PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon ideas for next July?

Monty92
06-26-2019, 02:34 PM
Brief: somewhere foreign that you can get to on Eurostar via Ashford in quick enough time to make a 3-night stay worthwhile.

Current front runners are:

Bruges
Switzerland

Have I missed anywhere obvious?

Burney
06-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Brief: somewhere foreign that you can get to on Eurostar via Ashford in quick enough time to make a 3-night stay worthwhile.

Bruges
Switzerland

Is this an oblique way of announcing your forthcoming nuptials, m? Congratulations.

I shall await my invitation.

And why not just get on an aeroplane you unutterable nancy boy?

PSRB
06-26-2019, 02:40 PM

Bruges
Switzerland

3 day honeymoon? Tight arse

Monty92
06-26-2019, 02:41 PM

Wanna look after my kids for any longer than that?

Stupid question - you won't even look after your own.

Burney
06-26-2019, 02:42 PM

Might I suggest, psrb, that in the context of a chap's honeymoon, using the phrase 'tight arse' could be considered ambiguous - to say the least?

PSRB
06-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Wanna look after my kids for any longer than that?

Stupid question - you won't even look after your own.

Had them for 3 days last week whilst glw swanned off to Portugal. Was a doddle

Monty92
06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Is this an oblique way of announcing your forthcoming nuptials, m? Congratulations.

I shall await my invitation.

And why not just get on an aeroplane you unutterable nancy boy?

Thanks! We are having it at the country's oldest brewery, with a tour thrown in for all guests.

They are definitely gonna be disappointed with the drinking power of the Jewish contingent :-(

Burney
06-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Thanks! We are having it at the country's oldest brewery, with a tour thrown in for all guests.

They are definitely gonna be disappointed with the drinking power of the Jewish contingent :-(

Shepherd Neame, eh? Filthy stuff, but there you are. :-(

Still, I'm sure Sir C and I will find a way to enjoy ourselves.

Sir C
06-26-2019, 02:48 PM

One assumes there is to be a free bar? I put it to you that we are big enough men to neck some filthy ale if it's on Bignose's tab.

Monty92
06-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Their Master Brew is pretty rank, but I'm a big fan of Whitstable Bay Blonde and even the Pale Ale isn't too bad. Spitfire perfectly acceptable, too.

Burney
06-26-2019, 02:51 PM
One assumes there is to be a free bar? I put it to you that we are big enough men to neck some filthy ale if it's on Bignose's tab.

You can't call a chap bignose at his wedding! Apart from anything else, if you did, half the congregation would probably think you were referring to them!

That's a point. Is it a church wedding? Or do his lot catch fire if they enter hallowed ground?

Burney
06-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Their Master Brew is pretty rank, but I'm a big fan of Whitstable Bay Blonde and even the Pale Ale isn't too bad. Spitfire perfectly acceptable, too.

I'll drink Spitfire if there's literally nothing else in the ale line, but I wouldn't call it acceptable on any level.

Tony C
06-26-2019, 02:52 PM
I work in Basel.

Extremely pleasant but extremely expensive.

Stay here...

https://www.lestroisrois.com/en/hotel

Weather in July will be like Dubai. If you fancy it take a swim in the Rhine. Perfectly normally for the locals.

Short train journey to other cities or something like the Black Forest. Maybe a watch tour of one of the big companies.

My mate support Young Boys (lol) and it’s him 25 minutes after work to get to there.

Tried all sorts of flight combinations...BA from Heathrow works best.

Side note...considering FC Basel as my 2nd club. At least they have their own burger at McDonald’s. Not having this Young Boys thing.

Monty92
06-26-2019, 02:57 PM
I work in Basel.

Extremely pleasant but extremely expensive.

Stay here...

https://www.lestroisrois.com/en/hotel

Weather in July will be like Dubai. If you fancy it take a swim in the Rhine. Perfectly normally for the locals.

Short train journey to other cities or something like the Black Forest. Maybe a watch tour of one of the big companies.

My mate support Young Boys (lol) and it’s him 25 minutes after work to get to there.

Tried all sorts of flight combinations...BA from Heathrow works best.

Side note...considering FC Basel as my 2nd club. At least they have their own burger at McDonald’s. Not having this Young Boys thing.

A few years ago I got dragged to the BaselWorld watch fair by a massive Asian bloke who ran a sh*tty start-up lifestyle magazine. He said he'd booked us an Airbnb, but when we got there it was a rancid bedsit with only a single sofa bed for us to sleep on, together.

That was a really, really horrible two nights' sleep. No bum stuff, but given the extent of the physical contact between us during the night he may as well have :-(

Sir C
06-26-2019, 02:58 PM
You can't call a chap bignose at his wedding! Apart from anything else, if you did, half the congregation would probably think you were referring to them!

That's a point. Is it a church wedding? Or do his lot catch fire if they enter hallowed ground?

They do it under a canopy, you know. And then they stamp on their glasses.

Savages, the lot of 'em.

PSRB
06-26-2019, 03:00 PM

Savages, the lot of 'em.

There is a chair also involved, if I remember correctly.

Monty92
06-26-2019, 03:02 PM
There is a chair also involved, if I remember correctly.

Yes, the bride and groom get lifted high up in the air on chairs while everyone dances around them. What larks.

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:03 PM
A few years ago I got dragged to the BaselWorld watch fair by a massive Asian bloke who ran a sh*tty start-up lifestyle magazine. He said he'd booked us an Airbnb, but when we got there it was a rancid bedsit with only a single sofa bed for us to sleep on, together.

That was a really, really horrible two nights' sleep. No bum stuff, but given the extent of the physical contact between us during the night he may as well have :-(

Tight arse?

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:04 PM

Savages, the lot of 'em.

I heard they do it through a sheet. And then the woman has to shave her head or something.

As you say, savages.

PSRB
06-26-2019, 03:07 PM
Yes, the bride and groom get lifted high up in the air on chairs while everyone dances around them. What larks.

Very vague memories of that wedding, a lot of Columbia's national product was going around and then nearly killed myself driving home as fell asleep and somehow managed not to go under a lorry. Fun times

Monty92
06-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Very vague memories of that wedding, a lot of Columbia's national product was going around and then nearly killed myself driving home as fell asleep and somehow managed not to go under a lorry. Fun times

You went to a Jewish wedding where cocaine was going around? :frown:

Was it Harvey Weinstein's?

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:09 PM

Crude petroleum is Columbia's biggest export, psrb.

Luis Anaconda
06-26-2019, 03:10 PM

We almost dropped Ian Harvey I recall (PBUH)

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:12 PM
You went to a Jewish wedding where cocaine was going around? :frown:

Was it Harvey Weinstein's?

It's an excellent way of saving on the catering. :shrug:

I'm more concerned by the naive African notion of driving back from a wedding while under the influence. I went to my sister's on Saturday and there was no fúcking way I was driving back before at least 24 hours had passed.

Burney

What? Since when has he been a Jew?

Tony C
I usually stay here when I’m in Basel

https://www.schweizerhof-basel.ch/

Nice option with the main tram and train station outside

And they do take a lot of honeymooners. Been there long enough to know.

I did look at AirBnB option but too many variables to consider.

If you want something more homely then try:

Apartmenthaus Zum Trillen Basel

If I’m spending a long time over I go with this as the hotel scene can get boring.

Monty92
06-26-2019, 03:14 PM

I bet you both go all coy when you finally meet my mother :rolleyes:

PSRB
06-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Crude petroleum is Columbia's biggest export, psrb.

:pedant: :-)

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:17 PM
:pedant: :-)

It's actually quite a good pub quiz question. Idiots answer cocaine and the smarter ones think you're trying to trick them into answering cocaine and usually answer 'coffee'.

Sir C
06-26-2019, 03:18 PM

I missed that. I must have been being culturally offensive in the smoking area. :-(

Ash
06-26-2019, 03:19 PM
It's actually quite a good pub quiz question. Idiots answer cocaine and the smarter ones think you're trying to trick them into answering cocaine and usually answer 'coffee'.

Their coffee is good though imo.

Ash
06-26-2019, 03:21 PM
I missed that. I must have been being culturally offensive in the smoking area. :-(

It was too early for that. During the three-hour ceremony, if you recall. By the end of that we were all gasping for a drink.

Burney
06-26-2019, 03:25 PM
It was too early for that. During the three-hour ceremony, if you recall. By the end of that we were all gasping for a drink.

Three-hour ceremony! :yikes: Fúck that ragged!

I thought a nuptial mass was bad.

Viva Prat Vegas
06-26-2019, 04:27 PM
PSRB "3 day honeymoon? Tight arse"

Accounts for the purse string tightening Season Ticket share scheme request

Ash
06-26-2019, 04:27 PM
It might have been nearer two, tbf, but we were allowed to nip out for fag-breaks at least.

The Insider
06-26-2019, 05:19 PM

Bruges
Switzerland

https://www.hotel-lajetee.com/

Quick flight to LA Rochelle and then a taxi to the Isle!

beats the off Bruges or Basel.

Pokster
06-27-2019, 06:38 AM

Bruges
Switzerland

Up the Arse imo