fellow having his life shaped by Bruce Springsteen. There's something very wrong with a world in which that can happen. :-(

barrybueno
09-02-2019, 11:34 AM
I'll grant you that.

Some decent scenery when driving, I suppose

Sounds an awful lot to ask from a 1.8 Toyota Prius though tbh.

IUFG
09-02-2019, 11:54 AM
I can't believe people have bankrolled and made a film about an Indian fellow having his life shaped by Bruce Springsteen. There's something very wrong with a world in which that can happen. :-(

There are people out there that will actually pay to watch it too smh

Viva Prat Vegas
09-02-2019, 12:10 PM
:hehe:

Sir C might have a comeback before five