PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing how humpy tattooed people get when you suggest that their tattoos might

Burney
07-31-2019, 10:03 AM
negatively affect their employment prospects. They seem to think that everyone should just magically see their self-mutilation in the same positive light that they do. It never seems to have occurred to them that others might take a negative view and that businesses have a right to consider that when hiring. And when you point out to them that this isn't illegal discrimination, but something employers have a perfect right to do in the same way they can insist on a dress code, they lose their shít completely. :hehe:

I make no bones about it: I would never employ someone with visible tattoos in a customer-facing role. :shrug:

IUFG
07-31-2019, 10:05 AM
negatively affect their employment prospects. They seem to think that everyone should just magically see their self-mutilation in the same positive light that they do. It never seems to have occurred to them that others might take a negative view and that businesses have a right to consider that when hiring. And when you point out to them that this isn't illegal discrimination, but something employers have a perfect right to do in the same way they can insist on a dress code, they lose their shít completely. :hehe:

I make no bones about it: I would never employ someone with visible tattoos in a customer-facing role. :shrug:

Whilst I quite agree, it won't be long before the betattooed are the decision makers, b :cry:

Burney
07-31-2019, 10:09 AM
Whilst I quite agree, it won't be long before the betattooed are the decision makers, b :cry:

I know, iufg, but I'll hold out as long as I can in defence of decency and proper behaviour.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-31-2019, 10:11 AM
:nod:
It's spot-on, principled common sense
Some people really are stupid cunds

Burney
07-31-2019, 10:18 AM
:nod:
It's spot-on, principled common sense
Some people really are stupid cunds

It's a function of how solipsistic people are today. They don't ever seem to consider that other people might not feel the same way they do because they never bother to think about it.

Pokster
07-31-2019, 10:20 AM
It's a function of how solipsistic people are today. They don't ever seem to consider that other people might not feel the same way they do because they never bother to think about it.

When I first started work in Finance, our employer wouldn't employ any bloke with earings, and no visible tat's were allowed either in customer facing or not...... times have changed b :-(

Rich
07-31-2019, 10:21 AM

Announce Pepe, B!

Burney
07-31-2019, 10:30 AM
When I first started work in Finance, our employer wouldn't employ any bloke with earings, and no visible tat's were allowed either in customer facing or not...... times have changed b :-(

Oh, well facial piercings are right out. Not a chance.

Times have changed, p - and not for the better.

IUFG
07-31-2019, 10:41 AM
Oh, well facial piercings are right out. Not a chance.

Times have changed, p - and not for the better.

At least the tattooed generation's kids will probably abnegate the tat

Burney
07-31-2019, 10:46 AM
At least the tattooed generation's kids will probably abnegate the tat

You'd think that seeing how grotesque their parents (and even grandparents) look would put them off, wouldn't you?

IUFG
07-31-2019, 10:51 AM
You'd think that seeing how grotesque their parents (and even grandparents) look would put them off, wouldn't you?

A future of saggy, wonky, faded celtic-banded bingo-wings on the 60-somethings should be enough to put them off, I'm sure...

Luis Anaconda
07-31-2019, 11:00 AM

That's why your tattoo shop failed, though, b

Burney
07-31-2019, 11:09 AM
That's why your tattoo shop failed, though, b

And another thing, la. This tattoo nonsense is going to completely ruin one's latter years. As you know, one of the few pleasures that remains to us as we age is ogling young women. But already I'm noticing that no sooner have I clapped eyes on some shapely young thing than I see that she's got some hideous scrawlings on her - thus completely ruining one's enjoyment. :-(

Damned selfish I call it! :old: :furious:

barrybueno
07-31-2019, 11:36 AM

I always think that about people with neck and forearm tattoos, you're getting away with it now but what about your next job?

Footballers and pop stars etc fine but not so the general population. Then again I've got no tattoos and I'm totally financially fúcked anyway so being a clean canvas hasn't helped me :hehe:

Ash
07-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Barry, sorry to hear of your pecuniary difficulties.

Best of luck in turning it around.

barrybueno
07-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Barry, sorry to hear of your pecuniary difficulties.

Best of luck in turning it around.

Cheers, saw a legal expert this morning hoping I'd have a clearer idea of a few difficult choices coming up but it's got worse. He said I'm liable for 62k's worth of PG's if I fold the business. Everyone's been telling me you just stroll off into the sunset with no worries with a Ltd company.

I've been naive to an extent that African defenders couldn't even dream of reaching. :cry: I may go and see Stella tonight.

PS. Sorry to dump all that crap on you :hehe:

Ash
07-31-2019, 12:40 PM
PG's?

Tips?
Parental Guidances?
Proctor & Gambles?

Burney
07-31-2019, 12:47 PM
PG's?

Tips?
Parental Guidances?
Proctor & Gambles?

Purchased goods?

barrybueno
07-31-2019, 01:27 PM
PG's?

Tips?
Parental Guidances?
Proctor & Gambles?

Personal Guarantees ;-)

7sisters
07-31-2019, 01:34 PM
Personal Guarantees ;-)

Sorry to read all of that bb. I’ve had to secure pg’s many times over the years on behalf of my employers. It’s a bit of a last resort and usually amounts to not much anyway, as the VAT and Banks always get first dibs.

Ash
07-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Personal Guarantees ;-)

I can bung you a tenner till your next giro if it'll help. :thumbup:

barrybueno
08-01-2019, 10:07 AM
I can bung you a tenner till your next giro if it'll help. :thumbup:

Tidy, I'll pm my bank details ;-)