PDA

View Full Version : So those shots that Butler kept playing, where he let’s the ball

WES
07-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Go by then flicks it over the wicketkeeper.

Act of genius or a dangerous, desperate play? :rubchin:

PSRB
07-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Go by then flicks it over the wicketkeeper.

Act of genius or a dangerous, desperate play? :rubchin:

Genius and brave.

WES
07-15-2019, 12:40 PM
I bet Geoff Boycott never played that shot in his life. Not once. Ever.

Ash
07-15-2019, 12:43 PM
I bet Geoff Boycott never played that shot in his life. Not once. Ever.

Mercifully it hadn't been invented then, I think. Scoops/flicks/ Dllshans - horrible.

PSRB
07-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Mercifully it hadn't been invented then, I think. Scoops/flicks/ Dllshans - horrible.

No place for it in Test cricket but perfectly acceptable in the shorter formats

WES
07-15-2019, 12:48 PM

Be honest, even if it had been the wife beating, traitorous c*nt never would have had the balls to play it. FACT

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-15-2019, 01:02 PM
No place for it in Test cricket but perfectly acceptable in the shorter formats

tbh, I actually like the scoop shot when it's played properly. Much better than these ugly swipes that top edge for six or get clubbed along the ground in a totally random direction.

Ash
07-15-2019, 01:10 PM
tbh, I actually like the scoop shot when it's played properly. Much better than these ugly swipes that top edge for six or get clubbed along the ground in a totally random direction.

Reverse sweeps can phuck off 'n all.

Burney
07-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Reverse sweeps can phuck off 'n all.

:nod: I've hated reverse sweeps since that fat oaf Gatting lost us a World Cup Final by attempting to play one.

Thing is, you see the youngsters in the nets at cricket clubs and they're all playing these ghastly shots. Ah, well. 'O Tempora! O Mores!' and all that.