PDA

View Full Version : I see that #LevyOut is trending on Twitter.

Burney
07-31-2019, 12:49 PM
God love them. :hehe:

PSRB
07-31-2019, 12:53 PM

Almost as ungrateful as our fans

Ash
07-31-2019, 01:05 PM
It's almost as if building a billion pound stadium is an expensive undertaking.

PSRB
07-31-2019, 01:06 PM
It's almost as if building a billion pound stadium is an expensive undertaking.

Especially when you budgeted half that :hehe:

Monty92
07-31-2019, 01:21 PM
That is amusing.

Less so the revelation you’re now the kind of person who talks about things “trending on Twitter” :-(

Ash
07-31-2019, 01:25 PM
That is amusing.

Less so the revelation you’re now the kind of person who talks about things “trending on Twitter” :-(

At the risk of being a snitch, he used the phrase "achingly cool" the other day. I thought you had nicked his login.

Monty92
07-31-2019, 01:38 PM
I guess this is what happens when you count several biggish-name comedians and journalists among your Twitter followers, the flash c*nt.

At the risk of being a snitch, he used the phrase "achingly cool" the other day. I thought you had nicked his login.

Burney
07-31-2019, 01:57 PM
I guess this is what happens when you count several biggish-name comedians and journalists among your Twitter followers, the flash c*nt.

Do you know you just prompted me to look at who my followers were and I honestly had no idea some of them followed me? How flattering.

You're still my favourite, though, m. ;-)

Monty92
07-31-2019, 02:07 PM
Simon Evans always ‘likes’ my tweets to him but I guess he’s just being polite :-(

I’d mainly be chuffed with Jarvis Dupont, if I were you.

Do you know you just prompted me to look at who my followers were and I honestly had no idea some of them followed me? How flattering.

You're still my favourite, though, m. ;-)

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Simon Evans always ‘likes’ my tweets to him but I guess he’s just being polite :-(

Yes, I think he's very much into Twitter etiquette. I'm terrible at it. I'm afraid I'm usually far too busy trying to get my point across to show appreciation for others'. I'm sure my wife would probably nod knowingly at this. :-\

I had no idea Alison Pearson and Christopher Snowdon followed me until I looked just now, though. I've also just realised that there's a fairly well-known Irish journalist whom I suspect only follows me because she once had an affair with my dad. :hehe:

Monty92
07-31-2019, 02:16 PM
Ruth! You dutty, dutty hoar!

Yes, I think he's very much into Twitter etiquette. I'm terrible at it. I'm afraid I'm usually far too busy trying to get my point across to show appreciation for others'. I'm sure my wife would probably nod knowingly at this. :-\

I had no idea Alison Pearson and Christopher Snowdon followed me until I looked just now, though. I've also just realised that there's a fairly well-known Irish journalist whom I suspect only follows me because she once had an affair with my dad. :hehe:

WES
07-31-2019, 02:18 PM

Has Jorge's head exploded on Twitter recently? I only ever go on there to see if someone has bitch slapped him again.

Not that that is in any way weird :-\

PSRB
07-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Has Jorge's head exploded on Twitter recently? I only ever go on there to see if someone has bitch slapped him again.

Not that that is in any way weird :-\

He called AWIMB a sewer yesterday :-(

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:21 PM
Ruth! You dutty, dutty hoar!

:rolleyes: You sound like my mother.

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:24 PM

Did he? How very rude! I shall continue to ignore him in that case.

Monty92
07-31-2019, 02:25 PM
The other day he was insisting it’s not racist to accuse a black politician of being a “sell out” because they picked the “wrong” political party

Amazing how malleable you can be around what is and isn’t racist when you’re on the left.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-31-2019, 02:32 PM
Jorge: How is that sewer nowadays?
Headgear: Do I look like I swim in raw sewage?

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:33 PM
The other day he was insisting it’s not racist to accuse a black politician of being a “sell out” because they picked the “wrong” political party

Amazing how malleable you can be around what is and isn’t racist when you’re on the left.

The fact is that j was only ever tolerable because his batshít lefty craziness seemed like a bit of a joke and a relic of a bygone age. Now that there are people out there vying to run the country who make him look like a moderate, it's much less amusing, tbh.

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:35 PM

One of those times that someone thinks they're asking a rhetorical question, but the rest of us aren't so sure.

Monty92
07-31-2019, 02:38 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

One of those times that someone thinks they're asking a rhetorical question, but the rest of us aren't so sure.

PSRB
07-31-2019, 02:38 PM

Ungrateful buggers, they'd be nothing without us, nothing!!!* :furious:

*possibly

Ash
07-31-2019, 02:41 PM

Useful things, sewers.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-31-2019, 02:42 PM
:nod:

Since they fugged off, the tone has become much less vicious
:sherlock:

Ash
07-31-2019, 02:44 PM

Hmmm. Denying someone the freedom to choose their political affiliations because of the colour of their skin.

Sounds racist to me.

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:45 PM
Useful things, sewers.

:nod: Lefties used to be a fairly strong presence on here, a. You're nearly the last man standing now (well, there's ganpati, but I'm pretty sure his mechanism's gone) - and even you're a Brexiteer (and thus anathema to the likes of j and Headgear). How does it feel to be hanging out with all us horrid fascists?

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:47 PM

To be fair to Headgear, he was usually the subject of much of the viciousness. But in fairness to the rest of us, that viciousness was often richly deserved.

Ash
07-31-2019, 02:47 PM

That's probably because there are so few left that any big tear-ups and exits would risk finishing the place off. I self-censor a lot on some issues, to avoid getting dog-piled.

Burney
07-31-2019, 02:49 PM
That's probably because there are so few left that any big tear-ups and exits would risk finishing the place off. I self-censor a lot on some issues, to avoid getting dog-piled.

By a lot of issues, you mainly mean stuff to do with Russia, don't you, a?

Ash
07-31-2019, 02:58 PM
:nod: Lefties used to be a fairly strong presence on here, a. You're nearly the last man standing now (well, there's ganpati, but I'm pretty sure his mechanism's gone) - and even you're a Brexiteer (and thus anathema to the likes of j and Headgear). How does it feel to be hanging out with all us horrid fascists?

Pretty similar to when I hang out with those who consider themselves leftists, tbh. I don't really fit anywhere.

Sir C
07-31-2019, 02:59 PM

It's the presumption of moral superiority that really grits my shít.

Smug, virtue-signalling ****.

Him, not you.

Burney
07-31-2019, 03:07 PM
Pretty similar to when I hang out with those who consider themselves leftists, tbh. I don't really fit anywhere.

Come to the dark side, a. We have MAGA hats*.

*I actually do have a MAGA hat now. My stepsons brought one back from the States for me. :hehe:

Burney
07-31-2019, 03:08 PM

Him, not you.

Yeah, but he was talking to Headgear, ffs! He is surely the greatest presumer of moral superiority on earth?

PSRB
07-31-2019, 03:20 PM

Him, not you.

:nod: This is the latest
"It really is a shame that the only people who actually take Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson seriously are 90k mostly male, mostly white, home counties golf club racists with the power to vote him into Downing Street.

But it speaks volumes about where the power lies in the UK"

Sir C
07-31-2019, 03:38 PM
:nod: This is the latest
"It really is a shame that the only people who actually take Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson seriously are 90k mostly male, mostly white, home counties golf club racists with the power to vote him into Downing Street.

But it speaks volumes about where the power lies in the UK"

It's like he's reading from a script.

PSRB
07-31-2019, 03:55 PM

It's just the sweeping generalisations that annoy me. Just because I don't think like him, I therefore must be this

Burney
07-31-2019, 03:58 PM

Membership of the Conservative Party costs £2 a month. That’s all it took to have the ‘power’ to put Boris in Downing Street. It’s not exactly membership of the MCC.

And I’ve never been a member of a golf club.

Burney
07-31-2019, 04:04 PM
It's just the sweeping generalisations that annoy me. Just because I don't think like him, I therefore must be this

It’s also terrible analysis. Every poll makes it clear that Boris cuts through across a broader demographic than any other candidate. Far broader than Corbyn.

Monty92
07-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Sweeping, repetitive generalisations are the stock in trade for anyone with - and keen to build
upon - a sizeable social media following (as Jorge has). It guarantees retweets which in turn guarantees new followers.

When people on my side do it I lap it up and I’m sure Jorge’s followers feel the same.

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2019, 07:17 PM
Membership of the Conservative Party costs £2 a month. That’s all it took to have the ‘power’ to put Boris in Downing Street. It’s not exactly membership of the MCC.

And I’ve never been a member of a golf club.

You don’t deny being a Home Counties racist then? Tbf being a golf club member is more embarrassing

Burney
08-01-2019, 08:21 AM
You don’t deny being a Home Counties racist then? Tbf being a golf club member is more embarrassing

A chap needs a hobby, la. :shrug: