View Full Version : Archer out, Woakes in

PSRB
07-31-2019, 12:53 PM
right call?

Burney
07-31-2019, 12:57 PM
right call?

Abso-fúcking-lutely terrible call.

No problem with Woakes in. My problem is that Broad is in ahead of Archer. I don't give a shít how many wickets he's got.

PSRB
07-31-2019, 12:59 PM

No problem with Woakes in. My problem is that Broad is in ahead of Archer. I don't give a shít how many wickets he's got.

I know it was only Ireland but that was one hell of a spell from Broad. I do think he knows he'll be the one to make way

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2019, 01:02 PM

You'd pick a bowler struggling with injury for a five-day Test match - brave, and dare I say, stupid call, b

Tony C
07-31-2019, 01:19 PM
So I got this wrong

Didn’t know it was Archer or Woakes or Anderson debate lol

-

Thought it was obvious...drop Moeen and go in all guns blazing with the 4 and break the Aussies :shrug:

You guys are weird lol

Actually when you think about..Archer is the one bowler with top class recent firm vs the Aussies.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-31-2019, 02:35 PM
You'd pick a bowler struggling with injury for a five-day Test match - brave, and dare I say, stupid call, b

If we dropped Moeen and played Leach as an opener - can't do worse than Burns - then we'd have 4 quicks other than Archer and a spinner. If he breaks down on the first morning, you've only lost the combined runs of Burns and Ali (i.e. fück all) and the difference in spin bowling of Ali vs Leach. {Seemed similar in SL or wherever.}

Yes, I know his FC average is about 5 this year. But he doesn't look any worse than Burns. Or Jennings. Or most of the other cünts we've tried since Strauss quit.

PSRB
07-31-2019, 02:42 PM
If we dropped Moeen and played Leach as an opener - can't do worse than Burns - then we'd have 4 quicks other than Archer and a spinner. If he breaks down on the first morning, you've only lost the combined runs of Burns and Ali (i.e. fück all) and the difference in spin bowling of Ali vs Leach. {Seemed similar in SL or wherever.}

Yes, I know his FC average is about 5 this year. But he doesn't look any worse than Burns. Or Jennings. Or most of the other cünts we've tried since Strauss quit.

Bit harsh on Cook

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:48 PM
Bit harsh on Cook

:hehe: :hehe:

Tony C
07-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Joe Willock should be opening with Roy anyways :nod:

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2019, 02:51 PM

Yeah - Jimmy got 80 once. He can open with him as well. FFS

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:55 PM
Yeah - Jimmy got 80 once. He can open with him as well. FFS

Anyway, I'm not having Leach in the side. He looks like a nonce.

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Anyway, I'm not having Leach in the side. He looks like a nonce.

:hehe: He is from Somerset, you know

Burney
07-31-2019, 03:10 PM
:hehe: He is from Somerset, you know

Fúcking hell, can you imagine him and Lyon on the pitch at the same time? They'd have to put local primary schools on lockdown.