PDA

View Full Version : Has this Pepe chap ever hit the target?

Just Trent
09-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Has Mykhitaryan ever moved faster than a traffic cone? finally, what sort of **** leaves Ceballos on the bench for 60 mins?

bbrian
09-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Has Mykhitaryan ever moved faster than a traffic cone? finally, what sort of **** leaves Ceballos on the bench for 60 mins?

Pepe was likely tired at the end and would have been subbed if Unai hadn't botched the previous substitution

Just Trent
09-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Pepe was likely tired at the end and would have been subbed if Unai hadn't botched the previous substitution

He’s got some lovely touches. He still looks quite raw though. Which is a little disappointing given what he cost.

Pokster
09-02-2019, 06:50 AM

Well seeing as he had a shot saved in the first half, and also had at least 1 saved last week , then yes, he has hit the target :rolleyes:

WES
09-02-2019, 07:51 AM

Does supporting Arsenal always bring this much joy to your life?

Gwendoozi was outstanding, what a talented young player we have there. We looked the better team, I thought, can't wait until we have our starting fullbacks in the team, not to mention Holding back. It's early but top four looks very promising.

Lots of tactical options, lots of team selection options, be interesting to see what Unai does. Great fun supporting Arsenal right now. :cloud9:

PSRB
09-02-2019, 07:55 AM

Fairly sure he forced 2 excellent saves from Lloris, he's going to be some player, just needs a goal.

Mhiki is awful and hopefully we **** him off to Roma today.

PSRB
09-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Does supporting Arsenal always bring this much joy to your life?

Gwendoozi was outstanding, what a talented young player we have there. We looked the better team, I thought, can't wait until we have our starting fullbacks in the team, not to mention Holding back. It's early but top four looks very promising.

Lots of tactical options, lots of team selection options, be interesting to see what Unai does. Great fun supporting Arsenal right now. :cloud9:

I have to say, that I'm a lot more hopeful than I have been for a while. As you say Gwen was fantastic and get a proper defence and we'll be right up there.

Xhaka is an idiot, which is a shame as other than that stupid foul, I thought he had a good game.

Just Trent
09-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Mhiki is awful and hopefully we **** him off to Roma today.

Apparently he’s in Rome right now :cloud9: Hopefully that’ll give Nelson and Saka a genuine opportunity this season. Bit odd that he came on yesterday at all.

PSRB
09-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Apparently he’s in Rome right now :cloud9: Hopefully that’ll give Nelson and Saka a genuine opportunity this season. Bit odd that he came on yesterday at all.

Odd? It was lunacy

WES
09-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I have to say, that I'm a lot more hopeful than I have been for a while. As you say Gwen was fantastic and get a proper defence and we'll be right up there.

Xhaka is an idiot, which is a shame as other than that stupid foul, I thought he had a good game.

He had a good game on the ball, not great but good. Off the ball however he was absolutely shocking. Quite how he didn't get a yellow until late in the game I don't know, many refs would have had him off. He's just so slow and such a bad tackler that playing him in the middle against good teams is just asking for trouble.

And as you say, he's an idiot, there is no other explanation for that tackle.

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Odd? It was lunacy

I'd rather have had Martinelli on.

Pat Vegas
09-02-2019, 08:32 AM
He had a good game on the ball, not great but good. Off the ball however he was absolutely shocking. Quite how he didn't get a yellow until late in the game I don't know, many refs would have had him off. He's just so slow and such a bad tackler that playing him in the middle against good teams is just asking for trouble.

And as you say, he's an idiot, there is no other explanation for that tackle.

:nod: I thought he was gonna get sent off when he got booked as I assumed he already had one.

IUFG
09-02-2019, 08:36 AM

ISTR it took both Henry and Dennis a few games before they scored for The Arsenal.

And perhaps the Mkhi substitution was giving him an opportunity to say 'goodbye' - although I wasn't there so couldn't comment on his actions at the end. He'll not be missed btw.

IUFG
09-02-2019, 08:37 AM
:nod: I thought he was gonna get sent off when he got booked as I assumed he already had one.

#metoo

he's a leeeetel beeet of a cretin

Ash
09-02-2019, 08:57 AM

Seb iOS had a poor game against Liverpool.

Hopefully Pepys will get going properly soon but at the moment he looks like one of those annoyingly skilful players that doesn't move the ball on fast/well enough and loses it. Like a £72m Iwobi. I think he did get the assist for AL's goal tbf.

Ash
09-02-2019, 08:58 AM
#metoo

he's a leeeetel beeet of a cretin

Like Mustafi. I wonder what they might have in common? :hide:

Burney
09-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Seb iOS had a poor game against Liverpool.

Hopefully Pepys will get going properly soon but at the moment he looks like one of those annoyingly skilful players that doesn't move the ball on fast/well enough and loses it. Like a £72m Iwobi. I think he did get the assist for AL's goal tbf.

Nothing I have seen thus far is convincing me that Peep is anything other than overpriced dogshít.

Mind you, I've only watched about 15 minutes of our games this season. And he wasn't playing in one of them. But still. Dogshít.

Emery out.

Rich
09-02-2019, 09:28 AM
Nothing I have seen thus far is convincing me that Peep is anything other than overpriced dogshít.

Mind you, I've only watched about 15 minutes of our games this season. And he wasn't playing in one of them. But still. Dogshít.

Emery out.

He has a 'trademark' free kick routine :cloud9: Not sure we've ever had one of those.