PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain why calling people "trecherous" is inciting violence and

Monty92
08-28-2019, 11:31 AM
totally beyond the pale, but calling someone a "dictator" is totally fine, as if there's no precedent for people responding violently to dictatorships?

Ash
08-28-2019, 11:34 AM
Usually only furrin leaders are called dictators, whether they are dictators or not.

Burney
08-28-2019, 11:38 AM
totally beyond the pale, but calling someone a "dictator" is totally fine, as if there's no precedent for people responding violently to dictatorships?

It's beyond the pale because that's not how you spell it.

I must say, though, Remainers' rhetoric today is particularly amusing. I just looked in at The Guardian's comments section and I haven't seen such despair and hysteria since the day after the referendum.

PSRB
08-28-2019, 11:41 AM
It's beyond the pale because that's not how you spell it.

I must say, though, Remainers' rhetoric today is particularly amusing. I just looked in at The Guardian's comments section and I haven't seen such despair and hysteria since the day after the referendum.

Twitter is doing a madness :hehe:

Burney
08-28-2019, 11:45 AM

The best thing is that they're doing exactly what Cummings wants them to. Anyone who has read up on him should know that his whole 'OODA Loop' strategy is to constantly keep your opponent off balance, have them react to you rather than pursue their strategy and thus force them into taking unwelcome positions.

WES
08-28-2019, 11:53 AM

I just realised that Ian Harvey and Jorge will be on the same side on this one.

Now that would be a sight to see :hehe:

WES
08-28-2019, 11:55 AM

So Monty, we should we now consign your predictions on how this was going to play out to the dustbin of political history once and for all?

Monty92
08-28-2019, 12:01 PM
So Monty, we should we now consign your predictions on how this was going to play out to the dustbin of political history once and for all?

Hold yer horses.

If - and it's obviously a big f*cking if - Boris *did* end up bringing back any kind of revised deal, that bad boy is getting through Parliament, as I always predicted :shrug:

WES
08-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Hold yer horses.

If - and it's obviously a big f*cking if - Boris *did* end up bringing back any kind of revised deal, that bad boy is getting through Parliament, as I always predicted :shrug:

:hehe: No, you predicted - endlessly - that May's deal was going to get through.

When in a hole, Monty.

Monty92
08-28-2019, 12:34 PM
:hehe: No, you predicted - endlessly - that May's deal was going to get through.

When in a hole, Monty.

If a deal did go through before 31 October, it would be May's deal with amendments.

PSRB
08-28-2019, 12:48 PM
The best thing is that they're doing exactly what Cummings wants them to. Anyone who has read up on him should know that his whole 'OODA Loop' strategy is to constantly keep your opponent off balance, have them react to you rather than pursue their strategy and thus force them into taking unwelcome positions.

I see a petition has been started :hehe:

Tony C
08-28-2019, 01:00 PM

:clap: