PDA

View Full Version : What’s with all these red cards in pre-season friendlies?

Just Trent
07-24-2019, 07:29 AM
The point of these games in to get some physical and tactical preparation done. Little use in having an 11v10 game after 10 mins, then 10v10 before halftime.

IUFG
07-24-2019, 07:34 AM
The point of these games in to get some physical and tactical preparation done. Little use in having an 11v10 game after 10 mins, then 10v10 before halftime.

Now, I've no idea about these red cards, jt, but laws of the game is laws of the game , innit.

Just Trent
07-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Now, I've no idea about these red cards, jt, but laws of the game is laws of the game , innit.

Refs usually let things a go a bit more in friendlies. Warnings rather than yellow cards, and asking for a player to be subbed rather than sent off. I blame these overhyped ‘glamour friendlies’. Silly games against all the biggest teams. Even the refs are getting carried away. Better off going to Barnet imo.

Luis Anaconda
07-24-2019, 08:16 AM
Refs usually let things a go a bit more in friendlies. Warnings rather than yellow cards, and asking for a player to be subbed rather than sent off. I blame these overhyped ‘glamour friendlies’. Silly games against all the biggest teams. Even the refs are getting carried away. Better off going to Barnet imo.

Not seen it but very much sounds like Sokratis's was a case of ref evening it up - nonsense

Ash
07-24-2019, 08:54 AM
Not seen it but very much sounds like Sokratis's was a case of ref evening it up - nonsense

Threadjack: Good knock from Malan. Not so much for AB.

Luis Anaconda
07-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Threadjack: Good knock from Malan. Not so much for AB.

Yep - almost as if we have more than one player. Some good performances all round. That's our normal two wins for the season anyway