PDA

View Full Version : since my new kitchen is spectacular I want to redo the bathroom

Pat Vegas
07-23-2019, 09:10 AM
the bathroom is quite mordern as it was done up to sell the flat when I bought it.

However I don't like it and I would like to remove the bathtub and replace it with walk in shower..

However will removing the bathtub be a problem when I am selling it. I don't know if people are touchy about bathtubs.

PSRB
07-23-2019, 09:15 AM
the bathroom is quite mordern as it was done up to sell the flat when I bought it.

However I don't like it and I would like to remove the bathtub and replace it with walk in shower..

However will removing the bathtub be a problem when I am selling it. I don't know if people are touchy about bathtubs.

Just signed off on my new kitchen :-) Quick question, did you leave your builder with key whilst the work was being done?

Pat Vegas
07-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Just signed off on my new kitchen :-) Quick question, did you leave your builder with key whilst the work was being done?

I did, No issues at all really, No leaving windows or doors open that sort of thing after he left.
I did wonder sometimes what he actually did some days but I am pretty sure he did most of it the last few days he was there.

Microwave dinners for weeks were not so fun.

PSRB
07-23-2019, 09:20 AM
I did, No issues at all really, No leaving windows or doors open that sort of thing after he left.
I did wonder sometimes what he actually did some days but I am pretty sure he did most of it the last few days he was there.

Microwave dinners for weeks were not so fun.

Yeah, can't say I'm looking forward to that. Rather hoping the in-laws go to Portugal and we'll just stay at theirs. Builder reckons it'll take 3 weeks, I'm working to 4 weeks

Burney
07-23-2019, 09:22 AM

I fúcked my bathtub out the window when I had my bathroom redone. I hadn't had a bath since we moved in four years ago, so what was the point?
Some people might be funny about it, I suppose, but only the ones who like wallowing naked in their own feculence.

Pat Vegas
07-23-2019, 09:24 AM
I fúcked my bathtub out the window when I had my bathroom redone. I hadn't had a bath since we moved in four years ago, so what was the point?
Some people might be funny about it, I suppose, but only the ones who like wallowing naked in their own feculence.

Exactly. I never used the bath. I had the thought of doing it once but got bored running the water after 30 seconds and took a shower.

Now it was quite alarming on how many places I saw that didn't even have proper showers (a mixer tap with a short shower head that doesn't even reach head height) when I went flat hunting.
So I wondered if it was perhaps an Essex thing. :hehe:

PSRB
07-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Exactly. I never used the bath. I had the thought of doing it once but got bored running the water after 30 seconds and took a shower.

Now it was quite alarming on how many places I saw that didn't even have proper showers (a mixer tap with a short shower head that doesn't even reach head height) when I went flat hunting.

Are you planning on having kids any time soon? If so, keep the bath.

Pat Vegas
07-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Yeah, can't say I'm looking forward to that. Rather hoping the in-laws go to Portugal and we'll just stay at theirs. Builder reckons it'll take 3 weeks, I'm working to 4 weeks

yeah mine was 3 weeks, I told him I was going on holiday on a certain day to get him to finish sharpish.
Then I regretted instantly telling him this as he would know the flat would have been empty. But nothing happened whilst I was away.

Peter
07-23-2019, 09:27 AM

Don't people generally rip the **** out of everything when they buy a new place? Someone who wants a bath is probably not going to be bothered about having to put one in...

Sir C
07-23-2019, 09:28 AM

After a relaxing soak in the bath, perhaps following excessive exercise, one takes a quick shower to remove the layer of filth :shrug:

Also, chicks need a bath to shave their areas in.

Burney
07-23-2019, 09:30 AM

It's depressingly common. One of the first things we did when we moved in was install a proper power shower. The flat I lived in for a year only had a mixer tap shower (unusually it worked quite well) and had no hook for it or shower curtain. I had to install these things myself (I didn't ask permission, but since I was actually improving their property they didn't complain).

Burney
07-23-2019, 09:32 AM
After a relaxing soak in the bath, perhaps following excessive exercise, one takes a quick shower to remove the layer of filth :shrug:

Also, chicks need a bath to shave their areas in.

:nono: Baths are for gays. And I installed a sort of footrest duberry on the wall that allows the ladies to take care of that sort of thing while standing up.

Burney
07-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Don't people generally rip the **** out of everything when they buy a new place? Someone who wants a bath is probably not going to be bothered about having to put one in...

Exactly so. I suppose prsb is right that for those with small brats a bath might be a deal breaker. You can only wash them in the sink for so long.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 09:45 AM
:nono: Baths are for gays. And I installed a sort of footrest duberry on the wall that allows the ladies to take care of that sort of thing while standing up.

You've got one of those shower stools for OAPs? Lols.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 09:49 AM

My kitchen needs a fcking rebuild after an 'escape of water' in the house.
New flooring, skirting and plasterwork throughout (almost all) the downstairs

:cry:

Sir C
07-23-2019, 09:52 AM
My kitchen needs a fcking rebuild after an 'escape of water' in the house.
New flooring, skirting and plasterwork throughout (almost all) the downstairs

:cry:

:insurancejob: :jewishlightning:

IUFG
07-23-2019, 09:52 AM
:insurancejob: :jewishlightning:

I'd rather not have the fúcking hassle, sc.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 09:54 AM
I'd rather not have the fúcking hassle, sc.

I can imagine, i. Being without a kitchen is the greatest pain in the arse known to man. When my kitchen was being done I ate in Nando's ffs.

Luis Anaconda
07-23-2019, 09:56 AM
I can imagine, i. Being without a kitchen is the greatest pain in the arse known to man. When my kitchen was being done I ate in Nando's ffs.
KFC not good enough for you - you've changed man

Burney
07-23-2019, 09:57 AM
You've got one of those shower stools for OAPs? Lols.

Not at all! Although there did used to be that metal pole next to the bath that was useful for balance, but that went when we had the thing redone, sadly.

But anyway, this is a sort of adjustable step a couple of feet up the wall that the lady puts her foot on in order to shave her bits and bobs. It's a bit mysterious to me, but seems to work.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 09:58 AM
KFC not good enough for you - you've changed man

Did KFC. Did chinee. Did Indian. Did them all. It went on for months.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 09:58 AM

Dancing around fans and dehumidifiers dotted around the house for two weeks :-(
The insurance payout for the extra electricity used, apparently. Who knew?

Burney
07-23-2019, 10:00 AM

I've still only ever eaten in Nando's once. I'm at a loss to understand what the fuss is about.

I was told their breakfasts are good in airports, but on investigation I find they don't do bacon and their sausages are made of chicken. :-( :-( :-(

I blame the allans.

Burney
07-23-2019, 10:01 AM
Did KFC. Did chinee. Did Indian. Did them all. It went on for months.

And you didn't have a microwave, you madman. :shakehead:

IUFG
07-23-2019, 10:03 AM
... and their sausages are made of chicken. :-( :-( :-(

that's just nasty.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 10:03 AM
I've still only ever eaten in Nando's once. I'm at a loss to understand what the fuss is about.

I was told their breakfasts are good in airports, but on investigation I find they don't do bacon and their sausages are made of chicken. :-( :-( :-(

I blame the allans.

It's chicken and chips :shrug: It's not bad chi8cken and chips. The spicy chicken and chips is quite spicy.

That is, literally, it.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 10:04 AM
It's chicken and chips :shrug: It's not bad chi8cken and chips. The spicy chicken and chips is quite spicy.

That is, literally, it.

£13, though.

and the extra hot isn't really extra hot.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 10:05 AM
And you didn't have a microwave, you madman. :shakehead:

:nod: I have no desire to cancerise my dinner, b.

Burney
07-23-2019, 10:05 AM

That is, literally, it.

Yes. I was expecting more for some reason. I remember I was deeply confused by the ordering system.

Sir C
07-23-2019, 10:07 AM
£13, though.

and the extra hot isn't really extra hot.

Is it? £13? Is that a whole chicken?

Now I think of it, it's 10 years since I've been in one.

Burney
07-23-2019, 10:09 AM

The chickens were extremely small, I remember that.

IUFG
07-23-2019, 11:43 AM

it is indeed www.nandos.co.uk/food/menu