PDA

View Full Version : Will Emery have the dignity to resign?

Sir C
05-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Because those yank ****s won’t sack him, will they?

Pat Vegas
05-29-2019, 08:47 PM
He might as well.
He can’t win in this situation. The club is beyond ****ed.

7sisters
05-29-2019, 08:50 PM

:hehe: It took the board ten years to give the senile French tit the tin tack... Then again, the yanks don’t usually hang around. :rubchin:

Burney

And lose his massive severance cheque? Will he fúck.
Classic destroy-and-exit by the Basque lad. Steve McLaren couldn’t have done better.

AFC East

Dignity you say?

Burney
05-29-2019, 08:52 PM
Dignity you say?

Indeed. The man hasn’t even got the dignity to have his teeth fixed or to stop dyeing his hair and dipping it in chip fat.

AFC East
05-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Indeed. The man hasn’t even got the dignity to have his teeth fixed or to stop dyeing his hair and dipping it in chip fat.

Can you imagine the smell?

bbrian
05-29-2019, 08:55 PM
And lose his massive severance cheque? Will he fúck.
Classic destroy-and-exit by the Basque lad. Steve McLaren couldn’t have done better.

He has to go now though ...he has shown to be incapable of doing anything with this squad of players . As its not likely we are going to buy our way out of it , someone else will have to be brought in to try with this current mob of shīt****s ....glwtp

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-29-2019, 08:55 PM

As much as i have detested the last 6 weeks, if I had to choose between Emery or those ****s from America, I'd rather see those **** selling the club and ****ing off.

WES
05-29-2019, 09:02 PM
Yeah. Wenger took virtually the same team to 6th place, 37 points back and a EL semi final and had to be sacked.

Emery in one year got to 5th and a EL final but he should resign.

You lot really do want us to become Chelsea :hehe:

Pat Vegas
05-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Yeah. Wenger took virtually the same team to 6th place, 37 points back and a EL semi final and had to be sacked.

Emery in one year got to 5th and a EL final but he should resign.

You lot really do want us to become Chelsea :hehe:

Ah that Chelsea that just won another trophy.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-29-2019, 09:08 PM
His job this season was always going to be crushing the weak pathetic creche culture Wenger's Arsenal had become. Until Ozil is booted out this task can't be completed. He sums up everything wrong with the late Wenger era. The problem is with his wages his transfer value is zero. I keep seeing retards saying things like "all Emery has to do is sell Ozil for £50m and start rebuilding the squad." What, WHAT THE ****! With his £350k a week wages he's worth less than a free transfer. No sane club would pay anything over 10m, plus £350k a week for a lightweight reserve aging player who doesn't do it in big games or any away from home.

No manager managing Arsenal is going to make an aging Ozil into a top level player nevermind an elite one. Let's hope for our sake a naive Chink team comes in and offers to match his wages.

WES
05-29-2019, 09:12 PM
Ah that Chelsea that just won another trophy.

Yes, and when we have Abramovich’s billions to spend we’ll be in with a shout as well.

The point was actually that changing managers on an annual basis comes at a cost and there would be those that would argue that doing so makes your club a bit of a joke. I’d prefer that not to happen to Arsenal, thanks.

WES
05-29-2019, 09:14 PM
His job this season was always going to be crushing the weak pathetic creche culture Wenger's Arsenal had become. Until Ozil is booted out this task can't be completed. He sums up everything wrong with the late Wenger era. The problem is with his wages his transfer value is zero. I keep seeing retards saying things like "all Emery has to do is sell Ozil for £50m and start rebuilding the squad." What, WHAT THE ****! With his £350k a week wages he's worth less than a free transfer. No sane club would pay anything over 10m, plus £350k a week for a lightweight reserve aging player who doesn't do it in big games or any away from home.

No manager managing Arsenal is going to make an aging Ozil into a top level player nevermind an elite one. Let's hope for our sake a naive Chink team comes in and offers to match his wages.

I th8nk all of that says that it will take a few years to recover from Wenger’s incompetence in his later years with the club.

I agree.

Whether Emery is the solution is yet to be seen, but he needs another year or two.

Tony C
05-29-2019, 09:21 PM
We’ll be lucky to finish Top10 next season.

Transfer budget will be £25m max so we’re stuck with the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil. Might as keep Micky...not going to do better.

Everton and Wolves will improve, expect a big show from Norwich and Newcastle will spend big under the guidance of Rafa. In fact expect every other club even Derby in the Championship to outspend us.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-29-2019, 09:22 PM
I th8nk all of that says that it will take a few years to recover from Wenger’s incompetence in his later years with the club.

I agree.

Whether Emery is the solution is yet to be seen, but he needs another year or two.

Apart from Lichtsteiner Emery's transfers have been decent so far and even then that was just a cheap squad filler signing. (he did prove to be well **** though) And we probably would have got away with how awful he was but for Bellerin's career threatening injury.

If Emery manages to boot out and replace Ozil, Mustafi and Xhaka with decent hungry players i'd say he's had a great summer. Those 3 sum up the end of the Wenger era. Huge transfers for ordinary players. Xhaka was Wengers choice ahead of Kante, shocking stuff.

John Bunnell
05-29-2019, 09:31 PM
Yes, and when we have Abramovich’s billions to spend we’ll be in with a shout as well.

The point was actually that changing managers on an annual basis comes at a cost and there would be those that would argue that doing so makes your club a bit of a joke. I’d prefer that not to happen to Arsenal, thanks.
Count the trophies Chelsea have won in the last 10 years you bellend.

WES
05-29-2019, 09:32 PM
Apart from Lichtsteiner Emery's transfers have been decent so far and even then that was just a cheap squad filler signing. (he did prove to be well **** though) And we probably would have got away with how awful he was but for Bellerin's career threatening injury.

If Emery manages to boot out and replace Ozil, Mustafi and Xhaka with decent hungry players i'd say he's had a great summer. Those 3 sum up the end of the Wenger era. Huge transfers for ordinary players. Xhaka was Wengers choice ahead of Kante, shocking stuff.

Well Xhaka wasn’t a huge transfer money wise but I agree he’s a fundamental problem. Ozil just doesn’t fit and he was never that good under Wenger either. Mustafi we shouldn’t speak about.

I’d happily ship all three out if we could get a central defender, a LB and a midfielder to play with Lucas. Maybe a wide attacking player as well. But the important thing is not so much that buy players in certain positions but that we buy players we can afford who will improve. Spurs funded themselves with the sale of Bale and others, Liverpool with Coutinho and Suarez. We just need to get better in the transfer market. Wenger had lost his touch and we are now paying the price.

WES
05-29-2019, 09:32 PM
Count the trophies Chelsea have won in the last 10 years you bellend.

Count Abramovich’s billions you halfwit.

Tony C
05-29-2019, 09:36 PM
Best we can hope for is Holding replacing Mustafi, Chambers for Xhaka and maybe ESR for Ozil.

Hopefully Holding will be back...welbeck is back, Bellerin training again so maybe he’ll heal quicker too.

Problem is I don’t think Ozil wants to leave so only way is to hound him out now.

I’ve got no idea how in today’s market of severely inflated prices you make £25m work.

Might consider listening to offers for Aboomerang and keeping Welbeck to be honest with you. That should get some money in.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Well Xhaka wasn’t a huge transfer money wise but I agree he’s a fundamental problem. Ozil just doesn’t fit and he was never that good under Wenger either. Mustafi we shouldn’t speak about.

I’d happily ship all three out if we could get a central defender, a LB and a midfielder to play with Lucas. Maybe a wide attacking player as well. But the important thing is not so much that buy players in certain positions but that we buy players we can afford who will improve. Spurs funded themselves with the sale of Bale and others, Liverpool with Coutinho and Suarez. We just need to get better in the transfer market. Wenger had lost his touch and we are now paying the price.

Xhaka at 35m was a huge deal at the time. Aboomerang, a genuine World class player and forward in his prime didn't cost much more a couple of years later.

Yeah I'd happily ship all of Xhaka, Ozil and Mustafi off the wage bill and bring in one CB. Then just hope the big young Greek (terrible and big injuries this season)steps up next year as well as Emile Smith Rowe. Both of those look to have serious talent and worth gambling on if they can be fit for pre season

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-29-2019, 09:44 PM
Best we can hope for is Holding replacing Mustafi, Chambers for Xhaka and maybe ESR for Ozil.

Hopefully Holding will be back...welbeck is back, Bellerin training again so maybe he’ll heal quicker too.

Problem is I don’t think Ozil wants to leave so only way is to hound him out now.

I’ve got no idea how in today’s market of severely inflated prices you make £25m work.

Might consider listening to offers for Aboomerang and keeping Welbeck to be honest with you. That should get some money in.

Giroud brought in on a free. (probably a 10m signing on fee) and laca sold for 40m before his new contract and signing on fee would be good business.

Peter
05-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Xhaka at 35m was a huge deal at the time. Aboomerang, a genuine World class player and forward in his prime didn't cost much more a couple of years later.

Yeah I'd happily ship all of Xhaka, Ozil and Mustafi off the wage bill and bring in one CB. Then just hope the big young Greek (terrible and big injuries this season)steps up next year as well as Emile Smith Rowe. Both of those look to have serious talent and worth gambling on if they can be fit for pre season

We need options in both full back positions, a centre back and an attacking midfielder. That's just a start. Priority is going to have to be pruning the **** and the overpaid- mustafi, Ozil, kolasinac for a start.

John Bunnell
05-29-2019, 09:48 PM
Count Abramovich’s billions you halfwit.

Count our billions cocksucker.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-29-2019, 09:50 PM
We need options in both full back positions, a centre back and an attacking midfielder. That's just a start. Priority is going to have to be pruning the **** and the overpaid- mustafi, Ozil, kolasinac for a start.

Yeah in Emery's formation and style the full backs are the most important players. Our season died on it's arse when Bellerin died.

Tony C
05-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Sack him, get a Eddie Howe in, sell everyone and rebuild with the kids and a couple of signings.

Let’s make 10th place count for something so we have a something to build upon for 2020-21 and beyond imo

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
Chambers
Holding
Sessengon

Torreira
Willock

Nelson
ESR
Fraser

Welbeck

Maybe we entice Troy Deeney over.

Anyone I didn’t name can leave even Aboomerang and Lacazette

Eddie and Tyreece John Jules can step up imo

Just Trent
05-29-2019, 11:20 PM
Sack him, get a Eddie Howe in, sell everyone and rebuild with the kids and a couple of signings.

Let’s make 10th place count for something so we have a something to build upon for 2020-21 and beyond imo

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
Chambers
Holding
Sessengon

Torreira
Willock

Nelson
ESR
Fraser

Welbeck

New manager looks inevitable. Max Allegri or Zardu Hasslefrau imo

Pokster
05-30-2019, 07:00 AM

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
Chambers
Holding
Sessengon

Torreira
Willock

Nelson
ESR
Fraser

Welbeck

Hard to play Wellbeck when it is him that wants to leave and didn't want to discuss a new contract

WES
05-30-2019, 07:31 AM
Yeah in Emery's formation and style the full backs are the most important players. Our season died on it's arse when Bellerin died.

Very true re the fullbacks, which is of course why he rarely plays 4 at the back. Why would you when AMN and Kolasinac are your options (maybe Monreal but he needs him in the back 3)? It also means that if you play 3 up front as is his want, your 2 midfielders need to be disciplined and, ideally, athletic. Xhaka is neither of those and Lucas is still young and learning.

A CB, LB, midfielder and attacking player will do for next year - along with the return to full health of Holding and Hector.