PDA

View Full Version : Proper test match cricket this

PSRB
08-02-2019, 01:29 PM
:digin: So much better than the 20/20 stuff

Pokster
08-02-2019, 01:35 PM

It's a completely different game imo...like comparing 5 a side with 11 a side.

Never quite understood why "purists" rubbish T20 so much, without it cricket as a whole was dying out

barrybueno
08-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Geoff B likes this :thumbup:

PSRB
08-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Never quite understood why "purists" rubbish T20 so much, without it cricket as a whole was dying out

Yes and 11 a side is a much better game to watch than 5 a side :thumbup:

I quite enjoy 20/20 but anyone can throw a bat at a ball. Try doing that with a Dukes ball, would be a far more interesting game

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2019, 01:51 PM

Precisely - I can enjoy both. Sat in empty stadiums and watched first-class cricket and packed stadiums watching T20. Was able to get drunk both times which is always the goal.

Pokster
08-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Precisely - I can enjoy both. Sat in empty stadiums and watched first-class cricket and packed stadiums watching T20. Was able to get drunk both times which is always the goal.

Without T20 most kids wouldn't have the slightest interest... a lot of kids give up the game when it goes from pairs 8 a side to 11 a side

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Without T20 most kids wouldn't have the slightest interest... a lot of kids give up the game when it goes from pairs 8 a side to 11 a side
Is that the 8-a-side when you bat in pairs and get 2 overs but can't be out (you get runs deducted instead?). Do they still do that? I used to hate that as was primarily a bowler and it didn't feel right. Much preferred when we moved to proper (ironically 20 over) cricket?

WES
08-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Yes and 11 a side is a much better game to watch than 5 a side :thumbup:

I quite enjoy 20/20 but anyone can throw a bat at a ball. Try doing that with a Dukes ball, would be a far more interesting game

I'm not too sure I understand why anyone wouldn't be able to enjoy all three.

Unless you were a misanthropic, permanently miserable, always looking to be depressing, anti-life c*nt.

Like Burney :-)

PSRB
08-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Is that the 8-a-side when you bat in pairs and get 2 overs but can't be out (you get runs deducted instead?). Do they still do that? I used to hate that as was primarily a bowler and it didn't feel right. Much preferred when we moved to proper (ironically 20 over) cricket?

I loved it, won the NatWest county thing taking a one-handed catch on the boundary on the last ball

PSRB
08-02-2019, 02:08 PM

Unless you were a misanthropic, permanently miserable, always looking to be depressing, anti-life c*nt.

Not saying I don't enjoy the shorter form, just that test match cricket is 10x better

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2019, 02:09 PM
I loved it, won the NatWest county thing taking a one-handed catch on the boundary on the last ball

Haha - I was left out of our final team in the club competition, played at Chelmsford, so I was a bit gutted. I was 9th man - just sounds wrong

Pokster
08-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Yes, problem is too many coaches just want to win the 11 a side games so any young players don't bowl and bat at 10 or 11 so find it as dull as anything

PSRB
08-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Yes, problem is too many coaches just want to win the 11 a side games so any young players don't bowl and bat at 10 or 11 so find it as dull as anything

Agree on that, I moved around a few village teams for exactly that reason

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-02-2019, 03:08 PM

well who you were talking about :-D

Ash
08-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Getting a new ball after 62 overs is cheating imo.

Ash
08-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Here we go again ....

Tony C
08-02-2019, 11:17 PM
I think today we’ll know exactly how good the England batting is...

Burns needs to be thinking double century and the team 500.

Splendid knock from Burns...just want I wanted...no heroics, nothing stupid...just good mental strength and patience...BREAK THEM then let Woakes finish the job.

Tony C
08-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Well they got themselves into a right mess.

Playing like the team that got beat 2-1 by the windies

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-04-2019, 07:50 PM
I think today we’ll know exactly how good the England batting is...

Burns needs to be thinking double century and the team 500.

Splendid knock from Burns...just want I wanted...no heroics, nothing stupid...just good mental strength and patience...BREAK THEM then let Woakes finish the job.

Great jinxing, T. Did you have money on us losing?