PDA

View Full Version : Talking of frayed tempers, sw called me a nonce on twitter :-(

Sir C
05-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I was quite offended.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-31-2019, 12:51 PM
He uses it as a term of endearment for those he respects the most

Ash
05-31-2019, 01:25 PM
I was quite offended.

Why did he do that?

Sir C
05-31-2019, 01:27 PM
Why did he do that?

I retweeted a comment by a chap who suggested that it is possible that employed Senor Emery may have been something of an error.

Subsequently he became even more abusive, but I don't really wish to think about that. :ptsd:

Ash
05-31-2019, 01:49 PM
It is a sad day when one has to take to the Twitters to see what our Ulsterman* friend is saying about the football.

Does he trade under his real name on there?

*Were he here, our friend from the nine counties would probably not thank me for using this term.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 01:58 PM
It is a sad day when one has to take to the Twitters to see what our Ulsterman* friend is saying about the football.

Does he trade under his real name on there?

*Were he here, our friend from the nine counties would probably not thank me for using this term.

Aye, searching his real name will display his account. He doesn't say much, mind.

7sisters
05-31-2019, 02:09 PM
I was quite offended.

Tbf , His vitriol was aimed at Spanish Gooner. I’m still a tad confused about the whole shoe’s thing.

Burney
05-31-2019, 02:13 PM
I retweeted a comment by a chap who suggested that it is possible that employed Senor Emery may have been something of an error.

Subsequently he became even more abusive, but I don't really wish to think about that. :ptsd:

Actually, he seems to have said it of the chap you retweeted rather than you. I don’t know what he said after that since he seems to have deleted it.

All in, very unsavoury. As you know, I strongly disapprove of intemperate language.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Actually, he seems to have said it of the chap you retweeted rather than you. I don’t know what he said after that since he seems to have deleted it.

All in, very unsavoury. As you know, I strongly disapprove of intemperate language.

I strongly suspect that he had imbibed of the juice of the grape. or grain. Or both.

Let us always remember our station as gentlemen and try to set an example of politeness and sanguinity at all times. Bear in mind that drooling, simple creatures like herb look to the likes of us for guidance.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Tbf , His vitriol was aimed at Spanish Gooner. I’m still a tad confused about the whole shoe’s thing.

Do you think? I remember nothing of shoes. I may have had a drink or two.

Burney
05-31-2019, 02:22 PM
I strongly suspect that he had imbibed of the juice of the grape. or grain. Or both.

Let us always remember our station as gentlemen and try to set an example of politeness and sanguinity at all times. Bear in mind that drooling, simple creatures like herb look to the likes of us for guidance.

Yes, but we must also bear in mind that cattle look to the prod for guidance. It doesn’t do to coddle our more bovine brethren. They get uppity and start to imagine they’re our equals.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-31-2019, 02:23 PM

And while we're on such subjects c, a gentleman would never abuse his position as a moderator to interfere with the contents of another chap's post.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 02:24 PM
And while we're on such subjects c, a gentleman would never abuse his position as a moderator to interfere with the contents of another chap's post.

I quite agree, h.

Are you suggesting that this has happened?

Burney
05-31-2019, 02:26 PM
Do you think? I remember nothing of shoes. I may have had a drink or two.

My father was inflicting some sickly Californian filth on me. It was treacle and tasted of Vanilla and I had to drink about a bottle of it before it became even semi-palatable. I don’t know what he was thinking. Anyway, it left me with the most dreadful hangover yesterday for which I hold the entire US wine-growing industry responsible.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-31-2019, 02:28 PM
Sir C "I quite agree, h. Are you suggesting that this has happened?"

Callback for Nicosia

Sir C
My father was inflicting some sickly Californian filth on me. It was treacle and tasted of Vanilla and I had to drink about a bottle of it before it became even semi-palatable. I don’t know what he was thinking. Anyway, it left me with the most dreadful hangover yesterday for which I hold the entire US wine-growing industry responsible.

I had to do an all-dayer yesterday. Started with beer and rosé at Zedel, moved on to beer through the afternoon and then it all ended messily with Vieux Carrés at the Savoy :-(

This morning wasn't good.

Burney
I quite agree, h.

Are you suggesting that this has happened?

Oh, yes. Now I remember, I think that in my cups I took exception to h calling you a cùnt and abused my privilege to change his post. Silly, really, but there we are.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 02:29 PM
Oh, yes. Now I remember, I think that in my cups I took offence at h calling you a cùnt and abused my privilege to change his post. Silly, really, but there we are.

1. He called me a what now?
2. Did you? Aww that's sweet. ty b.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-31-2019, 02:29 PM
71 Guns did it recently to a post made by Yesterday Once More

All good fun