PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I've ever been this depressed at the start of a season.

Sir C
09-02-2019, 09:51 AM
What a load of unreconstructed cobblers that was.

He's had over 12 months now and there is absolutely no sign of a personality, an ethos, a style, even.

Our results reflect the way we play: mediocre, mediocre, mediocre.

He won't get us relegated, I grant you, but then neither would Fat Sam, and his appointment would at least have been amusing. And cheap.

In short, I am unhappy with the current manager. There you have it.

Carry on.

Rich
09-02-2019, 09:54 AM

He's had over 12 months now and there is absolutely no sign of a personality, an ethos, a style, even.

He won't get us relegated, I grant you, but then neither would Fat Sam, and his appointment would at least have been amusing. And cheap.

Carry on.

Have you warmed to any of our players, Sir C? I find Lacazette a likeable sort and he looks great in the Club Suit. Guendouzi also appears to be developing into a good player. Only 20 years old too.

Burney
09-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Carry on.

I'm very much enjoying the return of the long ball to Arsenal football, with David Luiz being the new Paul Davis.

barrybueno
09-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Carry on.

Same here :-( Although it's got absolutely fúck all to do with football :hehe:

On the Arsenal playing front I don't think much has changed really, you liked the old manager and don't like this one which I'd say is the difference in how you feel.

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Same here :-( Although it's got absolutely fúck all to do with football :hehe:

On the Arsenal playing front I don't think much has changed really, you liked the old manager and don't like this one which I'd say is the difference in how you feel.

He was making a number of very silly faces yesterday that I felt were wholly incompatible with his role as Manager of Arsenal Football Club. Also, he still can't speak anything resembling English. And he looks rodenty.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Yes, the chin-scratching "What do I do now?" head raised slightly upwards was not his finest look.

barrybueno
09-02-2019, 10:16 AM
He was making a number of very silly faces yesterday that I felt were wholly incompatible with his role as Manager of Arsenal Football Club. Also, he still can't speak anything resembling English. And he looks rodenty.

I don't think the manager cam thing was the greatest idea ever tbh.

Burney
09-02-2019, 10:32 AM
I don't think the manager cam thing was the greatest idea ever tbh.

I miss the days when all we had to complain about with our manager's appearance was his inability to tie even a half-Windsor and an unfortunate penchant for those dreadful sleeping bag coats.

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 10:54 AM

Carry on.

Have we ever given a team a good battering under Emery?

IUFG
09-02-2019, 10:55 AM

At least he wasn't fumbling about with his winkie through his tracksuit.

Like the second-coming that is Pochettino...

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Carry on.
:hehe: This sort of nonsense reminds me of Jorge belittling the most successful manager in British football because he didn't have a "philosophy"

WES
09-02-2019, 12:10 PM
:hehe: This sort of nonsense reminds me of Jorge belittling the most successful manager in British football because he didn't have a "philosophy"

Good spot, although at least Jorge was being bitter about a hated rival - and there was much to hate.

The crap Charles is coming out with is about a relatively new manager who has clearly improved our club and brought about much needed change. Mind you, some people just can't accept change. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Good spot, although at least Jorge was being bitter about a hated rival - and there was much to hate.

The crap Charles is coming out with is about a relatively new manager who has clearly improved our club and brought about much needed change. Mind you, some people just can't accept change. :shrug:

Only quibble I would have with yesterday was bringing on Henrik - seemed odd given we allowed him to leave today.

Slightly at odds with that though (and I am sure Emery had little say in the matter), letting Monreal leave before the game was a shame

WES
09-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Only quibble I would have with yesterday was bringing on Henrik - seemed odd given we allowed him to leave today.

Slightly at odds with that though (and I am sure Emery had little say in the matter), letting Monreal leave before the game was a shame

Well, I seem to be one of the few that actually rate Mikki so I had no issue with it, until I found out he was leaving :-|

I said as much to Master WES re Monreal. Why on earth not agree to him moving after the match? Made no sense to me given how Kola has struggled as a LB with 4 at the back.

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Well, I seem to be one of the few that actually rate Mikki so I had no issue with it, until I found out he was leaving :-|

I said as much to Master WES re Monreal. Why on earth not agree to him moving after the match? Made no sense to me given how Kola has struggled as a LB with 4 at the back.
I'm a fan too - would rather have kept him at least til January. Don't know how much these transfers are about trimming wages, but least it guarantees more time for Nelson and hopefully Saka in the CC and Europa

PSRB
09-02-2019, 12:29 PM

As I said at end of last season, if Kolasanic could cross we would have comfortably been top 4 and again yesterday, his final ball was poor. If there's a player that just needs to practice something again and again, it's his crossing

WES
09-02-2019, 12:30 PM
I'm a fan too - would rather have kept him at least til January. Don't know how much these transfers are about trimming wages, but least it guarantees more time for Nelson and hopefully Saka in the CC and Europa

Nelson I am unsure about.

Willock, on the other hand :eat:

Ash
09-02-2019, 12:32 PM

Ensuring no injury? Mr Wheeler-Dealer Raul banking a favour with a club/agent in return for some future ducking and diving imo.

WES
09-02-2019, 12:32 PM
As I said at end of last season, if Kolasanic could cross we would have comfortably been top 4 and again yesterday, his final ball was poor. If there's a player that just needs to practice something again and again, it's his crossing

Yes, it's weakest point which given the state of his defending is saying something.

Also, staying onside really isn't *that* hard when you're playing LB and can look back across the pitch as you make your run.

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2019, 12:33 PM

First half of last season he created a lot - also created a lot of goals/chances in Germany

Ash
09-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Someone told me that they are paying all his wages. So ten million saved right there. We can buy another Guendouzi with that and get change.

PSRB
09-02-2019, 12:36 PM
First half of last season he created a lot - also created a lot of goals/chances in Germany

Pity he didn't do it in 2nd half of last season and yesterday. I'll cut him a bit of slack as his 1st game of the season

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Pity he didn't do it in 2nd half of last season and yesterday. I'll cut him a bit of slack as his 1st game of the season

Oh yeah - no denying he went downhill, quite odd though

Sir C
09-02-2019, 12:42 PM

But I know that you know that an identity is important :shrug: And chucking jorge into the issue is a cheap trick and entirely beneath you.

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 01:06 PM

I think he sometimes waits just a second too long and the other players end up ahead or it goes behind allowing the opposition to break in a frieghtning manner.

IUFG
09-02-2019, 01:15 PM

I was extremely disappoint in his role as Peacemaker when the handbags started...

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 01:19 PM
I was extremely disappoint in his role as Peacemaker when the handbags started...

he probably can't get any joy out of it. I did like when Sokratis decided to just become a rhino for a few moments.

though when it kicked off it all seemed a bit half arsed.