PDA

View Full Version : Good lord. What an extremely excitable gentleman.

Sir C
07-01-2019, 02:47 PM
If he wants something actually worth getting so worked up about, he could try getting a life.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalGent/status/1145699480009871360

Chief Arrowhead
07-01-2019, 02:59 PM
If he wants something actually worth getting so worked up about, he could try getting a life.

I understood about every eighth word. Say what you will about Hugh Grant, but at least you can understand every other word from him.

Sir C
07-01-2019, 03:12 PM
I understood about every eighth word. Say what you will about Hugh Grant, but at least you can understand every other word from him.

That's how we all speak all the time, chief. I'm currently hollering a spitting as I type.

I did pork belly burnt ends yesterday. Dry rub with plenty of mustard powder and parika, smoked over apple for 2 hours, then wrapped with honey and butter and on the heat for another hour, then glazed in a sauce of ketchup, ketchup manis and cherry beer. They were fúcking divine.

barrybueno
07-01-2019, 03:13 PM

:music: Croquet Out! Croquet Out! :music:

IUFG
07-01-2019, 03:32 PM

He appears to be carrying some kind of boxing belt around with him. Odd.

I'm sure his helper bought him that toy megaphone exactly for days like today when they lose each other.

PSRB
07-02-2019, 08:15 AM
That's how we all speak all the time, chief. I'm currently hollering a spitting as I type.

I did pork belly burnt ends yesterday. Dry rub with plenty of mustard powder and parika, smoked over apple for 2 hours, then wrapped with honey and butter and on the heat for another hour, then glazed in a sauce of ketchup, ketchup manis and cherry beer. They were fúcking divine.

Get mine on Saturday, actually a little nervous that I might have over-stretched my ability on a BBQ

Sir C
07-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Get mine on Saturday, actually a little nervous that I might have over-stretched my ability on a BBQ

Don't fear, p. It's just a question of practice.

If you're using it to grill a steak or burgers it's just like an ordinary barbecue, really.

PSRB
07-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Don't fear, p. It's just a question of practice.

If you're using it to grill a steak or burgers it's just like an ordinary barbecue, really.

I want to do the more exciting stuff but will start off simple while I get the hang of temperatures, etc. The glw is desperate for me to get the rotisserie thingy

Sir C
07-02-2019, 08:36 AM
I want to do the more exciting stuff but will start off simple while I get the hang of temperatures, etc. The glw is desperate for me to get the rotisserie thingy

You can learn about temperature control whilst grilling. I cannot recommend a few hours watching the Kamadoe Joe Youtube channel highly enough.

The Joetisserie is a fine thing, but probably best left untul you've mastered the temeprature control, lest you end up with a lump of carbon on a stick.

PSRB
07-02-2019, 08:39 AM
You can learn about temperature control whilst grilling. I cannot recommend a few hours watching the Kamadoe Joe Youtube channel highly enough.

The Joetisserie is a fine thing, but probably best left untul you've mastered the temeprature control, lest you end up with a lump of carbon on a stick.

:hehe: My friday night will consist of watching those whilst consuming much red wine and forgetting everything by Saturday :thumbup:

Monty92
07-02-2019, 08:40 AM

Link to this recipe?

Moro tonight :cloud9:

Monty92
07-02-2019, 08:40 AM
:hehe: My friday night will consist of watching those whilst consuming much red wine and forgetting everything by Saturday :thumbup:

Amazingribs.com is your friend. Seriously.

PSRB
07-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Amazingribs.com is your friend. Seriously.

Yeah, had a good look at that as well.......difficult getting hold of some of the ingredients though and how much is a "cup"?

Sir C
07-02-2019, 08:44 AM

Here's a good way to start: load charcoal into the firebox, light your all-natural firelighter and let it burn with the lid and both vents open for ten minutes. Then close the lid, leave the lower vent open about 2 inches and the top one two notches. Now just stand there and wait. Drink a few beers. After 30 minutes or so the temperature will have settled somewhere between 225 and 300 f. You can whatever temperature you get with those settings as your baseline and work from there.

PSRB
07-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Here's a good way to start: load charcoal into the firebox, light your all-natural firelighter and let it burn with the lid and both vents open for ten minutes. Then close the lid, leave the lower vent open about 2 inches and the top one two notches. Now just stand there and wait. Drink a few beers. After 30 minutes or so the temperature will have settled somewhere between 225 and 300 f. You can whatever temperature you get with those settings as your baseline and work from there.

:thumbup: very helpful, most unlike AWIMB

Sir C
07-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Link to this recipe?

Moro tonight :cloud9:

It was based loosely on this but I adjusted the rub and sauce to my taste and added the honey and butter stage from a different recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrGqfuw7lfg&t=65s

That Korean place by Waterloo was lovely. Extremely authentic and remarkable value. Definitely one to try when you're at the Old Vic.

Burney
07-02-2019, 08:52 AM

I seem to recognise him from AFTV rants.

IUFG
07-02-2019, 08:55 AM
I seem to recognise him from AFTV rants.

There you go then.
AFTV - for the hard of thinking...

Viva Prat Vegas
07-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Monty92 "Moro tonight "

Exmouth Market?

The 38 bus should drop you right outside

Viva Prat Vegas
07-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Burney "I seem to recognise him from AFTV rants."

That oafish gentlemangoes by the name of Heavy D

Probably because his real name is Colin

Burney
07-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Burney "I seem to recognise him from AFTV rants."

That oafish gentlemangoes by the name of Heavy D

Probably because his real name is Colin

Ah, that's it! Not AFTV, but from the (very poor) UK version of Storage Wars.

I got strangely obsessed with the US version at one point, but the UK version was terrible. The storage units were invariably filled with a load of old tat and piles of dirty rags.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-02-2019, 09:50 AM
I've never seen either versions of the show b
Do they randomly open abandoned storage units and whoever strikes gold wins?
A bit like those unclaimed suitcase auctions where bidders take a punt on the lost luggage they bid for containing troves of treasure within

Burney
07-02-2019, 10:04 AM
I've never seen either versions of the show b
Do they randomly open abandoned storage units and whoever strikes gold wins?
A bit like those unclaimed suitcase auctions where bidders take a punt on the lost luggage they bid for containing troves of treasure within

Exactly so. They offer a long-distance view of the contents for about 30 seconds and then encourage bids. The US one was quite good as people would have old cars and guns and cool stuff like that in the containers. The ones over here were mostly full of fúcked up old bits of lawnmower and shít like that.