PDA

View Full Version : It bottles the mind a bit how we can have added zero ready-to-play defenders

eastgermanautos
08-06-2019, 07:51 AM
and now have only three days left in the transfer window. What the sh!t is going on here? Mustafi is a goshdarned trainwreck.

Ash
08-06-2019, 08:41 AM
There'll be pitch-forks!

Rich
08-06-2019, 08:55 AM
and now have only three days left in the transfer window. What the sh!t is going on here? Mustafi is a goshdarned trainwreck.

We are signing Upamecano (£70m), Rungani (2 year loan), Tierney (£30m).

Outgoings - Jenkinson off to Forest (£2m), Bennacer to AC Milan gets us a kickback of £4m, Amechei (£2m), Asano (£2m), Biliek (£10m).

Burney
08-06-2019, 09:04 AM

Outgoings - Jenkinson off to Forest (£2m), Bennacer to AC Milan gets us a kickback of £4m, Amechei (£2m), Asano (£2m), Biliek (£10m).

I'm pretty sure that isn't the same list you were equally certain we were going to sign last week, r. :rubchin:

Ash
08-06-2019, 09:19 AM

So including Peppy, thon Frenchie for the future and the borrowed Madrider : a total spend of nearly £200m on an alleged £45m budget with £20m from sales.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Ash
08-06-2019, 09:20 AM
!!!!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3913544/live-transfer-talk-arsenal-see-60m-upamecano-bid-rejected

Pokster
08-06-2019, 09:26 AM
So including Peppy, thon Frenchie for the future and the borrowed Madrider : a total spend of nearly £200m on an alleged £45m budget with £20m from sales.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Excuse me, we haven't spent £200m, we have gone to dfs and got interest free credit for 4 yrs and pay nothing until Easter 2020

Sir C
08-06-2019, 09:30 AM

You realise, of course, that none of it will make any difference whatsoever?

Manchester City will win the league.
Liverpool will come second.
Spurs and Chelsea will be third and fourth.
We will finish between 5th and 7th.

Someone, possibly even us, will win the FA cup.

Someone will win the league cup but no one cares who.

Manchester City will win the Champions League.

We will be bored rigid by the Europa League.

#RIPfootball

Burney
08-06-2019, 09:32 AM
You realise, of course, that none of it will make any difference whatsoever?

Manchester City will win the league.
Liverpool will come second.
Spurs and Chelsea will be third and fourth.
We will finish between 5th and 7th.

Someone, possibly even us, will win the FA cup.

Someone will win the league cup but no one cares who.

Manchester City will win the Champions League.

We will be bored rigid by the Europa League.

#RIPfootball

You remember how getting a new manager was going to revitalise things and stop us enduring 'Groundhog Day'?

:-(

Tony C
08-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Line up when everyone is fit

Leno in goal...his best position

Supermancano
Sokratis
Holding

Bellend
Torreira
Willock
Tiereny

Pepe
Aboomerang

Lacazette (c)

Subs

Martinez
Chambers
Gwen
i Wobi
Reece Nelson
Saka
Eddie

Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi playing golf with Welbeck and Arsene :cloud9:

Sir C
08-06-2019, 09:34 AM
You remember how getting a new manager was going to revitalise things and stop us enduring 'Groundhog Day'?

:-(

I have become convinced that Emery isn't the problem. The problem is #modernfootball.

Remember that summer we signed Nicholas, Bergkamp, Henry and Reyes? What a transfer window that was. :cloud9:

Burney
08-06-2019, 09:38 AM
I have become convinced that Emery isn't the problem. The problem is #modernfootball.

Remember that summer we signed Nicholas, Bergkamp, Henry and Reyes? What a transfer window that was. :cloud9:

I agree to some extent. The absurd price inflation of often fairly ordinary players caused by the influx of billionaires has calcified football horribly. The fact that we've come out of it with the wrong billionaire really isn't anyone's fault. It's just how it is. :shrug:

Mind you, I still dislike Emery.

Sir C
08-06-2019, 09:43 AM
I agree to some extent. The absurd price inflation of often fairly ordinary players caused by the influx of billionaires has calcified football horribly. The fact that we've come out of it with the wrong billionaire really isn't anyone's fault. It's just how it is. :shrug:

Mind you, I still dislike Emery.

I'm prepared to like him if he shows me an identifiable style of play.

I don't care so much whether we win or lose; I'd just like to know how.

Tony C
08-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Early signs are good that Emery is accepting of his mistakes though.

Got his teeth fixed and cleaned up his hair.

Burney
08-06-2019, 09:47 AM
I'm prepared to like him if he shows me an identifiable style of play.

I don't care so much whether we win or lose; I'd just like to know how.

I do find the idea of playing dull football and shipping shítloads of goals by not being able to defend a bit galling, tbh.

I mean it's traditional to choose one or other, surely?

Pokster
08-06-2019, 09:48 AM

We signed Reyes in January...carry on

Sir C
08-06-2019, 09:54 AM
We signed Reyes in January...carry on

Yes. I know.

We also didn't sign Charlie Nicholas, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry at the same time, did we?

Pokster
08-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Yes. I know.

We also didn't sign Charlie Nicholas, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry at the same time, did we?

Of course we did, Swapped Alex James for Henry and got Bergkamp for a John Hawley and a dag of disco's...your memory is going

Sir C
08-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Of course we did, Swapped Alex James for Henry and got Bergkamp for a John Hawley and a dag of disco's...your memory is going

A dag od Discos? Reyes liked dags, apparently.

Burney
08-06-2019, 10:10 AM
A dag od Discos? Reyes liked dags, apparently.

I've just remembered he's dead! :cry:

Poor little Jose Antonio. :-(

Mind you, I've just seen what he wore at his wedding - and the fact that his bride had some other bloke's face tattooed on his arm. :-(

Sir C
08-06-2019, 10:29 AM
I've just remembered he's dead! :cry:

Poor little Jose Antonio. :-(

Mind you, I've just seen what he wore at his wedding - and the fact that his bride had some other bloke's face tattooed on his arm. :-(

Furthermore, he died because he was pushing it far too hard for a public road.

Idiot.

Burney
08-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Furthermore, he died because he was pushing it far too hard for a public road.

Idiot.

Well, yes. But no-one ever said he was Magnus Magnusson, did they?

Even so, 147mph is a bit toppish, I'd agree.