PDA

View Full Version : Luton Town

The Insider
08-21-2019, 09:03 AM
In common with most people of my vintage, I despise Luton Town with avengence. Hence I am apoplectic with rage that they have adoptred our kit as their away strip - total and utter ****s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49326868

Just Trent
08-21-2019, 09:27 AM
In common with most people of my vintage, I despise Luton Town with avengence. Hence I am apoplectic with rage that they have adoptred our kit as their away strip - total and utter ****s.

Just Puma recycling their old Arsenal kit designs for another team. Waste not, want not imo

IUFG
08-21-2019, 10:26 AM

:rotherhamunited:

Ash
08-21-2019, 10:53 AM
:rotherhamunited:

Acksherly, you might find that Rotherham wore the famous red and white before Arsenal did.

I may once have spend some time nerding around that rather interesting historic kits site.

Luis Anaconda
08-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Acksherly, you might find that Rotherham wore the famous red and white before Arsenal did.

I may once have spend some time nerding around that rather interesting historic kits site.

Still not excuse for pretending they play home games in New York

IUFG
08-21-2019, 11:36 AM

So, The Arsenal adopted white sleeves in 1933 whilst Rotheram United did so in 1947 :sherlock:

This is according to the, (one assumes) highly accurate www.historicalkits.co.uk

Ash
08-21-2019, 11:55 AM
So, The Arsenal adopted white sleeves in 1933 whilst Rotheram United did so in 1947 :sherlock:

This is according to the, (one assumes) highly accurate www.historicalkits.co.uk

Um, they must have edited the site since I saw it. :nicosia:

barrybueno
08-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Um, they must have edited the site since I saw it. :nicosia:

Rotherham United, nickname: The Mandarin Ducks

Tony C
08-21-2019, 12:22 PM
About lower league clubs.

Will be attending a birthday party for a Stoke City fan in a few weeks.

Loads of Stok-ies will be there.

Quite looking forward to it to be honest with you.

Nice people & always treated me fairly.

but I’m hoping they don’t win any more games between now and then so I can bust out my compass joke ie what do stoke and compass have in common? They both got 4 points :clap:

Ash
08-21-2019, 12:37 PM

but I’m hoping they don’t win any more games between now and then so I can bust out my compass joke ie what do stoke and compass have in common? They both got 4 points :clap:

Only 4 cardinal points, to be ecclesiastically picky about it. A compass can theoretically have any number of points within the range n^2, as I'm sure the Stokies would be quick to point out.

Point. Ha ha.

I'm sure Stokies are ok outside of the Barad-dûr Bowl, or whatever it's called now. I worked on some industrial chimney design software for a company in Stoke. Long ago before Thatcher stole all the factories.

IUFG
08-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Only 4 cardinal points, to be ecclesiastically picky about it. A compass can theoretically have any number of points within the range n^2, as I'm sure the Stokies would be quick to point out.

Point. Ha ha.

I'm sure Stokies are ok outside of the Barad-dûr Bowl, or whatever it's called now. I worked on some industrial chimney design software for a company in Stoke. Long ago before Thatcher came and stole all the factories.

Shelley's Laserdome.

Went there two or three times in the 80/90s....

It was certainly an *ahem* interesting place

barrybueno
08-21-2019, 01:12 PM

Whatever you do don't mention Aaron Ramsey's snapped leg, it might offend them.

Luis Anaconda
08-21-2019, 02:41 PM

I've a friend who is a Stoke fan and went drinking with him and some of his mates pre the semi-final a few years back (season they lost to City in the final I guess). All good lads and none of the animosity towards Arsenal that you get from the terraces (or, more pertinently, these days, online)