PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you what's worse than Arsenal losing, trying to lose weight, that's what

WES
05-30-2019, 12:28 PM
post my trip to Canada and NY I maxed out at 15 st 8 lbs - not good :-(

Down to just over 15 st now but want to lose a bit more.

Tue - wanted beer post work, drank light tonic
Wed - wanted loads of beer/wine with the football, drank 2 cans of lager and one glass of wine
Thu morning - wanted a bacon sarnie, had an M&S fruit package with mango and watermelon
Thu lunch - wanted a 5 Guys double cheese n bacon burger, had a Pret Italian salad

Life is sh1t right now :-(

Pat Vegas
05-30-2019, 01:01 PM

Wed - wanted loads of beer/wine with the football, drank 2 cans of lager and one glass of wine
Thu morning - wanted a bacon sarnie, had an M&S fruit package with mango and watermelon
Thu lunch - wanted a 5 Guys double cheese n bacon burger, had a Pret Italian salad

it's quite easy sir. You just have to decide to do it. I don't regret losing a load of weight the past couple of years. should have done it much sooner.

WES
05-30-2019, 01:05 PM
it's quite easy sir. You just have to decide to do it. I don't regret losing a load of weight the past couple of years. should have done it much sooner.

I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume. :-(

Did you diet or exercise or both? If diet, what did you cut out?

Pat Vegas
05-30-2019, 01:14 PM
I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume. :-(

I did diet as I am lazy.

I went extreme for a while with this Keto diet, Not for everyone but I did it for a while it broke all my habits of eating stuff full of sugar.I used to down cans of coke like they were going out of business so i removed that and stuff like crisps. I am not much of a drinker so that wasn't a factor.

I lost 30lbs and went down to 12 stone, but i just eat whatever now i keep an eye if it goes over a certain amount.
on the other hand i had to buy completely new clothes.

IUFG
05-30-2019, 02:25 PM

I think this might help...
http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/024_viz242_LCME.jpg

AFC East
05-30-2019, 02:46 PM

Compare the calories in booze/fries/cheeseburger to the calories expended in a workout....

You'll have your answer then.

Sir C
05-30-2019, 08:43 PM

Just go for a run you lazy fat ****.

It’s not difficult. Burn more calories than you eat. Fat greedy pig.

AFC East
05-30-2019, 11:00 PM

It’s difficult to fit a marathon in every day when you have to work.

Ash
05-31-2019, 08:44 AM

Running knacks the knees a little bit though, doesn't it? Or ankles. Especially if supporting a pound or two over the optimum.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 08:48 AM
Running knacks the knees a little bit though, doesn't it? Or ankles. Especially if supporting a pound or two over the optimum.

New research* shows that running is no where near as bad for the joints as had previously been thought; and those excess pounds won't be there very long if you give it enough welly.

I had one non-functioning knee joint and a similarly decrepit ankle, but after using cycling for a couple of years to build some muscle, they have reacted extremely well to running - indeed, prior to starting regular running I wouldn't have made it anywhere near a Wainwright.

*Something I read in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago.

Pat Vegas
05-31-2019, 08:53 AM
Compare the calories in booze/fries/cheeseburger to the calories expended in a workout....

You'll have your answer then.

Innit, I work out on a machine for half an hour to burn enough calories for that chocolate bar I just ate.

Not eating the chocolate bar is easier.

Peter
05-31-2019, 08:56 AM

You have to embrace the misery. It's not forever and you actually get used to being hungry. It becomes your friend as its a clear sign that what you're doing is working.

One tip- stop weighing yourself. It is meaningless and the weight loss isn't consistent. A good week will tell you you can step off the gas a bit, a bad week will make you want to give up. Forget the weight, just measure it by how your clothes fit.

Sir C
05-31-2019, 08:58 AM
Innit, I work out on a machine for half an hour to burn enough calories for that chocolate bar I just ate.

Not eating the chocolate bar is easier.

Do the workout and avoid the chocolate and all will be well.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Pat Vegas
05-31-2019, 09:13 AM

I love that thin feeling in the morning when you wake up.

I am talking about myself and not your thin feeling.

Tony C
05-31-2019, 09:14 AM
I’m starting a tape worm company if you want in.

It’s aimed at the woke SJWs

By taking one you’re helping another of nature’s creations, helping the environment, reducing your carbon footprint and improving your health.

I’m going to be mega rich.

Also I’ve invented Dirt Butter. Brilliant on toast imo....even though I haven’t tried it and I’m not sure it’s actually butter.

Ash
05-31-2019, 09:48 AM

Although there is something to be said for not being one meal away from starvation. In an uncertain world a (modest) reserve fuel tank could come in handy.