PDA

View Full Version : I mean obviously women's football has made some great strides forward over recent

Maravilloso Marvo
06-10-2019, 02:45 PM
years.

The standard is clearly heading in the right direction and there is still plenty of room for this piece of the market to grow.

However, is it just me that still cannot watch it without continually having a conversation with myself in my mind going "yes" "yes" "no" "maybe after a few beers" "never in a million years" "yes" "yes" etc etc

Ash
06-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Er, Marve, you seem to have mistaken this place in the first instance for one that is not, for the most part, utterly hostile to the concept of women even being allowed to play competitive sport.

PSRB
06-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Er, Marve, you seem to have mistaken this place in the first instance for one that is not, for the most part, utterly hostile to the concept of women even being allowed to play competitive sport.

Said it before and I'll say it again, women's winter sports are equally as good to watch as their male counterparts.

Maravilloso Marvo
06-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, women's winter sports are equally as good to watch as their male counterparts.

Do you mean like when they play with the yellow football?

Maravilloso Marvo
06-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Do they really get competitive about it then? I just assumed that after the match they all stripped off into a great big bath together and lezzed off for an hour or so.

Peter
06-10-2019, 03:57 PM

Women's tennis is thoroughly watchable. Different game from the men in terms of power and speed but still very watchable.

Women's cricket is rubbish.

PSRB
06-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Women's tennis is thoroughly watchable. Different game from the men in terms of power and speed but still very watchable.

Women's cricket is rubbish.

Although the England wicket keeper is very, very good indeed

Maravilloso Marvo
06-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Although the England wicket keeper is very, very good indeed

You mean you would? Or you already have?

Ash
06-11-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking of going to watch the Arsenal women next season instead of the men. It can hardly be any less entertaining, and they win stuff. Boreham Wood is easy to get to from Kentish Town.

Monty92
06-11-2019, 09:45 AM
I'm thinking of going to watch the Arsenal women next season instead of the men. It can hardly be any less entertaining, and they win stuff. Boreham Wood is easy to get to from Kentish Town.

Attending a pre-season friendly in Peterborough = massive gayer
Attending a chick's game coz you're upset your team is only the fifth best in the country = totally fine

:rolleyes:

IUFG
06-11-2019, 10:02 AM

yes. But. The goalkeeping, A.

Girlie goalkeeping makes Almunia look life Buffon

Ash
06-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Attending a chick's game coz you're upset your team is only the fifth best in the country = totally fine

I didn't actually describe you in quite those terms tbf.

I expect that, joking aside, I will still be going having just renewed my season ticket. Did you renew yours?

Ash
06-11-2019, 10:15 AM

The goals are too big :shrug:

Monty92
06-11-2019, 10:20 AM

Surely that applies to the pitches too?

I said PITCHES!

Monty92
06-11-2019, 10:21 AM
I didn't actually describe you in quite those terms tbf.

I expect that, joking aside, I will still be going having just renewed my season ticket. Did you renew yours?

Yep, even though the people we were sharing with last season have dropped out :hardcore:

I'm hoping to sell my ticket for around half the games, but that will probably rely on us stopping being totally f*cking sh*t :-(

Pokster
06-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Hasn't some woman got into trouble by saying the goals should be smaller?? Would be the obvious thing to make them 7 by 7

Monty92
06-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Hasn't some woman got into trouble by saying the goals should be smaller?? Would be the obvious thing to make them 7 by 7

Surely having child bearing hips should even out any other natural size disadvantage?

I mean, I know they're all lesbians, but it's still a biological FACT.

PSRB
06-11-2019, 10:24 AM
You mean you would? Or you already have?

She is kinda cute

PSRB
06-11-2019, 10:25 AM

Although the Scottish keeper was excellent against England......but, yes for the most part they're ****e

Monty92
06-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Although the Scottish keeper was excellent against England......but, yes for the most part they're ****e

It's probably a spatial awareness thing as much as size.

Speaking of which, one of the perks of doing all the school runs is that there are invariably a handful of conveniently positioned parking spaces that none of the mums were able to get into :hehe:

IUFG
06-11-2019, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping to sell my ticket for around half the games, but that will probably rely on us stopping being totally f*cking sh*t :-(

Gold - you end up selling matches on TX - usually the cat C games no-one wants to go to. Club Level is the same but 3/4 times the price .

Silver membership is quite the holy grail, really.

PSRB
06-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Gold - you end up selling matches on TX - usually the cat C games no-one wants to go to. Club Level is the same but 3/4 times the price .

Silver membership is quite the holy grail, really.

:nod: I've kept mine and let Ears have it. Just means it's there if I ever need it

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-11-2019, 11:02 AM

Jesus wept, just what kind of mincing, cock devouring homo goes to a pre-season in Peterborough?

I imagine having to go a couple of hours without a dick in their north 'n south is a bit of a trial. Come to think of it, there's probably ample opportunity for some knob scoffing in the bogs at half time given every man there will be a mahoosive gayer.

Monty92
06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Jesus wept, just what kind of mincing, cock devouring homo goes to a pre-season in Peterborough?

I imagine having to go a couple of hours without a dick in their north 'n south is a bit of a trial. Come to think of it, there's probably ample opportunity for some knob scoffing in the bogs at half time given every man there will be a mahoosive gayer.

Witty......