PDA

View Full Version : What lovely weather for summer

Pat Vegas
08-19-2019, 12:27 PM
it's ****ing awful,

PSRB
08-19-2019, 12:33 PM
it's ****ing awful,

Tell me about it, just back from 2 weeks of stunning weather in Portugal.....and it's pissing down

Mind you, they are saying the bank holiday should be nice

IUFG
08-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Tell me about it, just back from 2 weeks of stunning weather in Portugal.....and it's pissing down

you're in fúcking Manchester, p, what do you expect?

:drizzle:

PSRB
08-19-2019, 12:42 PM
you're in fúcking Manchester, p, what do you expect?

:drizzle:

Even for Manchester, this summer has been awful. Twice we've had Met Office severe weather warnings that exclusively covered Greater Manchester :hehe:

Ash
08-19-2019, 12:48 PM
it's ****ing awful,

I wouldn't mind if we had wet days and dry days - but rain every swutting day! :shout:

I left to walk in this morning and it immediately started. Pfft, drizzle, I thought, and so it rained hard. I got on a bus and it stopped raining. Popped into the British Museum at lunch to gorp at the Rothschild collection and as i came out down it came.

Luckily I had the last laugh because by the time it was monsooning it down I was safely back in the office. :hehe: :driving: :vsign:

Pat Vegas
08-19-2019, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't mind if we had wet days and dry days - but rain every swutting day! :shout:

I left to walk in this morning and it immediately started. Pfft, drizzle, I thought, and so it rained hard. I got on a bus and it stopped raining. Popped into the British Museum at lunch to gorp at the Rothschild collection and as i came out down it came.

Luckily I had the last laugh because by the time it was monsooning it down I was safely back in the office. :hehe: :driving: :vsign:

April showers style.
though one positive is the temperature is low at night so I can get a decent kip.

Luis Anaconda
08-19-2019, 01:27 PM

Rob McKenna - is that you?

Ash
08-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Rob McKenna - is that you?

:hehe: Indeed.

Had friends down from the North at the weekend. Managed to take them to six Highgate pubs, including The Spaniards. Prince of Wales was rocking on Saturday night - Steve Diggle from the Buzzcocks is a regular, by the look of it. He must have sold more records than I thought.

Our guests weren't so impressed with the £20 roasts in the Red Lion and Sun the next day. Especially the £8 service for slapping down a couple of plates. Table service indeed. Hmmph.

WES
08-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Had friends down from the North at the weekend. Managed to take them to six Highgate pubs, including The Spaniards. Prince of Wales was rocking on Saturday night - Steve Diggle from the Buzzcocks is a regular, by the look of it. He must have sold more records than I thought.

Our guests weren't so impressed with the £20 roasts in the Red Lion and Sun the next day. Especially the £8 service for slapping down a couple of plates. Table service indeed. Hmmph.

I know northerners love to go on about the prices down south but when I'm in the Lakes the pubs and restaurants all seem to be charging London prices. :shrug:

PSRB
08-19-2019, 02:27 PM
I know northerners love to go on about the prices down south but when I'm in the Lakes the pubs and restaurants all seem to be charging London prices. :shrug:

Manchester local pubs, you're looking at £3-3.80 for lager, £2.20-£3.00 for a bitter, clearly city centre will be more expensive and Wetherspoons cheaper.

Ash
08-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Not quite Highgate prices, I find. Though you might attend more upmarket establishments than me in t'Lakes.

Luis Anaconda
08-19-2019, 02:52 PM

Yeah - Red Lion was never the cheapest. Nice to know the Prince is doing well though. May even get back to London before the end of the year

Sir C
08-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Not quite Highgate prices, I find. Though you might attend more upmarket establishments than me in t'Lakes.

:nod: £3.00 a pint in the Newfield Inn, for example.

IUFG
08-19-2019, 02:57 PM
:nod: £3.00 a pint in the Newfield Inn, for example.

£5.75 for a pint of Peroni in my local.

taking the fúcking rise, imo...

WES
08-19-2019, 03:05 PM

A good food place in t'Lakes seems about the same as in Surrey; I'm actually out of touch with London prices. Beer a bit cheaper but not miles. A good ale in the Drunken Duck was just over 4 quid, I think. Lager slightly more.

Which is pretty much what my local in Surrey charges.

Ash
08-19-2019, 03:09 PM
£5.75 for a pint of Peroni in my local.

taking the fúcking rise, imo...

Wages should be index linked to beer prices imo.

Ash
08-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Wages should be index linked to beer prices imo.

EDIT : And I'm no longer surprised to be charged north of six quid for a larger.

IUFG
08-19-2019, 03:14 PM
EDIT : And I'm no longer surprised to be charged north of six quid for a larger.

Last time i was in O'Neills on Euston Road (probably two years ago) Peroni was £6.05 a pint.

What a fúcking awkward price too.

PSRB
08-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Last time i was in O'Neills on Euston Road (probably two years ago) Peroni was £6.05 a pint.

What a fúcking awkward price too.

£5.50 for a pint of Estrella in a bar near me, I was paying under €2 for it in Portugal last week

IUFG
08-19-2019, 03:20 PM
£5.50 for a pint of Estrella in a bar near me, I was paying under €2 for it in Portugal last week

Estrella? Barcelona filth imo.

Sagres / Superbock a betterer choice, no?

WES
08-19-2019, 03:20 PM

https://www.oldstamphouse.com/

Last time I was oop I ate here - very good but prices were what I would expect to pay in Surrey

PSRB
08-19-2019, 03:31 PM
Estrella? Barcelona filth imo.

Sagres / Superbock a betterer choice, no?

For some reason the local sports bar only does Estrella in various guises in pints. Sagres/SuperBock we have back at the apartment or if visiting other bars. I have no issue with any of them, all cheap and very pleasant lagers

Ash
08-19-2019, 03:57 PM
https://www.oldstamphouse.com/

Last time I was oop I ate here - very good but prices were what I would expect to pay in Surrey

Yup. Looks way past my station.

The kind of place where I'd have to go out and find some chips afterwards to top up the smears and gestures on the plate pretending to be a meal. :-)

IUFG
08-19-2019, 04:24 PM
Yup. Looks way past my station.

£9 for a slither of cheesecake and ice-cream?

In the North?

Fúck that.

Hardly dining at the Burj al Arab, is it?