PDA

View Full Version : Anderson's out of the series.

Burney
08-30-2019, 01:18 PM
To be fair, I'd rather that than they'd risked him at OT.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2019, 01:31 PM
To be fair, I'd rather that than they'd risked him at OT.

Yep - wanted him to be fit but at least it is decisive now. Not sure about Overton - not even picked the good brother. I know I am biased but Toby Roland Jones is in cracking form and is faster (probably), a better bat and has played a big part in winning a couple of Tests. Not sure of the thinking there. Couple of other bowlers I would look at before Overton as well

Burney
08-30-2019, 01:50 PM
Yep - wanted him to be fit but at least it is decisive now. Not sure about Overton - not even picked the good brother. I know I am biased but Toby Roland Jones is in cracking form and is faster (probably), a better bat and has played a big part in winning a couple of Tests. Not sure of the thinking there. Couple of other bowlers I would look at before Overton as well

I don't imagine for a moment that Overton will actually get a game, to be fair. I'd say he's a poor third after Woakes and Curran for that slot.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2019, 01:52 PM
I don't imagine for a moment that Overton will actually get a game, to be fair. I'd say he's a poor third after Woakes and Curran for that slot.

Oh, of course not. Still seems like a strange choice

barrybueno
08-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Oh, of course not. Still seems like a strange choice

Clearly picked for his very crickety sounding name imo

Burney
08-30-2019, 01:55 PM
Clearly picked for his very crickety sounding name imo

Good point, bb. Clearly trying to advertise himself as an all-rounder, too.

Ash
08-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Good point, bb. Clearly trying to advertise himself as an all-rounder, too.

Whether it is felt reasonable to consider him depends on the size of the Overton window.

Burney
08-30-2019, 02:21 PM
Whether it is felt reasonable to consider him depends on the size of the Overton window.

Played, a.

Tony C
08-30-2019, 02:35 PM
If you think England have issues...

Rahkeem Cornwall starting the 2nd test for West Indies vs India.

:clap: