PDA

View Full Version : 32C and the sun is shining - anyone else's local with a nice garden awaiting?

WES
07-23-2019, 03:00 PM
A trip down the local on a hot summer's night post work. :cloud9:

IUFG
07-23-2019, 03:03 PM

No pub for me. My beer fridge at home is stuffed with Peroni and Heineken :cloud9:

Sir C
07-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Yes, my local fridge has a nice bottle of Malbec or twelve chilling, and a shedload of chicken thighs have been marinading in shawarma mix for 20 hours and are ready to go on the rotisserie. There will be a particularly garlicky tahini sauce, there will be hummus and there will be... salad :-(

IUFG
07-23-2019, 03:07 PM
and there will be... salad :-(

you can fúck right off with that shít

PSRB
07-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Yes, my local fridge has a nice bottle of Malbec or twelve chilling, and a shedload of chicken thighs have been marinading in shawarma mix for 20 hours and are ready to go on the rotisserie. There will be a particularly garlicky tahini sauce, there will be hummus and there will be... salad :-(

Firing up the baby later......is the rotisserie a must? Did a great beer can beer can chicken last weekend :eat:

WES
07-23-2019, 03:11 PM

All very appealing - a salad is a must when BBQing imo.

However the local pub has the added value of some locals to speak with, dogs running about and a general air of celebration. I love my local on a hot summer night.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 03:12 PM
Firing up the baby later......is the rotisserie a must? Did a great beer can beer can chicken last weekend :eat:

Pizza dough hot dogs are the way, p.
Kids food - absolutely council and fúcking lovely

Sir C
07-23-2019, 03:13 PM

It's nice to have but I wouldn't say it's a must. I'd recommend mastering your long, slow cooks and your searing and reverse searing before worrying about the JoeTisserie. It's quite expensive too, I think.

What will you be throwing on tonight, p?

Sir C
07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
you can fúck right off with that shít

I'm off carbs, apparently. No pitta for me :cry:

PSRB
07-23-2019, 03:24 PM
It's nice to have but I wouldn't say it's a must. I'd recommend mastering your long, slow cooks and your searing and reverse searing before worrying about the JoeTisserie. It's quite expensive too, I think.

What will you be throwing on tonight, p?

By the time I finish work, it'll just a simple sausage and burger affair, possibly some spicy chicken but even they all taste 10x better than on my old grill.

PSRB
07-23-2019, 03:25 PM
Pizza dough hot dogs are the way, p.
Kids food - absolutely council and fúcking lovely

Pizza dough hot dogs?

Sir C
07-23-2019, 03:36 PM
By the time I finish work, it'll just a simple sausage and burger affair, possibly some spicy chicken but even they all taste 10x better than on my old grill.

A great accessory is the cast iron grill... fantastic for steaks.

Burney
07-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Pizza dough hot dogs?

Didn't one of the chains bring out pizzas with hot dogs and cheese in the crust? Or did I dream it?

Burney
07-23-2019, 03:42 PM

Christ! I know it's warm, but I think human sacrifice is taking things a bit far, psrb! :yikes:

PSRB
07-23-2019, 03:48 PM
A great accessory is the cast iron grill... fantastic for steaks.

:thumbup: also bought one for the new induction hob in the kitchen :-) Meat, meat, meat!!!!

IUFG
07-23-2019, 04:01 PM
Pizza dough hot dogs?

Roll out some pizza dough into six inch squares (or however long your sausages are).

Whack one of your tinned/jarred, mechanically recovered meat/poultry/rendered-fat sausages onto the pizza dough.

Add sriracha/akabanga/english mustard/ketchup/etc...

Roll it up, bang it in the oven.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Didn't one of the chains bring out pizzas with hot dogs and cheese in the crust? Or did I dream it?

Donimos, wasn't it?

Pokster
07-24-2019, 07:13 AM

No, it was a day off work and a trip to one of the nicest beaches in England (Bamburgh) :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
07-24-2019, 08:34 AM

The English Garden for a few Maß at the Chinese Tower :inappropriatesmiley: My god, the sights :love: