PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious. They're already complaining that Turing's too white and male.

Burney
07-15-2019, 01:43 PM
:hehe: This is what happens when you try to appease these lunatics. They'll always want more.

PSRB
07-15-2019, 01:47 PM
:hehe: This is what happens when you try to appease these lunatics. They'll always want more.

I've heard more whining from India fans about the overthrows thing than I have from Kiwis :hehe:

Burney
07-15-2019, 01:49 PM
I've heard more whining from India fans about the overthrows thing than I have from Kiwis :hehe:

Yes. They seem remarkably bitter. What have we ever done to them?

Rich
07-15-2019, 02:03 PM

I think the overthrows part was the most entertaining part. It was also a moment when I moved from utter despair to slight belief.

Indian chap that works here insists it was deliberate. ‘Look at the angle of Stokes’ bat when he dived. Not natural! Not natural. He’s doing a cheat’

Burney
07-15-2019, 02:05 PM
I think the overthrows part was the most entertaining part. It was also a moment when I moved from utter despair to slight belief.

Indian chap that works here insists it was deliberate. ‘Look at the angle of Stokes’ bat when he dived. Not natural! Not natural. He’s doing a cheat’

The thing yesterday that keeps nagging me isn't the overthrows thing, it's Trent Boult making that catch and treading on the rope. That just doesn't happen these days. They're so hyper-conscious about it and practise knocking the ball back in. So why didn't he do that? The one thing he wanted to avoid was a six, so surely if he was worried about the rope, he could just have parried it inside? Even if his mate didn't catch it, it would have meant two runs rather than six.

I'm sure it was just a misjudgement, but it was very unusual in this day and age.

PSRB
07-15-2019, 02:08 PM
The thing yesterday that keeps nagging me isn't the overthrows thing, it's Trent Boult making that catch and treading on the rope. That just doesn't happen these days. They're so hyper-conscious about it and practise knocking the ball back in. So why didn't he do that? The one thing he wanted to avoid was a six, so surely if he was worried about the rope, he could just have parried it inside? Even if his mate didn't catch it, it would have meant two runs rather than six.

I'm sure it was just a misjudgement, but it was very unusual in this day and age.

Bowler, innit. Never the sharpest.

Rich
07-15-2019, 02:10 PM

Presumably he felt that he was futher inside the rope than he was? He did seem to take the catch, take a step back in the process (still inside the rope) & then take a second step back onto the rope.

He was then fairly nonchalant about the grave error of judgement he'd just made.

Burney
07-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Presumably he felt that he was futher inside the rope than he was? He did seem to take the catch, take a step back in the process (still inside the rope) & then take a second step back onto the rope.

He was then fairly nonchalant about the grave error of judgement he'd just made.

:nod: That was another thing. They all seemed incredibly relaxed about it. I'd have wanted him strung up if I were a Kiwi.

Ash
07-15-2019, 02:28 PM

It's all about negotiating the actual pecking order of the new caste system.

Heterosexual white males are at the bottom - everyone agrees with that (whose opinion is allowed). The rest of the positions are up for grabs. Looks like gay white men might only be one rung about the untouchables.

Ash
07-15-2019, 02:29 PM

Can you imagine if we'd done that to Australia? A thousand-year whinge.

Burney
07-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Can you imagine if we'd done that to Australia? A thousand-year whinge.

The Aussies are whingeing about it even though it's got nothing to do with them. One Aussie bookie is refunding all bets on NZ on the grounds that we didn't really win. :hehe:

PSRB
07-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Here's that Times cover wrap https://www.newsworks.org.uk/news-and-opinion/cricket-world-cup-victory-the-front-pages-

Tony C
07-15-2019, 02:42 PM
champagne SuperOver looooool how cringey :clap:

Burney
07-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Here's that Times cover wrap https://www.newsworks.org.uk/news-and-opinion/cricket-world-cup-victory-the-front-pages-

Nice. I've just had to point out to a bitter Australian who's whingeing that we only drew that I didn't see them complaining when they were awarded the tied semi-final in 1999 on the basis of having won a previous game against South Africa (a metric by which we'd have won yesterday as well, of course).

PSRB
07-15-2019, 02:49 PM
Have you seen the Lancashire dressing room when we win? Glenn Maxwell on the far left :hehe:

https://twitter.com/lancscricket/status/1150477677020766213

Tony C
07-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Lol Simon Taufel livid that England got 6 for the ball deflection.

Says it should’ve been 5 because they didn’t cross for the 2nd when the ball was thrown.

:clap: