PDA

View Full Version : Have we signed anyone yet?

Sir C
07-22-2019, 10:07 AM
I mean, talk about spend some farkin money! Don't we need a centre half? I'm sure we need a centre half.

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:10 AM
I mean, talk about spend some farkin money! Don't we need a centre half? I'm sure we need a centre half.

Dunno, I keep seeing that we've 'agreed a deal' with someone or other, only for exactly nothing to actually happen.

PSRB
07-22-2019, 10:11 AM

Having watched the Fiorentina match, I really like the look of the lad we have signed, blinding pace, great feet......should have buried the chance he created but I reckon it did bobble

Sir C
07-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Having watched the Fiorentina match, I really like the look of the lad we have signed, blinding pace, great feet......should have buried the chance he created but I reckon it did bobble

Which lad's this, p? Is he a centre half?

We need a centre half. :-(

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:14 AM

Fast and can't finish? The new Theo? :cloud9:

Everyone seems to be getting exercised about Wilfred Zaha, but I have this nagging suspicion that he isn't actually much good. :rubchin: I mean, if he were, he wouldn't have been at Palace this long, would he?

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:17 AM

We're supposed to be singeing this Saliba chap from St Etienne. He's a centre half, I think. Mind you, he's only 18 and everyone knows that's too young to be a proper centre back.

Sir C
07-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Fast and can't finish? The new Theo? :cloud9:

Everyone seems to be getting exercised about Wilfred Zaha, but I have this nagging suspicion that he isn't actually much good. :rubchin: I mean, if he were, he wouldn't have been at Palace this long, would he?

There was all sorts of excitement when he went to Yanited, wasn't there? And he did precisely fúck all.

Mind you, Dennis didn't do so well at Inter, so that just goes to show. I don't know what it goes to show. Maybe that Zaha is the new Bergkamp.

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:20 AM
There was all sorts of excitement when he went to Yanited, wasn't there? And he did precisely fúck all.

Mind you, Dennis didn't do so well at Inter, so that just goes to show. I don't know what it goes to show. Maybe that Zaha is the new Bergkamp.

The new Bergkamp wouldn't be from Thornton Heath imo.

PSRB
07-22-2019, 10:33 AM
We're supposed to be singeing this Saliba chap from St Etienne. He's a centre half, I think. Mind you, he's only 18 and everyone knows that's too young to be a proper centre back.

and we're handing him back for a season, no doubt will get some career ending injury at the end of next season

PSRB
07-22-2019, 10:35 AM

Brazilian forward/winger, 18. Martinelli, he really does look very good, Joe Willock was also excellent. Maybe the yoof will live up to the pre-season hype, for once.

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:36 AM
and we're handing him back for a season, no doubt will get some career ending injury at the end of next season

Are we!? How utterly ridiculous. This great team in charge of singeing people we're supposed to have seems to be a gaggle of fúckwits.

Rich
07-22-2019, 10:45 AM

His medical is tomorrow but we are loaning him back to St Etienne for this coming season. Cahill available on a free, though. We also have Rob Holding returning from injury.

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:49 AM
His medical is tomorrow but we are loaning him back to St Etienne for this coming season. Cahill available on a free, though. We also have Rob Holding returning from injury.

Well that seems an entirely sensible thing for a side that desperately needs centre halves to do, doesn't it?

EMERY OUT!

Rich
07-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Well that seems an entirely sensible thing for a side that desperately needs centre halves to do, doesn't it?

EMERY OUT!

We have Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Koscielney. Xhaka/Elneny could probably do a job there as well, if required. There must also be some youth players that can play there.

Sir C
07-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Brazilian forward/winger, 18. Martinelli, he really does look very good, Joe Willock was also excellent. Maybe the yoof will live up to the pre-season hype, for once.

Nothing good ever came of signing a Brazilian forward :-(

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:54 AM
We have Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Koscielney. Xhaka/Elneny could probably do a job there as well, if required. There must also be some youth players that can play there.

So that's one functioning centre half and a chap coming back from serious injury. The rest are, variously, too old, too shít or too not actually centre halves.

Like I said, we desperately need centre halves.

Burney
07-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Nothing good ever came of signing a Brazilian forward :-(

Wise words. The only one I can think of who did alright in this country was Juninho.

PSRB
07-22-2019, 10:56 AM

Mavropanos, as well....or is he still injured?

Rich
07-22-2019, 10:57 AM
So that's one functioning centre half and a chap coming back from serious injury. The rest are, variously, too old, too shít or too not actually centre halves.

Like I said, we desperately need centre halves.

Oh, and club captain Laurent Koscielney refused to go on tour with the team and will allegedly refuse to play for The Arsenal. He is consulting lawyers about buying his own contract out.

Rich
Mavropanos, as well....or is he still injured?

He's been fit since Feb but apparently not rated by the new regime.

PSRB
Wise words. The only one I can think of who did alright in this country was Juninho.

The chap at Everton is doing pretty well, Richarlison.

PSRB
07-22-2019, 10:58 AM
He's been fit since Feb but apparently not rated by the new regime.

I don't really understand why we're getting rid of Bielik, everyone seems to think he's excellent......apart from Emery

Rich
07-22-2019, 11:05 AM
I don't really understand why we're getting rid of Bielik, everyone seems to think he's excellent......apart from Emery

Perhaps he's trying to remove any vestiges of Arsene that remain.

Ash
07-22-2019, 12:20 PM

EMERY OUT!

Jam tomorrow. :-)

Style Council the day after that. :-(

I don't think the administration were expecting Kos to Fabregas his way out of the club tbf.