PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please provide me with a comprehensive list of who we've actually singed?

Burney
08-08-2019, 09:59 AM
I've lost track and frankly am finding all this transfer activity rather disconcerting and un-Arsenal-like.

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Martinelli
Saliba
Ceballos
Pepe
Tierney
Luiz
The King of Spain's Beard

Burney
08-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Martinelli
Saliba
Ceballos
Pepe
Tierney
Luiz
The King of Spain's Beard

ty la. Although I think you'll find it was Ted Drake who did the last one.

Saliva's the one we've bought, but is going to stay with his old club, right?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Dani Ceballos has already integrated himself into the Arsenal ideology

He's injured

Burney
08-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Dani Ceballos has already integrated himself into the Arsenal ideology

He's injured

Did fall down the stairs getting off the plane, ffs?

Monty92
08-08-2019, 10:28 AM
I've lost track and frankly am finding all this transfer activity rather disconcerting and un-Arsenal-like.

I'm no authority on the other lads, but I can say with absolute certainty that Pepe will be an unmitigated failure.

Burney
08-08-2019, 10:32 AM
I'm no authority on the other lads, but I can say with absolute certainty that Pepe will be an unmitigated failure.

This is a hostage to fortune, m. Your entire reputation as a chap who knows his football could be shattered by this. If he does well, you'll have to endure people telling you to get another hobby for years to come.

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2019, 10:34 AM
ty la. Although I think you'll find it was Ted Drake who did the last one.

Saliva's the one we've bought, but is going to stay with his old club, right?

That’s the one - probably the most exciting in the long term

Monty92
08-08-2019, 10:35 AM
This is a hostage to fortune, m. Your entire reputation as a chap who knows his football could be shattered by this. If he does well, you'll have to endure people telling you to get another hobby for years to come.

Do I strike you as someone who would be so unequivocal if I wasn't 100% sure I was right?

I mean, look at my Brexit predicti....oh.

Burney
08-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Do I strike you as someone who would be so unequivocal if I wasn't 100% sure I was right?

If he's a great success, I suppose you can always claim you were deliberately reverse-jinxing him.

Burney
08-08-2019, 10:44 AM
That’s the one - probably the most exciting in the long term

Yes. Not least because we won't find out how bad he is for another year. :cloud9:

eastgermanautos
08-08-2019, 10:49 AM
If he's a great success, I suppose you can always claim you were deliberately reverse-jinxing him.

That is the trick. "The Oracle told you...only what you needed to hear." :hehe:

Monty92
08-08-2019, 10:51 AM

He strikes me as the kind of player who would have been a world beater about 60 years ago, i.e. when football was still sh*t.

I give you the obscenely overrated George Best.

Ash
08-08-2019, 10:54 AM

You could always claim that moderators edited your posts, like your old buddy back then.

Burney
08-08-2019, 11:07 AM
He strikes me as the kind of player who would have been a world beater about 60 years ago, i.e. when football was still sh*t.

I give you the obscenely overrated George Best.

I've no idea how good or bad Best was, since I never saw him play. Some people at the time seemed to think he was quite good, though.

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I've no idea how good or bad Best was, since I never saw him play. Some people at the time seemed to think he was quite good, though.
I think the very fact that Monty thinks he was over-rated, is (yet another) clear indication that he should get another hobby though

Monty92
08-08-2019, 11:13 AM

The first footballer from a bygone era who would still stand out today was Maradona :shrug:

And even then, I'm not sure he was much better than, say, Georgi Kinkladze.

Burney
08-08-2019, 11:25 AM
The first footballer from a bygone era who would still stand out today was Maradona :shrug:

So let me just clarify: you don’t think that great footballers of the past - given modern levels of training, fitness, nutrition, etc, etc - would be great players today?

eastgermanautos
08-08-2019, 11:26 AM

:nono: Cruyff

Luis Anaconda
08-08-2019, 11:31 AM
So let me just clarify: you don’t think that great footballers of the past - given modern levels of training, fitness, nutrition, etc, etc - would be great players today?

:hehe: Partilcularly skilful players who get far more protection

Monty92
08-08-2019, 11:31 AM

That's not what I said though, is it.

Burney
08-08-2019, 11:57 AM
That's not what I said though, is it.

Fair enough. So are you saying that if you simply plucked, say, Cruyff out of the early 70s and simply transplanted him as he was then into a modern side, he would struggle to stand out?
If so, that's a fairly banal point, since all those other factors I mentioned would mitigate against him.

Monty92
08-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Fair enough. So are you saying that if you simply plucked, say, Cruyff out of the early 70s and simply transplanted him as he was then into a modern side, he would struggle to stand out?
If so, that's a fairly banal point, since all those other factors I mentioned would mitigate against him.

My only real point is in preparing everyone for the abject sh*tness that Pepe is destined to bring to The Arsenal before his inevitable sale to West Ham in the summer of 2021 :shrug:

Ash
08-08-2019, 12:26 PM
My only real point is in preparing everyone for the abject sh*tness that Pepe is destined to bring to The Arsenal before his inevitable sale to West Ham in the summer of 2021 :shrug:

But do you want to be right?

Tricky one for you, I reckon.

Monty92
08-08-2019, 12:40 PM
But do you want to be right?

Tricky one for you, I reckon.

I had this quandry last season after defending Wenger for so long, and was relieved to discover that as I watched us play I found myself as keen as ever to see us win.

Indeed, as you may have noticed, I was one of the fiercest defenders of Emery's debut season on here, right up until it became leeetle beeet embarrassing to stick up for the ugly gormless comedy-voiced monoglot c*nt :-( (although some would say that's never stopped me before)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-08-2019, 12:43 PM

. . . . . . .

Ash
08-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I had this quandry last season after defending Wenger for so long, and was relieved to discover that as I watched us play I found myself as keen as ever to see us win.

Indeed, as you may have noticed, I was one of the fiercest defenders of Emery's debut season on here, right up until it became leeetle beeet embarrassing to stick up for the ugly gormless comedy-voiced monoglot c*nt :-( (although some would say that's never stopped me before)

No, I don't remember you defending Emery, right from "Mummy, there's a strange man in the dugout."

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-08-2019, 12:48 PM

This is like watching a malevolent cat with its paw on a mouse's tail. Will you be toying with Monty before the evisceration b? I see he is already retreating into "look, alls I wuz sayin" territory :hehe:

Monty92
08-08-2019, 12:54 PM
No, I don't remember you defending Emery, right from "Mummy, there's a strange man in the dugout."

Pffff.

Ask WES - we became unlikely allies on this issue, while Burney and Charlie were c*nting him off left, right and centre (concidently all positions that pepe will be sh*t in).

Burney
08-08-2019, 01:19 PM
This is like watching a malevolent cat with its paw on a mouse's tail. Will you be toying with Monty before the evisceration b? I see he is already retreating into "look, alls I wuz sayin" territory :hehe:

No. He rolled over and stopped wriggling and now I've lost interest.

I shall be in the corner licking my arsehole if anyone needs me.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
08-08-2019, 01:41 PM

In fairness Maradona was one of the pioneers of modern levels of training, fitness and nutrition. Drugged up out of his eyeballs.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-08-2019, 09:42 PM

Here you go....

https://www.theposttruthpost.co.uk/2019/08/08/transfer-deadline-day-change-uk-still-hopeful-for-big-signing/

eastgermanautos
08-08-2019, 10:11 PM

Pathetic suckup to more argumentative members of AWIMB. And I thought you were going to find me some chicks in London? Damn!