PDA

View Full Version : Please, please don't have ****ed this up......

PSRB
07-19-2019, 08:23 AM
https://twitter.com/ParamountUK/status/1151937847563362304

Sir C
07-19-2019, 08:30 AM

:hehe: It will be a nightmare. The first one was, by any objective judgement, utter pants. But we were young, and we were boys and it had cool aeroplanes and cool cars and Meg Ryan... now we're old and we care not for fast aeroplanes and motorcycles.

And Maverick looks like he has more need of a bus pass than an F15. :-(

PSRB
07-19-2019, 08:33 AM
:hehe: It will be a nightmare. The first one was, by any objective judgement, utter pants. But we were young, and we were boys and it had cool aeroplanes and cool cars and Meg Ryan... now we're old and we care not for fast aeroplanes and motorcycles.

Val Kilmer is back as well.......I assume Kelly McGillis, less so

Sir C
07-19-2019, 08:36 AM
Val Kilmer is back as well.......I assume Kelly McGillis, less so

Let's hope Mav doesn't have to revisit her boudoir :-(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5837039/Top-Gun-star-Kelly-McGillis-makes-rare-public-appearance-32-years-release-hit-film.html

Tony C
07-19-2019, 08:40 AM
Thought it was the card playing gunslinger to start with :clap:

But looks good :bow: they seemed to have followed on from the original like blade runner so that’s a good start.

IUFG
07-19-2019, 09:44 AM

I have never seen the first one.
Other than clips on that awful Berlin song's video.

But blimey, Kelly McGillis has changed. Time is a cruel mistress.

bbrian
07-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I have never seen the first one.
Other than clips on that awful Berlin song's video.

But blimey, Kelly McGillis has changed. Time is a cruel mistress.

Thats disappointing ...if only she had the face app thingy 20 yrs ago and was able to prep for it

bbrian
07-19-2019, 10:02 AM

I hope there's a beach volleyball seen again , where all the hot guys are flexing their muscles and shīt .....err , i mean i cant wait for all that speedy masculine flying at 600 mph and stuff

Burney
07-19-2019, 11:18 AM

More to the point, who are they going to shoot down? To the best of my knowledge, the US hasn't had a serious air-to-air engagement since the First Gulf War.

Sir C
07-19-2019, 11:23 AM
More to the point, who are they going to shoot down? To the best of my knowledge, the US hasn't had a serious air-to-air engagement since the First Gulf War.

I don't think it's supposed to be real, b. It's not actually a documentary. :shrug:

I hate to break this to you, but ET was a pretend alien, that little bot didn't really see dead people, and Titanic didn't sink.

Burney
07-19-2019, 11:27 AM
I don't think it's supposed to be real, b. It's not actually a documentary. :shrug:

I hate to break this to you, but ET was a pretend alien, that little bot didn't really see dead people, and Titanic didn't sink.

No, I just mean who's the enemy? It's no fun if they're just legging it around bombing the **** out of random Allans in the desert.

I suppose they could do Iran, but that might be considered jumping the gun, diplomatically-speaking.

Also, they've got girl pilots. :-(

Sir C
07-19-2019, 11:32 AM
No, I just mean who's the enemy? It's no fun if they're just legging it around bombing the **** out of random Allans in the desert.

I suppose they could do Iran, but that might be considered jumping the gun, diplomatically-speaking.

Also, they've got girl pilots. :-(

:shrug: The wiley chinee must be due to become stroppy. North Koreans, maybe. WHAT ABOUT IRAN?

The best two pilots I ever knew were chicks.

The best pilot I've ever watched a a chick.

Chicks are alright.

Burney
07-19-2019, 11:37 AM
:shrug: The wiley chinee must be due to become stroppy. North Koreans, maybe. WHAT ABOUT IRAN?

The best two pilots I ever knew were chicks.

The best pilot I've ever watched a a chick.

Chicks are alright.

I appreciate that ladies can do piloting very well, I just don't think they have any place in war movies (other than as totty, obvs).

I mean what would The Battle Of Britain have been like if, rather than slinking around in stockings and sussies and getting upset when Christopher Plummer got roasted, Susannah York had been up there blowing the shíte out of Heinkel 111s? Completely wrong imo.

barrybueno
07-19-2019, 12:04 PM
Let's hope Mav doesn't have to revisit her boudoir :-(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5837039/Top-Gun-star-Kelly-McGillis-makes-rare-public-appearance-32-years-release-hit-film.html

Looks like Pat Rice in drag