PDA

View Full Version : Twice in the space of a few days I have watched the first half

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:06 AM
of a Chelsea match.

On both occasions Chelsea have been far the better team and have played some nice football.

On both occasions I have checked later and found that Chelsea lost.

On both occasions I have *gulp* found myself feeling sorry for Chelsea.

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Pat Vegas
08-15-2019, 08:09 AM
of a Chelsea match.

On both occasions Chelsea have been far the better team and have played some nice football.

bit like how we can be on occassion?

no so much recently.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:15 AM
of a Chelsea match.

I don't even particularly dislike Chelsea these days. Even United don't irk me much. And I'm almost completely ambivalent about City.

The only teams I actively despise and upon whom I wish nothing but terrible things these days are Tottenham (obvs) and Liverpool.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:15 AM
bit like how we can be on occassion?

no so much recently.

They just don't have anyone detestable in their ranks any more. No Drogba, no Cole, no Lurch. It's horrible that they're hard to hate.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:17 AM
I don't even particularly dislike Chelsea these days. Even United don't irk me much. And I'm almost completely ambivalent about City.

The only teams I actively despise and upon whom I wish nothing but terrible things these days are Tottenham (obvs) and Liverpool.

I find City incredibly offensive for having utterly destroyed football by buying it. I know Abramovich started it, but City have just been utterly ridiculous.

Monty92
08-15-2019, 08:23 AM
I find City incredibly offensive for having utterly destroyed football by buying it. I know Abramovich started it, but City have just been utterly ridiculous.

Errr, mate, we just bought the new Glenn Helder for about £100 million pounds

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:26 AM

Yes. With money we have generated. Given that every club in the league, from Manchester United to Lincoln City, has the opportunity to generate exactly the same amount of money, this is by definition a level playing field.

But you know that. You just want to poke your big, mischievous nose in, you naughty boy.

Pat Vegas
08-15-2019, 08:28 AM

I can't even watch highlights of them. I find it very boring.

Though for all their money they spent they should win more really but they don't.

Pat Vegas
08-15-2019, 08:29 AM
They just don't have anyone detestable in their ranks any more. No Drogba, no Cole, no Lurch. It's horrible that they're hard to hate.

I wasn't very fond of Hazard.
something about him.

at most Azpilicueta annoys me. only because of the comentators saying his name not for anything he has done

Monty92
08-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Yes. With money we have generated. Given that every club in the league, from Manchester United to Lincoln City, has the opportunity to generate exactly the same amount of money, this is by definition a level playing field.

But you know that. You just want to poke your big, mischievous nose in, you naughty boy.

Yes and I'm sure fans of Huddersfield Town are impressed by our self-sustainable model and parsimonious transfer activity.

You know what you f*cking need? A lesson in white privilege, mate.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:37 AM
I wasn't very fond of Hazard.
something about him.

at most Azpilicueta annoys me. only because of the comentators saying his name not for anything he has done

Mickey Hazard? Proper wánker he was.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Oh, I despise the club in principle and hate what they've done, but I don't really hate them on the pitch. Indeed, if it comes down to a choice between them and most of the other likely winners, I'd choose them, since their unfair financial advantage means that I don't really think of their achievements as counting.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:39 AM
Yes and I'm sure fans of Huddersfield Town are impressed by our self-sustainable model and parsimonious transfer activity.

You know what you f*cking need? A lesson in white privilege, mate.

I'm the one being oppressed by the Zionist Rothschild banking konspiracy. Don't talk to me about 'privilege' when you people run the media, the arts, the banks and government.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:40 AM

As far as I can make out, we haven't so much bought his as taken out a mortgage for him.

Monty92
08-15-2019, 08:45 AM
As far as I can make out, we haven't so much bought his as taken out a mortgage for him.

That's fine. I, too, would bet my mortgage on him being an abortion of a signing.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:49 AM
That's fine. I, too, would bet my mortgage on him being an abortion of a signing.

I didn't like the way he came on the other day and just fúcking minced about like a big gay baby. :-(

I expect a record signing to appear and immediately impose himself. Anything else is abject failure.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Mickey Hazard? Proper wánker he was.

Isn't he a taxi driver now?

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
I didn't like the way he came on the other day and just fúcking minced about like a big gay baby. :-(

I expect a record signing to appear and immediately impose himself. Anything else is abject failure.

Is there some stickball on to enrage you today? :-(

If you tell your doctor what the crickets do to your mental state I bet he'd prescribe you some valium.

Burney
08-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Is there some stickball on to enrage you today? :-(

If you tell your doctor what the crickets do to your mental state I bet he'd prescribe you some valium.

There is. In fact, I'm supposed to be going on Saturday, but it may well rain, in which case we shall go and have a nice lunch somewhere.

I have no need of valium. I'm high on life.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:58 AM
There is. In fact, I'm supposed to be going on Saturday, but it may well rain, in which case we shall go and have a nice lunch somewhere.

I have no need of valium. I'm high on life.

On Saturday I feast.

Today I find I have lost half a stone in 3 weeks. The dieting therefore ends in 48 hours.

I have ordered a kilo of ribeye and 200 grams of beef fat from the butcher. I shall use this to make cheeseburgers. These cheeseburgers will be served with chips.

Cheeseburgers. With chips.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Isn't he a taxi driver now?

I don't know, but I doesn't he occasionally pop up and have a pop at us in the media? I'm sure I've seen squeals of outrage about him.

Burney
08-15-2019, 09:04 AM
On Saturday I feast.

Today I find I have lost half a stone in 3 weeks. The dieting therefore ends in 48 hours.

I have ordered a kilo of ribeye and 200 grams of beef fat from the butcher. I shall use this to make cheeseburgers. These cheeseburgers will be served with chips.

Cheeseburgers. With chips.

I'm now starting to fit comfortably into things that have been opressively tight until recently. This is always a major boost.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, remember. ;-)

Sir C
08-15-2019, 09:07 AM
I'm now starting to fit comfortably into things that have been opressively tight until recently. This is always a major boost.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, remember. ;-)

Each burger is going to consist of two patties, each of a quarter of a pound or 113 grams. There will be a plastic cheese slice melted between them and a cheese sauce over the top, grilled to crispiness in places.

There will be chips. Did I mention chips?

Burney
08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
Each burger is going to consist of two patties, each of a quarter of a pound or 113 grams. There will be a plastic cheese slice melted between them and a cheese sauce over the top, grilled to crispiness in places.

There will be chips. Did I mention chips?

I've often wondered why cheese sauce isn't a more popular accompaniment with chips.

Are you going to put onion and dill pickles in the burgers? Burgers need pickles.

Sir C
08-15-2019, 09:13 AM
I've often wondered why cheese sauce isn't a more popular accompaniment with chips.

Are you going to put onion and dill pickles in the burgers? Burgers need pickles.

Oh yes, There will be slices of red onion and pickled gherkins to hand. And I will make my standard burger sauce, a sort of speudo-Big Mac effort.

On Sunday there will be roast potatoes.

Burney
08-15-2019, 09:16 AM
Oh yes, There will be slices of red onion and pickled gherkins to hand. And I will make my standard burger sauce, a sort of speudo-Big Mac effort.

On Sunday there will be raost potatoes.

Apparently, the pukka special sauce is:

1/4 cup mayonnaise.
1 1/2 teaspoons spicy pickle juice.
1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup.
1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

Monty92
08-15-2019, 09:18 AM

One positive aspect of my move to the seaside has been regular fish and chips.

It really is a quite marvelous meal, when all the components are cooked competently and with all obligatory accompaniments (curry sauce, mushy peas), isn't it.

Burney
08-15-2019, 09:25 AM
One positive aspect of my move to the seaside has been regular fish and chips.

It really is a quite marvelous meal, when all the components are cooked competently and with all obligatory accompaniments (curry sauce, mushy peas), isn't it.

:nod: Which is why I haven't bought it in ages, but instead make it myself. Cod loins guarantee the fish will be perfect, as does making one's own beer batter. I've mastered the art of the chip shop chip (the secret is to only fry once at a lowish heat to minimise crispness and then to leave them in a low oven to keep warm whilst anointed with malt vinegar).

Sir C
08-15-2019, 09:25 AM
Apparently, the pukka special sauce is:

1/4 cup mayonnaise.
1 1/2 teaspoons spicy pickle juice.
1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup.
1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

:nod: We must have found it in the same place. That's what I do.

Monty92
08-15-2019, 09:31 AM
:nod: Which is why I haven't bought it in ages, but instead make it myself. Cod loins guarantee the fish will be perfect, as does making one's own beer batter. I've mastered the art of the chip shop chip (the secret is to only fry once at a lowish heat to minimise crispness and then to leave them in a low oven to keep warm whilst anointed with malt vinegar).

Hmmmm.

No.

I think I'll keep outsourcing that particular culinary endeavour, if it's all the same to you.

Burney
08-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Hmmmm.

No.

I think I'll keep outsourcing that particular culinary endeavour, if it's all the same to you.

Your loss. It's dead easy and much better than you get in most chip shops. :shrug: